Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GUIDE theming in 4.X

have a look on the first page and there's a link to where to put images re icons, should sort it all our for ya
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

The name of phone icon would be Icon@2x.. I have put it in Themes/Bundles/com.applemobilephone/ ..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,096 Posts

AlbioTQ,
    First, u don't need the (appname)@2x.png if ur using a non-retina display device. If ur creating a theme for all devices, then nevermind!

Second, this is a stupid question but are you adding .png to the end of 'icon' (e.g. Icon.png)?

Third, why don't u just do it the easy way and create an 'Icons' folder in your Theme folder and then use the respective names (that you typed in your first post) for each App?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlbioTQ View Post
    The name of phone icon would be Icon@2x.. I have put it in Themes/Bundles/com.applemobilephone/ ..
    That is incorrect...for ur 3GS, it's just Icon.png

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlbioTQ View Post
    i have created some folders in bundles..
    For example com.apple.mobilephone and i have put the image in this folder named icon or icon@2x but nothing happened..
    My fault homey, forgot that you are a 3gs user. Yes, as the others have stated Icon.png is what you need in the respective folders. Or like I said, try the icons folder in the root theme folder.

Sorry bro,

KJ

Thanks

Agreed...'Icons' folder is easiest

@kingjust,
    I thought ur advice was good! He/she might wanna try pushing his/her theme on Cydia which would then work on all devices! Win-win for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Here are some Cydia icons that are manually themed and some that are not. Wish I could figure this issue out so everything would auto-theme!!!
    I don't think you completely understand Vampires and my dilemma. We can auto mask and auto shadow our app store icons but we can't get that third element to function properly which is the auto overlay effect that gives it that glass reflection feel. We get that we must place the @2x but this AppIconOverlay issue has us puzzled.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gabnata View Post
    I don't think you completely understand Vampires and my dilemma. We can auto mask and auto shadow our app store icons but we can't get that third element to function properly which is the auto overlay effect that gives it that glass reflection feel. We get that we must place the @2x but this AppIconOverlay issue has us puzzled.
    The appiconoverlay is not what gives you the glass reflection (in autoiconing). It is the darkening effect when you touch a button or not, depends how you set it up. Check my example i'm on post 34, here: AutoIconing that I made a while ago. The reflection is made through the minapulation of the automask and autoshadow working together. Take the rar file from that thread and you'll see what I mean. This is from my old 3gs theme.

KJ

At the end of all images there is .png
    In this theme i have an icons folder but only a part of the icons change..
    I have also in Bundles other folders like com.apple.calculator, com.apple.mobilephone ecc with image saved as icon.png ...
    Notes, photos,camera, settings change their icons but the size is wrong.
    Phone and bitesms don't change icon..
    Last edited by AlbioTQ; 11-19-2010 at 08:02 AM.

mr. VampireV
    currently iphone 4 fmwre:4.1
    would you be able to assist my problem pls and thx..

all i ask is how would i be able to create a transparent 'page2' for my games and where would i place it and how would i name it.

using HTC FX theme along w/ Grey HD and Casio2 icons

simply, just wanna place a transparent page on my page 2 of games..

my wallpaper remains intact..
    my homepage only has a few icons i mostly use..

page 2 has my long grid of games..

i've tried thru ssh or iFile:
    var/stash/themesxxxx/HTC FX theme place the file: Page2.png, resprung and still no appearance of the page..

i even attempted to place it under the other themes, still no appearance of the page..

would you be able to assist me?

personally I don't use pages But I do recall seeing a few threads saying its not compatible with os 4. Correct me if im wrong guys.
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

Quote Originally Posted by VampireV View Post
    personally I don't use pages But I do recall seeing a few threads saying its not compatible with os 4. Correct me if im wrong guys.
    Your right V, not compatible. Another sad ordeal for themers. I hope Saurik updates all these issues we are having.

Thanks

Same story here...I tried editing a Paged theme without any luck. Not sure if there us a solution out there but I got Parallax instead to do the Panoramic paging.

Thanks

Hey, another solution, well that really is pages is parallex... I think that is the name. It's not paging, but a panoramic pic that slides over a bit with every page slide... like the android.

KJ

Thanks

That's the one! It's awesome!

Hi,

Does anybody knows whether this bg found in the settings screen can be theme or not?If can, may I have the name and the directory to this image file?

Thanks

Thanks for the help VampireV! Appreciate it!

Sorry, one more question, does anybody knows this element (the white bg and the black divider) for list items themeable?

Last edited by dunnodt; 11-21-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I know the images for the gradient behind the A (they gray bg)heading for each image but not the white, When I get home ill confirm the file name for the

Yeah, I got that as well its UISectionListHeaderBackgroundOpaque.png and UISectionListHeaderBackground.png

I was thinking whether is the white bg with the black divider is hardcoded...

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast