+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove shadow when icons clicked?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I know im a new guy and i swear to you all that i do a good straight hour of searching before posting a question. I dont know what the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Remove shadow when icons clicked?
    I know im a new guy and i swear to you all that i do a good straight hour of searching before posting a question.

I dont know what the name of this graphic/effect is so its hard to search for.

With iElegance when i click on an icon the shadow is off center..

Is there a way to disable that? I deleted all background shadows but when i click on the icon that shade still works.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

I installed it SSH into themes folder but still get that shadow when i click on icons as in the picture above your post..

I have your theme enabled and have re-sprung

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Invader Zim View Post
    I know im a new guy and i swear to you all that i do a good straight hour of searching before posting a question.

I dont know what the name of this graphic/effect is so its hard to search for.

With iElegance when i click on an icon the shadow is off center..

Is there a way to disable that? I deleted all background shadows but when i click on the icon that shade still works.

I think this is how you do it... Find "IconDarkeningOverlay.png" delete or put a "1" on front of it in case anyone needs it. It's in the springboard.app although its not what you kind of wanted it gets rid of the whole gray square, but also the 'knowing of you pressing' the app. So when you like the press the app you don't know your really press it unless your actually press it... it doesn't show you, you did.

It's hard to explain just try it out. If anyone finds a different way tell me.

Hope this helps.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vinkym For This Useful Post:

Invader Zim (08-08-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You know, I did not use the theme, I just deleted the file (well, I added a 1 to the file name in case I want it one day)

The file is in this folder System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

The file name is one of these two.

WallpaperIconDockShadow.png
    WallpaperIconDockShadowT.png

The file name for the Muilt task dock to get rid of those shadows is

SwitcherIconShadow.png

7. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxygrrl For This Useful Post:

Invader Zim (08-08-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

IconDarkeningOverlay.png

Deleting that took care of it....

thanks again..

I might sound like a moron heaping so much praise all the time but i really do appreciate it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Invader Zim For This Useful Post:

tquit (08-21-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nice! I've been looking for this too... driving me crazy!
    IconDarkeningOverlay.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing guys. Driving me nuts looking for a solution to get rids of the background shadows after changing springboard themes.

Just to confirm what I did by the following these instructions on SSH: System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    Look for: IconDarkeningOverlay.png and added a 1 before IconDarkeningOverlay.png (1IconDarkeningOverlay.png)

No more annoying shadows............Big Thanks to galaxygrrl & Invader Zim for sharing guys.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That was annoying me too. I think the shadow would have been fine if the system had reduced the offset and placed it below the icon but, as it was, it looked stupid.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello all, not sure if the original question was ever answered regarding removing the shadow when icons are clicked

i did go to System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app, however there is no IconDarkeningOverlay.png for me to remove or add the (1)

my icons are not traditionally shaped and it is quite annoying when i "click" on them with the shadowing

any help would be much appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK. View Post
    hello all, not sure if the original question was ever answered regarding removing the shadow when icons are clicked

i did go to System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app, however there is no IconDarkeningOverlay.png for me to remove or add the (1)

my icons are not traditionally shaped and it is quite annoying when i "click" on them with the shadowing

any help would be much appreciated
    I also looked for those files and could not find them... Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!