Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GUIDE theming in 4.X

Oh JEEZUS CHRIST...... you have no idea how much of an ANGEL you are...
    I have been googling and browsing for 4 days now on a guide/ist to help me theme for iphone 4/4S COMPLETELY in vain. Everything directed me to "installing themes" and "making themes" but for older versions. I've been trying to make a theme for so long and I thought I was going to have to forget it all... THANK YOU SO MUCH
    I had actually made an account just now so I could ask for help and I found your thread

This is a great post! I'm going to be following it!
    Anyway one question
    Why do files need to have the "@x2" in them? My iPod 3G will let me see my icons that I have created but they don't have the "@x2"

Do the later version iDevices require @x2 or does it just make it more HD for them since they do have better pixel screens and what-not

I'm sure anyone can reply to this!!!

PS: I am making a theme and its looking outstanding right now
    Preview
    and it will be released on cydia when it is finished!! or... near finished

I paid for an iPod Touch, I'll do what ever the hell I want to do with it!

Visit my YouTube:
    ThexKezza

Thanks
    Thanked 7,621 Times in 1,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThexKezza View Post
    Anyway one question
    Why do files need to have the "@x2" in them? My iPod 3G will let me see my icons that I have created but they don't have the "@x2"

Do the later version iDevices require @x2 or does it just make it more HD for them since they do have better pixel screens and what-not

Preview
    The @2x refers to images the retina devices use. If you're not making a HD theme, you should only need the images without the @2x extension. Hope this helps. Your theme is coming along nicely

Thanks
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThexKezza View Post
    Anyway one question

Preview
    Nice job on the theme! Be aware that iOS 5.0.x also added a '-72' addition as well. Certain apps require this to display the App icon. For example, the app might have:
    •icon.png
    •icon-72.png
    [email protected]

That being said, the @2x.pngs are double the size and double the resolution of a regular .png. So, if your current icon is 64x64 @ 72dpi, then the @2x.png will need to be 128x128 @ 144dpi. Retina displays auto-configure the @2x image back to regular size but use the higher resolution.

Lastly...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not put the theme name on you're wallpaper!!! This is my personal preference but I NEVER get a theme that has its name on it cuz I think it's cheesy. But that's just my opinion...you do what u want! Good luck!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    You could be right! I'm not 100% sure what the '-72' is for but I recently was trying to modify a theme to work on my ip4S and I added...

icon-72.png
    icon@2x~iphone.png
    icon@2x~ipad.png

...to cover all my bases. Something in there worked but I'm not sure which one. The icon.png & [email protected] weren't doing the trick for some reason...???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    You could be right! I'm not 100% sure what the '-72' is for but I recently was trying to modify a theme to work on my ip4S and I added...

icon-72.png
    icon@2x~iphone.png
    icon@2x~ipad.png

...to cover all my bases. Something in there worked but I'm not sure which one. The icon.png & [email protected] weren't doing the trick for some reason...???
    If its on the 4s, you only need the icon@2x~iphone.png. Keep in mind though, if you are designing for a HD product that you want to share, you should include all of the icons you mentioned. May I add small tip (it's been mentioned before). I use AppInfo from cydia, and it tells you the bundle ID, icon names, and a bunch of other useful info when theming. I use it to create custom bundles for themes I've brought.
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 07-12-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks

If its on the 4s, you only need the icon@2x~iphone.png. Keep in mind though, if you are designing for a HD product that you want to share, you should include all of the icons you mentioned. May I add small tip (it's been mentioned before). I use AppInfo from cydia, and it tells you the bundle ID, icon names, and a bunch of other useful info when theming. I use it to create custom bundles for themes I've brought.
    Good tip! I usually don't theme 'at all' anymore but decided to try out a white theme I found. Still not sure if I'm gonna keep it, despite all the work I put into it to get it just the way I like it!!!

My only 'themed' tweaks are AllSignals+ & iRetina-IntelliScreenX Toggles. I typically don't theme the Springboard anymore so I haven't stayed on top of what labeling does what.

