Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Theme question: navigation bars...

Default Facebook Theme question: navigation bars...
    I am trying to theme some parts of the navigation bars (see pictures below) and the buttons at the top, but I can't seem to find the source png's in the application folders. Is there some UIImage that is being used? I can't seem to find the source in UIImages either.

I am looking for the ORIGINAL image location for the following images

-Blue navigation bars at the top and bottom on picture 1
    -Blue buttons image in pic 1 and 2
    -Search bar in pic 2
    -notification bar in pic 2
    -page identifiers in pic 2
    -icons (profile, friends, etc) in pic 2

Ive been searching for days. Thanks so much for anyone that can help!!
    Update (posted below):

So this is what I ended up with...

These are the files I changed (from UIImages)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9pcrh6676ah8824

It is all UIImages changes that are hard to miss, but do change pretty much EVERY app. But its more complicated than normal.

To start, the navigation bars at top and bottom are the following files:
    UITintedBottomBarHighlight.png
    UITintedMiniBottomBarHighlight.png
    UITintedMiniTopBarHighlight.png
    UITintedTopBarHighlight.png
    UITintedTopBarHighlightTall.png

This should change your navigation bar, but it is not that simple. The image doesn't just become what you set it to like the other nav bars, but sorta becomes a gradient of the colors used in the above images you choose. For instance, the one i used in the screenshot looked like a piece of wood with grains and everything, but it ends up just being a brown gradient on the screen. It better than nothing in my opinion, since I don't know anyone else who's found a perfect method of getting what you want.

There are a catch for the segmented and normal buttons: you will need to use something that stretches. the buttons are a universal size and the software that uses them will stretch it to the size they need. and

The buttons come in 2 kinds: segmented and normal buttons:
    The segmented that you wanna change are:
    UITintedSegmentedBarShadow
    UITintedSegmentedBarShadowSelected
    UITintedSegmentedMiniBarShadow
    UITintedSegmentedMiniBarShadowSelected

Obviously the selected buttons are how the segment buttons will look like selected (look at the bottom bar of the image above). Again, this gets a little complicated. If you desired image has any transparencies in it, like mine did, that makes it smaller than the original image, you will see the normal background behind it. So the images have to be the same size or larger than the originals. Also, there are highlight files corresponding to the normal and mini buttons that you may need to change if your icons are not the same size as the original (mine were the same in the image above so I didn't need to change theme).

There is an additional catch for the non-segmented button: when customizing the button, YOU WILL LOOSE THE SELECT EFFECT! I have been working on why this happens and have deduced that the effect must be occurring behind the images you use to replace them, meaning we don't see it :-(

For the normal non-segmented buttons the files are:
    UITintedBackButtonShadow
    UITintedButtonShadow
    UITintedMiniBackButtonShadow
    UITintedMiniButtonShadow

The same rules apply to these as did above for the segmented: If you desired image has any transparencies in it, like mine did, that makes it smaller than the original image, you will see the normal background behind it. So the images have to be the same size or larger than the originals. Also, there are highlight files corresponding to the normal and mini buttons that you may need to change if your icons are not the same size as the original (mine were the same in the image above so I didn't need to change theme).

Hope this helps some of you. Honestly I have scoured the internet looking for info on this, but this is all I could figure out/find. Enjoy. :-) and thank me if this help ;-)

If you like the wood effect, check out my theme on sale in cydia "HD Engraved Wood". In particular, check the weather widget i created for it: seems to be getting pretty popular and alot of people like it. See a screenshot below (requires you buy the paid version of the theme before you can download the weather widget):

Last edited by foundforgood89; 12-04-2010 at 07:44 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bryberg's Avatar
    Thanks

I am also looking for these files. I have been looking for a long time with no luck, they seem to be the only ones not in the images folder. Let me know if you find them.

Will do, but right now im not having any luck. I do know where the facebook logo is, but not the blue bars unfortunatly...

Thanks

Default icon locations
    The icons and buttons or located in var/mobile/Applications/long meaningless letters and numbers/facebook.app/images folder, but i cant fin the big blue bar thats at the top.

attachment show alterted inbox icon and notification icon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -fbicons.png  

Thanks

The blue bar is probably a system image, just like the nav bars in the default springboard UI.

Thanks

I dont think it is, I have changed all of the system images. Facebook is one of the only apps (that i use) that it didnt change. I will look through the system files though to see what I can find. Thanks for the suggestion.

i agree, ive themed everything and cant seem to get facebook themed. I also have a couple other apps that similarly wont theme, but i havent looked in their application folders to see if they had their own nav bars. ill post again if i cant find them either. But they all look like the same images slightly modified due to a shading or something. I dont know...

has anyone had any luck finding this?

