+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing/Removing iOS4 Dock?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
So far so good with iOS4 jailbroken on my 3GS, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to ever remove or change the stock iOS4 dock. So far
    What's Jailbreak? Crankdatsailorboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Changing/Removing iOS4 Dock?
    So far so good with iOS4 jailbroken on my 3GS, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to ever remove or change the stock iOS4 dock. So far every theme or dock I've tried just moves it up about 40-50 pixels. Any way to remove it or make it transparent? I've looked around through /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app to no avail... Is it located elsewhere???

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!

Green Apple
    Thanks

The dimensions for SBDockBG.png is different on iOS4. You need to edit the height of the image to bring it down. I can't remember the exact size and I'm on my phone so I can't find out, but if you compare 3.1.x and 4 you will know what I mean.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ocojaa For This Useful Post:

Crankdatsailorboy (07-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak? Crankdatsailorboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanx! I'll see if I can edit that to fit...

SUCCESS! Edit SBdockBG.png down to 1x320 px, then back to 45x320 px, and viola! Clear dock. It might not work for custom docks, but that wasn't my goal. If that was anyone else's goal, then I would suggest editing the custom dock you want to fit those dimensions, naming it SBdockBG.png to replace the stock one, then ssh'ing the file into SpringBoard.app! Many thanks to @ocojaa for the help!

SUCCESS! Edit SBdockBG.png down to 1x320 px, then back to 45x320 px, and viola! Clear dock. It might not work for custom docks, but that wasn't my goal. If that was anyone else's goal, then I would suggest editing the custom dock you want to fit those dimensions, naming it SBdockBG.png to replace the stock one, then ssh'ing the file into SpringBoard.app! Many thanks to @ocojaa for the help!
    Last edited by Crankdatsailorboy; 07-09-2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where, exactly, would one find that file while using SSH to get into the phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried swapping out SBdockBG.png with the dock png I had been using in 3.x and it moved all of my apps up, so that the icons for the phone etc were above the dock (and all other icons were moved up respectively)
    Does anyone know how to just replace the SBdockBG.png? What size etc does it have to be to do a straight swap?