+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WeatherFurik Help

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Alright. I really hope someone can help me. I grabbed WeatherFurik from Cydia. It's available on both Cydia and Rock. There's 2 configureme. js files and I set my location
    Thanks

Default WeatherFurik Help
    Alright. I really hope someone can help me. I grabbed WeatherFurik from Cydia. It's available on both Cydia and Rock. There's 2 configureme.js files and I set my location in both. Anyways, after playing with the location settings in myopia.css I was able to get my weather where I wanted it.

HOW THE FUDGE TO I GET RID OF THE CLOCK?

I'm quite capable when it comes to programming and de-bugging code. I'm not fluent in any language but I understand how they work. I cannot for the life of me figure out where the code for the damn clock/date are

If you think you can help me I'd REALLY appreciate it. WeatherFurik is available in Cydia and Rock for free.

86 views and no one can help me?
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 08-20-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just downloaded this today as well. I noticed your city name is white. Mine is black, and it sucks. Did you do anything to change the color?

Sorry I couldn't help with your question...

Thanks

#city{
    margin-right:32px;
    text-transform:capitalize;
    color:white;
    font-variant: small-caps;
    text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7);
    font-size: 0.8em;
    }

Add that line that says "color........" to the myopia.css file

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LastSonOfKrypton For This Useful Post:

Sol1983 (08-20-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello,
    To configure the settings of dates and clocks, works widget.html (with notepad)
    and there you will find the settings dates, clocks, (AM / PM) ...
    To disable certain functions requires that you put
    //
    before the command
    var

And you can even change the position by changing the parameters
    table style = "position
    I am not an expert in this language either, I tinker.
    if you have further questions, do not hesitate.

DJé

6. The Following User Says Thank You to j1000 For This Useful Post:

LastSonOfKrypton (08-21-2010)

Thanks

Thanks I never thought to check out the HTML file. I'll look it up when I get home

Totally worked. Thanks. I don't know why I never looked in the HTML files. I thought the code for the clock would have been in the .css files but oh well. Clock is gone. Thanks again!
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 08-21-2010 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

how can you get rid of the Wallpaper???
    I've tried so many things. I want the iphone 4 wallpaper to be the wallpaper (so I can change it on the fly) but I can not get only the widgets to show up it always wants a wallpaper. If I change anything the background is just black.
    any help is much appreciated.
    thanks

this is for iphone 4. So not sure if I need to change anything else too. For example the widget.html seems to have reference to 320 x 480 (old iphone resolution)
    Last edited by rest_easy; 08-25-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rest_easy View Post
    how can you get rid of the Wallpaper???
    I've tried so many things. I want the iphone 4 wallpaper to be the wallpaper (so I can change it on the fly) but I can not get only the widgets to show up it always wants a wallpaper. If I change anything the background is just black.
    any help is much appreciated.
    thanks

this is for iphone 4. So not sure if I need to change anything else too. For example the widget.html seems to have reference to 320 x 480 (old iphone resolution)
    In Wallpaper.html, added the below:

<style>
    body
    {
    background-color: none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 20px 0 0 0;
    height: 480px;
    width: 320px;
    background-image: url("/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackground.jpg");
    background-size: 61%;
    }
    </style>

This will allow you to set your wallpaper the way you normally would (through Settings-->Wallpaper), but you'll need to respring in order for it to show up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ron1n For This Useful Post:

rest_easy (08-27-2010)

Thanks

<style>
    body
    {
    background-image: url("/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackground.jpg");
    background-size: 61%;
    }
    </style>

This will allow you to set your wallpaper the way you normally would (through Settings-->Wallpaper), but you'll need to respring in order for it to show up.[/QUOTE]

Will this work on a 3GS running 4.0.1 too? Or just iPhone 4?

Thanks

I love you. I had been trying so many things that didn't work and I don't know html code (or any code really at all)
    but I figured just about every function out. All along I was thinking it was something I had to delete or modify didn't know I had to add a line.
    I even fixed the user wallpaper option in winterboard and had that placed above and it was so close to working.

