Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GUIDE theming in 4.X

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That wont work either coz I am on iPhone 3GS and not iPhone 4. So I have been using half the resolution and without the @2x anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by VampireV View Post
    sorry was a misinformed guess,,
    try cameraButtonBarSilver without the @2x, seems pretty much the only @2x files supported are for icons. need a winterboard update for it to actually work
    Thanks a lot for trying Vampire...

I had alot of problems theming the photo app but finally got it. There are three images to theme in order to get the bottom bar a different color.

They are named:

cameraButtonBarSilver.png-center (u were right about this)
    cameraButtonBarSwitchWell.png-right
    cameraPreviewWell.png-left

Then: cameraButtonBarSwitchWellBackground-this is behind the switch
    cameraPreviewPlaceholder: this is behind the camera preview window

And another thing it took a lot of hit n miss trials to actually get it to line up.

The images goes into Bundles/com.apple.PhotoLibrary
    Last edited by Niks2481; 09-26-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Its unclear what exactly you want, in case you want somewhere to submit guides, or tutorials. Google Knol might be of interest:

VampireV can you PLS make this dock work on iPhone 4 for me ?
    I tried to simple change the size of this to 320x91 as you said but it cut like half of the dock out... pls help me...

attached, just need to make sure it's in the root folder, ie

MyTheme/Dock.png

-dock.png
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

MyTheme/Dock.png

-dock.png
    thx soooooooo much man! its much appreciated!
    cheer

MyTheme/Dock.png

-dock.png
    sorry I have one more request..
    this is the wallpaper I want to use on my iphone 4

but I don't know why there is a dock included in the wallpaper.
    isn't that I only need the black wallpaper as Wallpaper.png
    and the dock you just made for me as Dock.png?
    Can you edit the wallpaper for me in order to make it work with the dock you just gave me?

here is the original post of the wallpaper and dock:
    Browsing deviantART
    Last edited by andrewliaaa; 10-09-2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How to do change app Icons like Mobile Ter and **********.

Have a look on the first post re icon locations

andrewliaaa you'll need to find the wallpaper image by itself
    Last edited by VampireV; 10-13-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

First off, awesome guide!! Thank you very much. I have been messing around with the lock screen trying to clean it up, buy having trouble. I can't get rid of the box around the slide to unlock. I removed the gradient from the clock area though. Any thoughts?

okies, just make a transparent image under Bundles\com.apple.TelephonyUI\

bottombarbkgndlock@2x 158 * 192 (transparent)
    Should do the trick.
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VampireV For This Useful Post:

GPkilla (10-15-2010)

Worked perfect. I opened the theme in winterboard and it looked great. Except for my slider. It did not change!!

bottombarknobgray@2x 142 x 94 is the slider icon. throw it in the same folder TelephonyUI

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

VampireV, i'm having trouble getting my stock icons themed over. I've tried doing it the bungle/com.apple.XXX way and the theme.theme/Icons folder way and neither of them work. I'm I missing something here. Thanks,

KJ

What are the image names? Can you post a small example?

Thanks

I can't post it because i'm at work, but the test image I tried was for the settings. Following the guide, I did first a 114X114 photoshopped image. Saved the image as both Settings.png and [email protected]. I put those into the 'Icons' inside the theme folder. That didn't work. So I renamed them to [email protected] and saved them into the bundles/com.apple.Preferences folder. No go, so for shits and giggles I removed the @2x and see what that would do... again nothing. So neither way worked. I'm not sure exactly what i'm missing here...

Also, I realized that the settings icon inside the 'settings' of the phone is what changed. Hopefully that helps in finding out what I exactly did wrong.

Thanks,

KJ

iPhone? More like MyPhone deathman91's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone can help me on my custom lock screen? I followed as per told but my lockscreen doesn't change. It's already 320 X 480 pixels, activated the theme on winterboard, but it doesn't change.

Tried setting it as wallpaper, worked. But not for lockscreen.

Hi VampireV,

i have both an iPhone4(iOS4.1) and a 3GS(iOS4.1) for my wife.
    does your guide covers for 3GS or strictly iPhone4 only?
    or am i right to say for all 3GS instance i just remove the "@2x"?

i read post #1 it says iPhone4x. just wanna confirm if its the same for 3GS. else i'm gonna spend more effort to create exact theme for my wife

thanks for advise.
    Last edited by xenocide; 10-18-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Thanks

Hey Vamp, just figured it out from another thread on this site. I had disabled summermode for some reason, but when I switched it back on, the icon themed over... all is right in the themeing world.

LOL

Thanks though for trying to help,

KJ

Also found out that when using the Icons folder, and you want HiRes icons, put both a stock sized icon 59x60 and the hires 120x118 with the @2x.png on the end and you will get the hires working... so that you don't have to create every bundles folder. Try it, you'll see.

KJ
    Last edited by kingjust; 10-18-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kingjust View Post
    Hey Vamp, just figured it out from another thread on this site. I had disabled summermode for some reason, but when I switched it back on, the icon themed over... all is right in the themeing world.

LOL

Thanks though for trying to help,

KJ

Also found out that when using the Icons folder, and you want HiRes icons, put both a stock sized icon 59x60 and the hires 120x118 with the @2x.png on the end and you will get the hires working... so that you don't have to create every bundles folder. Try it, you'll see.

KJ
    thanks for the advise
    i'll trying loading a normal and a HiRes for 2 apps and see

howdy xenocide,

I'm personally testing it all on the iphone 4.
    But yeah, pretty much ill the @2x and you should be fine...ie half the size dimension wise too.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast