+ Reply
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GUIDE theming in 4.X

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by VampireV Yeah. It's just stupid how all the other folders work fine with just the @2x images but uiimages needs both to work. Gotta wonder what apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VampireV View Post
    Yeah. It's just stupid how all the other folders work fine with just the @2x images but uiimages needs both to work. Gotta wonder what apple were thinking when they started figuring how they would display graphics. Lol for some if them to work you need to call them @2x~iPhone.png. Wtb continuity
    From what I've noticed is you only need the normal size .png file for UIImages. You can make the large @2x.png file amd have the normal .png but the image that is shown is the .png. I'm guessing its winterboard that needs a update. So until that happens UIimages only have to be normal size .png you don't need to create a @2x image since it wont show up anyways

iPhone? More like MyPhone VampireV's Avatar
    Thanks

thats what I originally thought too, until I did a comparison, for example, create a battery icon and make 2 copies, ie one 2x size @2x and one normal.

then do the same but just put in the normal - @2x. The quality is way different. IT does appear the @2x is used but for it to work you need the normal.

wierd
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

Resolution of those @2x images also matter. I have a 3.x theme that i upgraded to ip(t) 4 standards. It has Red as it's default colors but it has the option to use Blue instead (activated through WB). The Red theme I had increased resolution (300 dpi) and size (200%) by double. The Blue theme I only doubled the size. There is an edge blurriness that is seen when I use my Blue theme as compared to the Red. I'm goin to go back and redo the Blue theme since I like it better but it's interesting how much the @2x images actually impact the final Retina Display imagery.

Thanks

Yeah. Still gotta follow basic image editing. Easy to downscale but upscaling causes yuck

Thanks

thats what I originally thought too, until I did a comparison, for example, create a battery icon and make 2 copies, ie one 2x size @2x and one normal.

then do the same but just put in the normal - @2x. The quality is way different. IT does appear the @2x is used but for it to work you need the normal.

wierd
    here is my test.
    the images on the left are the @2x.png files and the ones on the right are the normal .png

Results:
    NO dots

test two same images but the dots are on the .png files and not on the @2x.png files

Results:
    Dots everywhere

So i'm not sure what to tell you but I can't find a way to make the @2x UIImages work

Thanks

It may only be the battery images that are effected

Thanks

I'v been stuck in UIImage hell for the past week. I'm going to keep messing around with things I'll post what I find works and doesn't when I can.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank you Vampire for this very easy to follow guide.

Does anyone know how to make a battery that has a 'running' percentage meter? More specifically, I am creating an Ichiro/Mariners theme and wanted to make an "Ichi-Meter" (a sign at the games that counted his hit total) battery that would count down from 100 as the battery decreased, but am not sure if it is possible.

Thanks

I'm assuming you mean a battery for the top bar an bit te lockscreen? Don't think it can be done you can setup % battey display with sbsettings but it's to the left of the image. Failing that if it's for the lockscreen you would need to divide the % into 17. Ie 17 100% 1 being 0% etc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Oops.. Sorry for being unclear. I was refering to lockscreen battery, the one that displayas when charging.

I am currently using the one in the attachment using the 17 images method. If I were to do it the way you said and have 100% on image 17, and 0% on image 1, would there be a way to have the percent keep up with the percent on the status bar or would it just have to be in 5% increments or however I choose to set them? Thank you again, I appreciate your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GUIDE theming in 4.X-ichilockscreen.png  

Thanks

Yup. Would be based on how you set it. Only way around it would be to create 100 images and change each by 1%. But sadly it only supports 17 images

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptically View Post
    Tried the sms bubble didn't work out.
    Manage to make it work by adding a ~iphone after the @2x.
    Eg. Balloon_1@2x~iphone.png
    I didn't see anyone confirm this, sorry if this is was already posted. I also had to add a ~iphone after the @2x on my files as well before they worked. Nothing else was working but that seemed to do the trick.
    Last edited by seamariners85; 11-05-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks

Oh yeah, sorry I should have updated that, anything under the chatkit.framework now has to have fielname@2x~iphone.png naming convention
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Oh yeah, sorry I should have updated that, anything under the chatkit.framework now has to have fielname@2x~iphone.png naming convention
    Hey vamp, i've been burning some midnight oil for quite some time. And I think I have all of the major UIImages nailed down. If you need to know where to put it or don't know what mods what, give me a shout... i'm sure I can find it in less than 12 hours with a reply and sample of my own stuff. That's assuming that you need the help LOL. Just puttin it out there for anyone else also. Just trying to help the community.

KJ

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Has anyone ever ran into this problem? I changed the color of my status bar battery, and after respringing the color changed as set, but now the battery bar and the battery itself don't align correctly. The bar is sits slightly above the battery. The files I used (under UIImages) are: Black_BatteryDrainingBG/Silver_BatteryDrainingBG and Black_BatteryDrainingInsides/Silver_BatteryDrainingInsides. The files that I used for when charging my phone/it's charged seem to be working correctly, but when I unplug it goes back to being unaligned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GUIDE theming in 4.X-griff.png  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

I have same problem but haven't researched the fix yet since I use 'Hide Battery on Status Bar.'. I'd like to know the fix, though.

Thanks

looks like it just the size of the fill image, try move down the Black_BatteryDrainingInsides and Black_BatteryDrainingInsidesLow heres a tester to go from.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Worked perfectly, Vampire. Thank you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Icons in the Theme
    hi , i have a ielegance pro theme on 3gs running 4.1
    not all the icons are changed by the theme as it was with 3.1.2
    some

thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,122 Posts

know anything about making keyboards? also do I use any templates? will these images just automatically look right by making them the sizes you stated?