It's funny, when you point it directly to the wallpaper it fits but if you use a link within the folder it does not, it stays oversized (which isn't oversized of course it's just the theme thinks the iphone is 320x480)

Now, any ideas how to get it to use the hi-def wallpaper? 640x960?

Also, it only resets when you respring. When I had user wallpaper on it would reset the image on the fly. Is there anyway to completely disable the wallpaper function of the theme or to insert the user wallpaper shortcut?
    thanks so much
    Last edited by rest_easy; 08-27-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rest_easy View Post
    Now, any ideas how to get it to use the hi-def wallpaper? 640x960?

Also, it only resets when you respring. When I had user wallpaper on it would reset the image on the fly. Is there anyway to completely disable the wallpaper function of the theme or to insert the user wallpaper shortcut?
    thanks so much
    None of us (that I'm aware of, anyway) have had much success on either of these fronts, unfortunately. Seems this is the curse of what we're trying to do with the app. It might very well be somewhere in the js, but I certainly haven't found it yet.

EDIT: I stand corrected...maybe.

Was just looking at another post, and it's possible that this code would fix that problem.

Code:
    background-size: 320px 480px;
    	background-repeat:no-repeat;
    See here:

iPhone 4 HTML lockscreens.

FYI, this would go in Wallpaper.html, under background-image:url
    Last edited by Ron1n; 08-27-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks

well, I did this so far:
    Fixed the User Wallpaper theme by putting the correct path (had to add SpringBoard) and renaming to [email protected]
    Then I made this same shortcut in the weatherfurik theme folder
    Using your method I readjusted the directory to pointing it to the [email protected] shortcut IN my weatherfurik folder.

The size is not an issue with any of my photos (may be that size command?). but must respring anyhow
    EDIT: it may be a little off. It's definitely effected by the background-size line... hmm

I've also tried putting none or transparent instead of the url folder path. nope.

I don't think that does anything different from my method. I thought for a moment my sizing was off but that 61% looks about right. It was just using a different image so it wasn't placing landmarks at the right spot (a part was usually covered by a folder that wasn't happening but it was a different pic)
    still doesn't change on the fly either..... hmmm....
    I wonder if it Would change. The widget reloads every 50min (so it says), does that mean the wallpaper would too? I'm thinking the wallpaper only loads with the theme (but for some reason when using user wallpaper theme it changes on the fly, that theme doesn't use html, just a pic)
    Last edited by rest_easy; 08-27-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

OK, a HUGE thank you to you guys, I have the wall paper figured out, the clock and my loaction.

I had another question though. Would it be possible to change the icon from the weather app to a blank one and remove the name and have it as the blank one thats over the pic? So that clicking on the little sun would actually do something?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

None of what I've tried has resulted in a true HD image on Retina display...? Am I doing something WRONG???

Code:
        <style>
    	body {
    background-size: 320px 480px;
    	background-repeat:no-repeat;
    	}
    	</style>
    I'm now seeing my set home screen, and its full screen - but it is NOT the same retina display quality. Its a scaled down low-res version.

add @2x to the wallpaper name fixed it - sorry
    Last edited by Toaster; 08-29-2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

LOL Most of you have probably moved on....but I have scanned the various posts on Furik but don't see my problem addressed. When I installed the app the weather icon etc. doesn't appear at all on my screen. The date is there though.

Anyway, I have done the zipcode tweaks to the configureMe.js scripts in both places but still no icon. I reinstalled. Still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? I figured out the wallpaper pretty quickly, but can't see why the weather widget itself doesn't work :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradspeaks View Post
    LOL Most of you have probably moved on....but I have scanned the various posts on Furik but don't see my problem addressed. When I installed the app the weather icon etc. doesn't appear at all on my screen. The date is there though.

Anyway, I have done the zipcode tweaks to the configureMe.js scripts in both places but still no icon. I reinstalled. Still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? I figured out the wallpaper pretty quickly, but can't see why the weather widget itself doesn't work :/
    Which firmware are you on? It doesn't work if you are on 5.0 and above.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shad0wM0nk3y View Post
    Which firmware are you on? It doesn't work if you are on 5.0 and above.
    Yes, I am on 5.0. Thank you!