I used to just get an already finished theme and copy its format for creating my personal theme. @iHaz3 themes EVERYTHING so getting one of his themes will give you the labels for every possible aspect of your iDevice!
    Last edited by thazsar; 07-13-2012 at 06:35 AM.

This is def an answer I was looking for.

I was wondering if there was a " GUIDE theming in 5.1.1 " version possibly? haha

I am on an iPhone 4s running 5.1.1, latest jailbreak, ect. I am a bit of a newb when it comes to custom theming, I have just been downloading different themes and trying them out. But lately I am curious as how to mix and match from themes, and to kind of create my own, to my liking, not for sharing, just for personal use. Is there a guide on how to do this?

Thanks for anyones help, and sorry if this off topic or considering " thread jacking" just hoping someone can point me in the right direction atleast.

Thanks

Not sure if there's a link. But zip up all your themes and go through them. Obviously all status bar images, data loading animations, buttons, etc are in the UI folder in your theme. But some of the UI is also in the other parts of the theme. Also worth noting is that if you want the UI from one theme and the icons from another, you could try to remove the auto masking folder from the theme you want to keep the UI. Then do a search for @2x in the subfolders of the same theme, and remove all the pics that look like icons. Then take the auto masking from folder from the icon theme, and place it in the respective folder for your UI. Then go through the icon theme, and put all the folders except the UI into there respective folders into your new theme. Then run it and you'll see if there's any problems, then fix them accordingly. Best way is to get someone's theme, then make your own them little bit at a time. So say I'd start by copying all the carrier bars to a UI folder, then making my own, overwriting the existing images. Then put that on my phone and see what it does It's a tough one I know, but learn from reading and what other people have done, then add you're own flare to it, and create something completely original.
    Edit: Also, if you don't already use it, winterboard has a function in the advanced settings, to dump all UI images not themed to a folder, so you can get some good tips from looking through that
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 08-04-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Not sure if there's a link. But zip up all your themes and go through them. Obviously all status bar images, data loading animations, buttons, etc are in the UI folder in your theme. But some of the UI is also in the other parts of the theme. Also worth noting is that if you want the UI from one theme and the icons from another, you could try to remove the auto masking folder from the theme you want to keep the UI. Then do a search for @2x in the subfolders of the same theme, and remove all the pics that look like icons. Then take the auto masking from folder from the icon theme, and place it in the respective folder for your UI. Then go through the icon theme, and put all the folders except the UI into there respective folders into your new theme. Then run it and you'll see if there's any problems, then fix them accordingly. Best way is to get someone's theme, then make your own them little bit at a time. So say I'd start by copying all the carrier bars to a UI folder, then making my own, overwriting the existing images. Then put that on my phone and see what it does It's a tough one I know, but learn from reading and what other people have done, then add you're own flare to it, and create something completely original.
    Edit: Also, if you don't already use it, winterboard has a function in the advanced settings, to dump all UI images not themed to a folder, so you can get some good tips from looking through that
    Wow that sounds way beyond me, but I will def. give it a shot! I imagine like anything else there is a learning curve, but once I get up that it's all downhill. Atleast I hope! haha Thank you so much for the help and if you or anyone else has any links I can reference to, I would really appreciate it. Gonna do some major googling tomorrow, that's for sure!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andy94 View Post
    I did remove lots of tweak and no help. I went to setting / reset/ erase all content and setting ( after it done respring got suck and had to reboot . Then it doesn't do anything. How can i make my phone complete wipe to restore it and jailbreak again.
    What model is ur iPhone and how long has it been jailbroken?

Can any1 tell me how to get my theme to go into winterboard? I can do it on my own phone thru ifunbox but when i upload it through myrepospace and then download it, it wont go into winterboard in order to enable it. Any help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Visceris View Post
    Can any1 tell me how to get my theme to go into winterboard? I can do it on my own phone thru ifunbox but when i upload it through myrepospace and then download it, it wont go into winterboard in order to enable it. Any help?
    You may have to package it in the way a .deb is compiled. So the folder structure would look like /var/stash/Themes/YourTheme.theme/

I don't use my repo space, but maybe see if your theme is installing to the root directory of your phone?

** posted by mistake, mods please delete **
    Last edited by wydchr; 03-14-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819