+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weather background not working on OS4

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
i jb my 3g no unlock to OS4 with redsn0w beta 0.9.5b5-3 and the weather backgrounds was working fine but ibooks wasnt. so i jb again with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone jeezy45's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Weather background not working on OS4
    i jb my 3g no unlock to OS4 with redsn0w beta 0.9.5b5-3 and the weather backgrounds was working fine but ibooks wasnt. so i jb again with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 and everything is working fine now but now the weather backgrounds are not working. please help!!!!
    DON'T HESITATE HIT THANX!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you need to find all .js files that are being called on by your widget.html file in the weather mod, then copy all the info in each one to a blank notepad on your desktop. Separate them with a space or 2 so you dont butt the code up to the other. then when you have all the code in that notepad, head over to your widget.html and after the first </style> paste
    <script type="text/javascript">
    BLAH BLAH
    BLAH BLAH
    </script>
    Replacing my BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH with all that code you copied and pasted before into notepad.
    let me know if this does not workout for you and I will just give you my stuff and you can edit from there. Also the original poster can be found here http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...ng-tips-6.html if what I said confuses you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to boomchicken For This Useful Post:

jeezy45 (07-09-2010)

Thanks

Can you please give me so I can edit cuz it is alot different than it use to be

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am on my phone right now, but I will get it up for you today. Mine is a weather widget at the top.

Thanks

Cool

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

unzip and place in your /private/var/stash/Themes folder, you will need to edit your weather code and place it where I have mine "USGA0308" in the widget. DONT REMOVE THE ""!!

The original creator of this mod/widget is IBNyaffa, I take NO credit in it, only doing what I read in another thread, but if it helps, hey, it helps!! lol

Don't forget to activate it in winterboard, I removed the icon folder in the attachment so your theme will not look screwed up with a different icon if your theme does not put an icon in for it you need to create a folder in the "fixed.theme" folder called "Icon" and add a weather icon in there.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by boomchicken; 07-09-2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: needed more info and forgot the file

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to boomchicken For This Useful Post:

Duscarter (07-13-2010), dustin942000 (07-16-2010), Indy_chris (07-09-2010), Notepat (08-08-2010), WRX-KANO (08-05-2010)

Thanks

There was no file to unzip in the message

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had to make an edit to it, refresh the page and try again

Thanks

I don't understand i was changing weather_day_bkgd.png and weather_night_bkgd.png to one file how do I do that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what are the png dimensions of those 2 files, are they fullscreen? or just parts of the screen?

Thanks

320x480 fullscreen

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

you can use what I have to see what you need to get out of your .js files to place in your widget.html I had a feeeling what I have might be alot different from what you have, but you can open your configureme.js and wallpaper.js and yahooweather.js and put all of that code into the widget.html file with the rest of the code that was already in there with the

<script type="text/javascript">
    </script>

Thanks

What about if I'm putting it into a theme and not into my phone files than using winterboard what steps do I take

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just so that I am clear, are you wanting the weather widget on your home page or the background changed inside the weather application?

Thanks

I wanted the background changed in the weather app. Sorry if I wasn't clear

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boomchicken View Post
    unzip and place in your /private/var/stash/Themes folder, you will need to edit your weather code and place it where I have mine "USGA0308" in the widget. DONT REMOVE THE ""!!

The original creator of this mod/widget is IBNyaffa, I take NO credit in it, only doing what I read in another thread, but if it helps, hey, it helps!! lol

Don't forget to activate it in winterboard, I removed the icon folder in the attachment so your theme will not look screwed up with a different icon if your theme does not put an icon in for it you need to create a folder in the "fixed.theme" folder called "Icon" and add a weather icon in there.

Thanks so much. Trying to get this for a couple days. Your file helped me fix my error

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thats fine, if your wanting to change those images there is a thread on it at http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showthre...=25872&page=12 post #125, since I have never done that, I cant really help you with it. Other than to point you to what I have seen in threads. hope it helps, GL.... keep me posted on if it works out for you, I just might try it too!!
    Last edited by boomchicken; 07-09-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: wrong link

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I enabled in winterboard set on top of everything but it doesn't appear. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

I've followed the advice and got weather on my homescreen . Has anyone had any luck getting "Weather Elements V3" to work? I've tried using the above method and the background border will change but the weather fails to load.

Thanks

What I have to enter the weather Fixed.theme he shows me the weather in German?
    cloudi....sunny.....
    Last edited by trebor130657; 08-11-2010 at 01:57 AM.