Now it seems that custom carriers cant be used in the facebook app. How do you customize this app? idk where the files are? (I know where the images are in the facebook.app folder, but theres no UI navigation bars or carrier logo or anything...)

Finally made some leeway on this one! :-D

ill show later, but just a teaser for those who want this ;-)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I would love to see how you guys are theming this app. I have posted questions about theming this several times. I used to be able to theme most of it, but after one of the more recent updates, it stopped working. Here is what I had working before. I was also able to alter the "facebook" title at the top as well.

update (for me anyway ) I started replacing the icons and my icons seem to work again. So I am a happy camper! Now if you have figured out how to replace the buttons and header, it sh0ould really start looking good again. I hate how utterly bland their app looks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0374.png  
    Last edited by 1hihum; 12-02-2010 at 03:06 PM.

It is all UIImages changes that are hard to miss, but do change pretty much EVERY app. But its more complicated than normal.

This should change your navigation bar, but it is not that simple. The image doesn't just become what you set it to like the other nav bars, but sorta becomes a gradient of the colors used in the above images you choose. For instance, the one i used in the screenshot looked like a piece of wood with grains and everything, but it ends up just being a brown gradient on the screen. It better than nothing in my opinion, since I don't know anyone else who's found a perfect method of getting what you want.

There are a catch for the segmented and normal buttons: you will need to use something that stretches. the buttons are a universal size and the software that uses them will stretch it to the size they need. and

Obviously the selected buttons are how the segment buttons will look like selected (look at the bottom bar of the image above). Again, this gets a little complicated. If you desired image has any transparencies in it, like mine did, that makes it smaller than the original image, you will see the normal background behind it. So the images have to be the same size or larger than the originals. Also, there are highlight files corresponding to the normal and mini buttons that you may need to change if your icons are not the same size as the original (mine were the same in the image above so I didn't need to change theme).

There is an additional catch for the non-segmented button: when customizing the button, YOU WILL LOOSE THE SELECT EFFECT! I have been working on why this happens and have deduced that the effect must be occurring behind the images you use to replace them, meaning we don't see it :-(

UITintedBackButtonShadow
    UITintedButtonShadow
    UITintedMiniButtonShadow

The same rules apply to these as did above for the segmented: If you desired image has any transparencies in it, like mine did, that makes it smaller than the original image, you will see the normal background behind it. So the images have to be the same size or larger than the originals. Also, there are highlight files corresponding to the normal and mini buttons that you may need to change if your icons are not the same size as the original (mine were the same in the image above so I didn't need to change theme).

Hope this helps some of you. Honestly I have scoured the internet looking for info on this, but this is all I could figure out/find. Enjoy. :-) and thank me if this help ;-)

If you like the wood effect, check out my theme on sale in cydia "HD Engraved Wood". In particular, check the weather widget i created for it: seems to be getting pretty popular and alot of people like it. See a screenshot below (requires you buy the paid version of the theme before you can download the weather widget):

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

1hihum (12-03-2010), bryberg (12-03-2010)

Thanks

Thanks for following through on this. I lost interest in it a while back, but I think i am going to give it a try now.

Nice looking theme, I am not a fan of most wood-looking themes, but yours is an exception

Do you think you upload a zip of the facebook portion, so I can see exactly what the hierarchy looks like?
    Last edited by bryberg; 12-03-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foundforgood89 View Post

UITintedBackButtonShadow
    UITintedButtonShadow
    UITintedMiniButtonShadow

Thank you for the very detailed explanation. I will be looking into this myself now for sure. Great work!

the files work for facebook along with pretty much every other app (appshopper, **********, etc). I have attached a link to a zip of the originals files I changed (along with the highlights that I didn't change). Hope this helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9pcrh6676ah8824
    Last edited by foundforgood89; 12-04-2010 at 07:45 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

1hihum (12-04-2010)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Thanks again!

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Ok, this may sound stupid, but where do I navigate to to find these files?

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    Ok, this may sound stupid, but where do I navigate to to find these files?
    If your in the phone itself and looking for the original files, you can't find them: they are part of the shared.artwork in the springboard frameworks. However, to theme these files, you need to put your modified files into a /xxx.theme/UIImages/ folder and enable using winterboard

21. The Following User Says Thank You to foundforgood89 For This Useful Post:

1hihum (12-05-2010)