Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.1 + iPhone 4 = Themes Broken? (kinda)

Question iOS 4.1 + iPhone 4 = Themes Broken? (kinda)
    I used limera1n to jailbreak, and it's great, everything's working, even the themes...

BUT, the problem comes when I try to use a custom battery theme, or custom lock screen... they just don't work, oh, and keyboards. Is there something I missed? It's just those 3, and I'd rather like a different keyboard and battery.. :P

Sorry if this was brought up, and I just missed it.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Keyboards have not worked since they released firmware 3.0. As for your battery.. make sure you're using a "retina" or "HD" theme or it won't work. As for the lockscreen I'm not sure.

Ah, I was unaware of the keyboard bit, and the battery, as well. I've been gone for quite a while... hah, since the days of 2.x.

Well when I install and use a lock screen, what's it supposed to do?

oh, and sliders don't work either, I got a whole bunch of "Android" stuff, Battery, Slider, etc.

I know I seem really n00b-ish, but I'm not.. just kinda new to this "generation" of jailbreaking :P

Apple may have changed the names for many of the theme features. For instance the SMS bubble names have changed in the default folder among other things.

Positive Roots Reggae Radio For Positive People - Positive Roots Reggae Radio For Positive People

Yeah, that makes sense... so it's just a matter of time before everything is re-discovered. So... why can't keyboards work after 3.0? What did Apple do that made it impossible?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Your best bet is to get a relatively complete HD theme, and looking through the files to see how it all works in the new fw that's what I do anyway..

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

That'd exactly what I'm doing =) I ended up looking at a few iPhone 4 specific pieces and throwing them all together in a theme. It worked as a complete theme. Now to make my own =D
    Last edited by bren132409; 10-13-2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Typo

I had the same problem and realized that a lot of the themes that I was downloading are not supported by 4.1 (custom battery, keyboards..). If you go into Cydia, go to search, type in ios4 and a list of themes, batteries, custom status bar, etc pop up. Also type in iPhone 4 (if you have an iPhone 4) and more pop up for that. I'm still working on trying to find custom keyboards for iAcces 4 China, but it doesn't look like any of them are for 4.1 (some for 4.0 but haven't seen 4.1 yet). Hope this helps!

Yeah, I found a bunch of pieces for iPhone 4, on 4.1.. it's specific images... so I'm combining them all and making my own complete iPhone 4 on 4.1 theme.

If you'd like I'll include a zip of the iPhone 4-specific items. Battery, Folder, icons, background, lock screen, etc.

and I've heard keyboards haven't worked for some time now...which is depressing...