+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.0 Clock Backgrounds Supported?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
None of the lockscreen themes I can find in Cydia are able to change the clock background of the lockscreen in iOS 4.0. In 3.0, it was possible to achieve
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iOS 4.0 Clock Backgrounds Supported?
    None of the lockscreen themes I can find in Cydia are able to change the clock background of the lockscreen in iOS 4.0.

In 3.0, it was possible to achieve a custom clock background by placing an image called "UILCDBackground.png" in the "UIImages" folder, that is located in a theme's folder.

In 4.0, this just doesn't work; the clock background can't be changed this way. I figure this is either because:

1. Winterboard is now not able to theme the clock background.

2. Winterboard now uses a different image location to theme the clock background.

3. Winterboard now interprets the image differently, requiring the image to be somehow changed, maybe scaled to a different size.

Does anyone know why lockscreen clock backgrounds don't work in 4.0? I would like to update my own theme to work with it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

bump

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would really like this to be resolved

I figured it out... What you need to change is now located in Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI/BarLCD.png... Hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by kbigmike2121; 08-11-2010 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kbigmike2121 For This Useful Post:

galaxygrrl (08-11-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks! I wanted to use the clear lock screens and they did not work. Sure that file is in the same folder.