Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Glasklart Classic 4.01...why'd they change things??

Default Glasklart Classic 4.01...why'd they change things??
    Glasklart 4.0 was great...if you ONLY wanted to change all your icons you'd activate Glasklart Icons in winterboard and that was it. All the icons were in ONE folder and if you made your own you'd SSH them into the same folder.

I updated to 4.01 last night and kind of disappointed now. There's TWO icon folders...Glasklart Forum Icons and Glaskart Icons..seems the regular icons stores the ones you make yourself while Forum Icons is where all the ones downloaded from Cydia now go. Great...no big deal about that, I can deal with it...now you can no longer just activate "Glasklart Icons"...you have to activate "Glasklart Forum Icons" too...also, no big deal but the problem is that even after activating those two icons folders all of the default iPhone icons like App Store, iTunes, Phone, Messages and the rest DO NOT show up as glassklart icons. The only way to get them to appear as Glasklart icons is to turn on "Glasklart Core" which I don't want to do because I don't like how it takes away the dock and also turns the background of folders solid black

I like the patterned wallpaper behind the folders way better but now stuck with non-glasklart iPhone icons if I want the stock SB look

Anyone else figure out how to show ALL icons as Glasklart without activating Glasklart Core?

Also activating Glasklart Alt Dock ends up pushing all the icons up so the bottom row doesn't display in the Alt Dock.

PS. How many times could I use the word "Glasklart" in one thread...lol.
    Last edited by vice86; 08-17-2010 at 10:07 AM.

It seems your problem revolves around using the program 'install-ouse' lol
    Last edited by metaljay; 08-17-2010 at 10:51 AM.

It's for "testing" purposes.

Better?
    Last edited by vice86; 08-17-2010 at 10:08 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't use Glasklart, so this may be way off....

Can't you just move the icons/bundles you want from the "Glasklart Core" folder into the "Glasklart Icons" folder?

Quote Originally Posted by bpdunsta View Post
    I don't use Glasklart, so this may be way off....

Can't you just move the icons/bundles you want from the "Glasklart Core" folder into the "Glasklart Icons" folder?
    D'OH..I guess I didn't look good enough using iFile. On my mac now I see each icon is in the com.apple.xxxx folder for each app in the bundles folder of "Glasklart Core"...only thing is each is named "icon.png" so I'll just have to name them correctly and drop in Forum Icons. I wonder though why they got rid of the ones already done and moved them to there and renamed them icon.png

Oh well...thanks for reminding me otherwise i wouldn't have looked in the bundles folder again.

I updated to 4.0.1 last night, and both my lock screen and spotlight search screen are back to their default looks. The custom slider on the lock screen seems in tact, but that's about it.

Does anyone knows of a way to fix either of these problems, or perhaps a way to downgrade to the previous version?

don't you hate when somethings working perfectly fine and they go ahead and change stuff around on it??? I know its free and all...but regardless, still slightly annoying.

Yeah it sucks. I think it might have been a mistake though. After a little research I'm noticing that the new installer doesn't contain the "Glasklart GUI" element, which the installer describes as "A GUI makeover for everything from the lockscreen, dialer, messaging, calculator, etc."

I wonder if they accidentally left it out?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodbyeSky View Post
    Yeah it sucks. I think it might have been a mistake though. After a little research I'm noticing that the new installer doesn't contain the "Glasklart GUI" element, which the installer describes as "A GUI makeover for everything from the lockscreen, dialer, messaging, calculator, etc."

I wonder if they accidentally left it out?
    It's called "Glasklart Core" now...when you activate that all the iPhone default apps will then show up as glasklart icons. I don't like the Glasklart GUI so I moved all the icons out of each app's folder in the BUNDLES folder, renamed them correctly, moved them to the regular icon folder and now they show up right with Glasklart Core turned off.

Found this in another forum -- fixed my issue:

It seems that what the "GLaskart GUI", which modify the lockscreen, disappeared in the 4.0 update. What I did is dowloaded the 3.9 zip here http://www.*****************/showthread.php?t=22084 and extract the Glasklart GUI in /var/stash/theme.xxxxx, and I also have Glasklart 4.0.1.
    Since the 4.0.1 doesn't have the directory, it doesn't conflict.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vice86 View Post
    It's called "Glasklart Core" now...when you activate that all the iPhone default apps will then show up as glasklart icons. I don't like the Glasklart GUI so I moved all the icons out of each app's folder in the BUNDLES folder, renamed them correctly, moved them to the regular icon folder and now they show up right with Glasklart Core turned off.
    I tried this and it worked... all but one thing. Calendar. since the calendar icon is dynamic... how can you disable core and keep it looking like it should with this theme?

Last edited by ratattak; 08-21-2010 at 12:16 PM.

yeah, i noticed that too but don't know how to have the letters/numbers show up white...but doesn't matter to me since I have it in a folder anyway.