+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 App Store Icons...... Help!!!

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I am having a problem that I can't seem to resolve. All of the icons that I have changed that are from the App Store have a black background. I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 App Store Icons...... Help!!!
    I am having a problem that I can't seem to resolve. All of the icons that I have changed that are from the App Store have a black background. I have replaced the following files in Bundles/SpringBoard.app with transparent versions but still no luck after multiple re-springs and re-starts. I've included a picture of what it looks like. I am using winterboard, but have made the changes manually with no luck also. iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 if it matters.

Thanks.

WallpaperIconShadow.png
    WallpaperIconShadowT.png
    IconDarkeningOverlay.png
    SwitcherIconShadow.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4 App Store Icons...... Help!!!-img_0021.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

Where did you get those icons from?? I like most of them

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skater38053 View Post
    Where did you get those icons from?? I like most of them
    All over. Iconspedia.com has lot's of good icons, and Google and Bing for the others. I will put a theme together and upload it once my problem is solved.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Do u know what size the icons need to be for the iPhone 4?

Thanks

How did you add them to your phone? Openssh?
    And do you know if they will work for the iphone4 looks like that's what you have

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Haha OP, you asked a question and didnt get an answer; instead youre the one getting questions about your pretty icons.

Ok well I have a question, in attempt to help you of course... These icons youre getting, they dont already have that black backround do they?

Have you opened the icons in photoshop to see?

Try changing the colors in PS of the icons' backgrounds. Im thinking it might also be a minor incompatibility with iPhone 4, so perhaps try downloading an iPhone 4 compatible theme via Cydia, then SSH and copy it to your comp. Open the icons folder and examine how those icons look in PS and also make sure your icons are saved in the same format.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 08-03-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Haha OP, you asked a question and didnt get an answer; instead youre the one getting questions about your pretty icons.

Ok well I have a question, in attempt to help you of course... These icons youre getting, they dont already have that black backround do they?

Have you opened the icons in photoshop to see?
    They are transparent. Some are from my iPhone 3GS where they looked fine. They look fine in Photoshop. This problem is only since I got my iPhone 4. I also created new icons to take advantage of the better display. It seems like some sort of overlay is getting put behind the App Store icons.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey jml i cant help you out but maybe you can help me. I see you successfully change the iPod icon. I keep putting my icon in but it will not change. I am naming it icon-MediaPlayer.png and replacing the existing one but it does not change after respring. i am not adding the .png in the rename because it puts that on it once you place it in there. what am i doing wrong. again sorry for the question when you are the one wanting help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hey jml i figured out how to get rid of the black shadow boxes if you still need to know how

Thanks

I'd like to know. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ssh into the phone and go to system/library/core services/springboard.app then scroll all the way to the bottom and delete these 6 lines - WallpaperIconDockShadow - WallpaperIconDockShadow@2x - WallpaperIconDockShadowT - WallpaperIconShadow - WallpaperIconShadow@2x - and WallpaperIconShadowT be sure to back those files up before you delete them just in case you want them back for some reason.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jameydog For This Useful Post:

vinkym (08-08-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jameydog View Post
    ssh into the phone and go to system/library/core services/springboard.app then scroll all the way to the bottom and delete these 6 lines - WallpaperIconDockShadow - WallpaperIconDockShadow@2x - WallpaperIconDockShadowT - WallpaperIconShadow - WallpaperIconShadow@2x - and WallpaperIconShadowT be sure to back those files up before you delete them just in case you want them back for some reason.
    You helped me alot thank you. I wanted to ask once that shadows gone how did I get rid of the square shadow when I click on my new customed icon?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vinkym View Post
    You helped me alot thank you. I wanted to ask once that shadows gone how did I get rid of the square shadow when I click on my new customed icon?
    im still trying to figure that out too. when i find out how I will reply to this thread. but if you find out before me, please post it here to

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im still trying to figure that out too. when i find out how I will reply to this thread. but if you find out before me, please post it here to
    I think I found it. Find "IconDarkeningOverlay.png" delete or put a "1" on front of it in case anyone needs it. It's in the springboard.app although its not what I wanted it gets rid of the whole gray square plus the 'knowing of you pressing' the app. So when you like the press the app you don't know your really press it... it doesn't show you, you did.

It's hard to explain just try it out. If anyone finds a different way tell me.

Hope this helps.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to vinkym For This Useful Post:

jameydog (08-15-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jml6278 View Post
    I am having a problem that I can't seem to resolve. All of the icons that I have changed that are from the App Store have a black background. I have replaced the following files in Bundles/SpringBoard.app with transparent versions but still no luck after multiple re-springs and re-starts. I've included a picture of what it looks like. I am using winterboard, but have made the changes manually with no luck also. iPhone 4 running 4.0.1 if it matters.

Thanks.

WallpaperIconShadow.png
    WallpaperIconShadowT.png
    IconDarkeningOverlay.png
    SwitcherIconShadow.png
    See if this help you, worked fine for me

Shadow behind appstore icons

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does the iphone have to be jailbroken to ssh? I can't get iphone explorer to work, only occasionally can I get in.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried this and respringed but still get a black background for my app store apps. Maybe this isn't a shadow that I'm dealing with...anyone know?