Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did anybody figure out the startup screen

Default Did anybody figure out the startup screen
    I dunno if this has been addressed elsewhere, but did anybody figure out how to change the silver apple? I mean thru the whole boot sequence?

If you install the latest version of Customize, you can just upload your images into that root directory and then switch on the go.

Directory: var/root/System/Library/Customize/

Reako

this has never worked to me! I selected the chicken, didn't work.. Downloaded a few.. Nothing. Reset, restarted SB. Nothing. Is no one else experiencingthis?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My custom applelogo.png replacement only shows when the silver apple has faded out. Probably only show for half a second of a 10 second process. If anyone has figured out how to make your custom .png show the whole time I would love to hear it.

CGM

if the apple logo is in fact embedded in the boot sequence, like say the bios images from a pc, then its going to be difficult if not impossible to modify. way beyond my skills.

Last edited by sharpstyx; 09-27-2007 at 11:47 AM.

i remember on the razors the boot screen was said to be unchangeable although we got around that one. im sure this one will come to light soon. i have just got an iphone and am learning as fast as i can. if this is a project i pick up i will def post up my results. i love customizing my phones. and doing a bootscreen is an ultimate for me.

So the image that goes into
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    is the one that appears for half a second??
    http://i26.tinypic.com/68hhyh.jpg