Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wallpaper darker/dimmer than Lockscreen - Why?

Default Wallpaper darker/dimmer than Lockscreen - Why?
    Hey guys. Trying to make a composite theme here - little bits and bobs from other themes that have certain things I like, but something really annoying me is that my springboard wallpaper seems a tad darker than on the lockscreen - colours are nowhere near as vibrant, and it's really annoying me.

And no, 'Dim Wallpaper' is not enabled in Winterboard. In fact, I even deleted it to make sure. Have also disabled all themes on Winterboard but it made no difference.

Lockscreen & Springboard:

Side-by-side comparison:

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this and how to fix it? The dull wallpaper is really horrible looking. And yes, same thing happens when I set other wallpapers as lockscreen/springboard too.

Are you using sbsettings?? If so try turning the brightness up in there... I have the same trouble when the brightness is turned down to far...

Been wondering the same thing, only my screenshots don't show it being darker.

and it's only the springboard wallpaper.

Using winterboard 320x480 wallpaper is fine???
    Last edited by boozie; 08-19-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have tried various wallpapers - iphone sized ones and larger sized ones. All result in a dimmer wallpaper than the lockscreen. Just cannot understand it at all.

I figured it out. You have to ssh or use iphone browser and go to:
    System/Libray/PrivateFrameworks/SpringBoardUI.framework - there is a .png file in there named "[email protected]" I backed it up, then then replaced it with one with no gradient in it. Dark wallpaper is GONE! I couldn't just delete it cuz somehow it the wallpaper was still dark, even though the file was gone. I HAD TO replace it with a blank one.
    Last edited by boozie; 08-23-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by boozie View Post
    I figured it out. You have to ssh or use iphone browser and go to:
    System/Libray/PrivateFrameworks/SpringBoardUI.framework - there is a .png file in there named "[email protected]" I backed it up, then then replaced it with one with no gradient in it. Dark wallpaper is GONE! I couldn't just delete it cuz somehow it the wallpaper was still dark, even though the file was gone. I HAD TO replace it with a blank one.
    any chance you could upload the file you put in SpringBoardUI.framework

Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ron1n For This Useful Post:

nealh (08-30-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron1n View Post
    Try this one, neal.
    Thank you very much

I caught that, no problem. Funny thing is, I dont think it did anything for me. I hoped it would bright stuff up even at mod. low brightness.

wait.. how did you get your time and date like that on your lock screen??

worked for me..much brighter thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bSince View Post
    wait.. how did you get your time and date like that on your lock screen??
    Bit off-topic but it was Typophone 4