Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Resize iPhone 4 themes for older iPhones

Default Resize iPhone 4 themes for older iPhones
    Hi, since some people here asked the theme creators, if they would resize their themes in order to work on older devices, I thought I could make a program for that and save you some time. This application is simply resizing all the images from your theme to the right size for all iPhones. I only tried it on my theme yet, but it worked fine so far. I donīt know if a program like this exists already, but I didnīt find anything about it. If you try it out, I would appreciate if you report anything that is not working.

Note: The program only works on Windows and only if you didnīt use the optimize option in Winterboard.

Download: Image Resize

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to KevinX For This Useful Post:

88hurst (03-12-2011), Ballaghadigue (10-03-2010), Coop2009 (04-03-2011), crochunter84 (01-18-2011), detox246 (12-19-2011), eonC4PDA (02-28-2011), Fantasigraphic (01-06-2011), GaN-MaN (03-18-2012), GUNNY29 (11-12-2011), It's Mi (03-21-2011), Jahooba (12-16-2010), jayjOka (03-20-2011), jima6636 (04-11-2012), P0R7ER (05-06-2013), Sanady361 (12-14-2010), SirTimothy1 (01-20-2011), stratnik (05-05-2011), TechXero (10-14-2010), UNLOCKZ (05-23-2012), unoimkll (02-27-2011), x5c0d3 (08-25-2010), yakitori2009 (03-15-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Any feedback on this from anyone that used it?

I'm guessing you'd still have to rename the images or does this do it automatically?
    My latest theme - -

iPhone? More like MyPhone bryberg's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do so many people on an Apple-related site use Windows? Makes no sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bryberg View Post
    If apple would make the Laptops cheaper, maybe more users would buy them..

But for now I'll use what does the job for the better price.
    My latest theme - -

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sanady361 For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (03-18-2012), Jahooba (12-16-2010), jima6636 (04-11-2012)

I'm wary of trying new programs first. But this is really interesting. I hope someone tries it out. Also, what about the naming of files? Any way it can remove @2x from a couple hundred files as well?

This is a theme-related website. If you want to hang around and talk about how great Apple is, you're in the wrong place.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 12-16-2010 at 04:28 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

jima6636 (04-11-2012), stratnik (05-05-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone bryberg's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    This is a theme-related website. If you want to hang around and talk about how great Apple is, you're in the wrong place.
    I am not interested in talking about how great apple is(I already know), I am more interested in theming my mac, but just in case you are interested compare the number of topics related to mac versus the number of topics related to windows. You cant honestly tell me this is not a primarily apple related forum.

Apple, iPhone & iPad Forums | ModMyi.com
    Windows Specific Modding Discussion

just sayin

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bryberg For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (12-18-2010)

I am not interested in talking about how great apple is(I already know), I am more interested in theming my mac, but just in case you are interested compare the number of topics related to mac versus the number of topics related to windows. You cant honestly tell me this is not a primarily apple related forum.

Apple, iPhone & iPad Forums | ModMyi.com
    Windows Specific Modding Discussion

just sayin
    I think you missed my point. I'm simply saying that we're about modding here, and that is done with many different tools, on more than one OS.

To think that this is some kind of Apple fan site ONLY would be folly. It's about the art and craft of theming - that is its primary focus.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 01-18-2011 at 10:26 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone crochunter84's Avatar
    Thanks

Bro this is excellent,

just used this on the new INZNS theme and ported it flawlessly on my 3GS now, thanks for this saved me a lot of time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,891 Times in 1,189 Posts

[quote=KevinX;5419463]Hi, since some people here asked the theme creators, if they would resize their themes in order to work on older devices, I thought I could make a program for that and save you some time. This application is simply resizing all the images from your theme to the right size for all iPhones. I only tried it on my theme yet, but it worked fine so far. I donīt know if a program like this exists already, but I didnīt find anything about it. If you try it out, I would appreciate if you report anything that is not working.

Note: The program only works on Windows and only if you didnīt use the optimize option in Winterboard.

Download: Image Resize[/QUO

the link isn't working?

its cool got it working give it a try soon

[quote=apnottingham19;5764810]
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinX View Post
    Hi, since some people here asked the theme creators, if they would resize their themes in order to work on older devices, I thought I could make a program for that and save you some time. This application is simply resizing all the images from your theme to the right size for all iPhones. I only tried it on my theme yet, but it worked fine so far. I donīt know if a program like this exists already, but I didnīt find anything about it. If you try it out, I would appreciate if you report anything that is not working.

Download: Image Resize[/QUO

WORKS A TREAT NICE ONE PAL GOT THE THEME I WANT
    the link isn't working?

its cool got it working give it a try soon
    Last edited by P0R7ER; 01-27-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Iiiiiiiiiiii lllllloooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee yyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuu

=]

when i try to run this on windows xp,it says its a security risk and deletes it >=/
    i have norton 360. i also tried it on my laptop with windows 7starter and it first delted because it was a risk. now its showing up but when i try to run it it says its not a valid win32 application please help
    Last edited by Ven0M0D; 03-04-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

this a nice simple app 1 request could it have an option to replace/delete the @2x files so it just leaves a complete sd theme seperate?

thanks coop

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    A long time ago I downloaded this, but when I got Norton it said it was infected by a virus and deleted it. Now when I try to download it, it automatically gets deleted and I can't use it. Help!

You should probably open up your Quarantine area in Norton, then find the file and mark it as a false positive.

Then it should stop deleting it. Should.

Thanks Kevin you made ​​my life much easier

Thanks
    Hey, I can't believe more people haven't commented on this app you've made. This thing is awesome! Easy, fast and simple! My style! I've used it for a few different themes and so far it works perfect, or at least does exactly what it is designed to do.

I was amazed that when I used it on a an auto-skin-@2x icons folder, it downsized the overlay.png and left the mask and shadow the same size but renamed them. Perfect!

Great job and thank you very much. I'm now thinking of getting CarbonX Pro HD which with the use of this app, should be perfect for to downsize the custom icons. David

Thanks
    Thanked 2,891 Times in 1,189 Posts

Yeah this is awesome commented when i 1st used it brilliant work man :-)

Only issue is that i had to delete all the @2x images and the stuff that wasn't named @2x wasn't resized including SBSettings... other than that freaking awesome!!

The download link is dead Could someone please mirror it to mediafire?

Keep getting the message "Your Browser Sent a Bad Request"
    Last edited by MrElectrifyer; 02-25-2012 at 11:27 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Disable anti-virus. Most anti-virus programs think it is malicious and block the download, which is why you are getting that message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast