Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Able to change battery charging screen and phone keypad?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Able to change battery charging screen and phone keypad?
    Hi, just got my iphone 4 jailbroken and I see now that most of the files have changed on OS 4 and especially for iphone 4. Every file has @2x versions for higher resolution I assume.

A simple change of SMS balloons didn't even work.

I was able to get the color changed by SSHing the stock ones from the chatkit.framework folder, using fixpngiphone to convert them and then manipulate the color in photoshop and re-SSH them back into the phone.

But what about the battery charging screen and the phone keypad. I want to get my old custom Duracell artwork and retro dialer to work on my iphone 4.

Tried changing the dock background and it didn't seem to work either as I expected.

Want to change the taskbar artwork as well but one thing at a time I guess! Oh yes, badge artwork needs to have color changed!

Anyone know about this yet? I've been using this since 2007 along with old theme called "realized" and want it the same again now! Nothing too fancy for me, just a bit different and I've made a few of the icons myself over the years in photoshop with template I made for realized look...

As it sits now:

And what I must have!!!!

The retro dialer is one of the 3 main reasons I was waiting on the jailbreak! If no one else does first, I may try to recreate it from scratch for ip4. I always preferred the one in your pic over the new silvery one now in cydia.

Shawn
    You have to change the extensions to @2x.png
    For example "[email protected]"

Find the themes in /private/var/stash/theme

You have to change all 17 of them

The size will be off so you have to double the size of the .png using photoshop.
    To change the dialer, do the same thing with the files in the retro dialer theme.

I got it working on mine and it looks pretty good.
    Last edited by NotoriousC; 08-03-2010 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks

i did that for the battery and i changed them all it worked but my batter is really small, what is the correct size?

darknight
    528 x 258

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NotoriousC For This Useful Post:

Caboose1408 (08-09-2010), darkknight75 (08-03-2010)

Thanks

NotoriousC, has anyone figured out where the original battery artwork is located at? I'd rather replace it that way (as I always have) and use Winterboard only for things I like to change more often. Doing it that way has always seemed to keep Winterboard from slowing things down.

Looked in the spot I expected it to be and its no longer there.

Can you post a pic of your phone with the larger res artwork? I can resize everything in Photoshop but it will obviously be more pizelated.

hi,

i've got a pb with dialer.

i rename all file with @2x but i've got a very little dial !

can you help me ?

thx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

jamika, u have to increase the size of the file aswell as rename them

I rename et resize = size x 200% and it's good for dialer but it's not very beautiful

Now i need to resize battery and unlock slide

ps : sorry for my english, i'm french

Shawn,
    Not sure about the location of the original battery icon.

Here is what my dialer looks like......Not too bad when re-sizing it

I upped the older retro dialer here Retro Phone Dialer for iPhone 4 It's not "HD" but looks nice on the iPhone 4

Screenshot:

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boozie For This Useful Post:

Csbrown147 (08-04-2010), shawn o (08-08-2010)

Hey Boozie - your retro theme worked like a charm. Def looks like on the ip4.

Thanks

I resized my old Retro Dialer files 200% in Photoshop, renamed them properly and I get this.....

Tried to do it with Winterboard and even by changing the original files in the Mobilephone.app folder.

Oops, got it working! My old version didn't have any dialerkeypad artwork files. Thanks for providing those Boozie. It works now!
    Last edited by shawn o; 08-08-2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost