Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom icon problem/ artwork framework taking over

Default Custom icon problem/ artwork framework taking over
    iPhone4 4.0iOS.
    So I made a custom icon for Shazam it's 120x118 titled [email protected] in com.shazam.Shazam. The icon does show up BUT my custom mobileicon framework also shows up. Why is the mobileicon framework working also on this icon. I just want the custom icon. has anyone run into this issue or have a fix for this, cause i'm stumped. Ive tried everything i could think of.

I think you'll need to rethink your effects to accommodate a transparent AppIconOverlay.
    The reason some of the icons do this is because the app was built to include the default overlay in the iOS system, rather than require the designer to reinvent that particular wheel when making their icon.
    The same seems to be true of many of the 3rd party apps with @2x icons. As far as what I've seen this happen to on my device it holds true for Reuter's, Bloomberg, AllThingsD (which also relies on the default AppIconShadow), TheWeatherChannel, iThoughts, IMDb, NewEgg, MyWireless, DuckDuckGo, Wolfram, MapQuest, AroundMe, Yelp, Scanny, CareerBuilder, GifViewer, iTraslate, iTeleport, pDowloader, and almost all my games.
    Personally, I'm playing around with using the AppIconShadow and the Wallpaper(/Dock)Shadows to correct for this, with a transparent AppIconOverlay.
    Good luck.