Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downloaded ringtones now it's on Winterboard

Question Downloaded ringtones now it's on Winterboard
    Hi, I'm kinda new here but learning

I downloaded some ringtones from cydia, and they work. Now I see em on my Winterboard themes??

Is it safe to get rid of those from Winterboard but still have the ringtones intact? I checked via SSH under the themes folder and appears to be nothing in there cept for a bunch of empty folders...

Also on a related note, is it safe to delete the default ringtones that came with the iPhone via SSH?

Thanks guys n girls!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bump. I have all of the same questions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

When you check the tones in winterboard it changes a default one. Like many of the tones for texting. I wouldn't delete the default just in case.

If you remove the downloaded tones that are in winterboard it will remove them as well meaning you can't use them anymore.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

shrfu31 (01-19-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me about deleting the ringtones in Winterboard. Is it true there is a way to prioritize themes in Winterboard? I heard that the closer something is to the top, the more likely it is to overwrite something else that is vying for that spot. I guess if you had two lockscreen images checked on accident, then the one on top would be the one that is seen? Any light on this? I have searched for documentation/guides on Winterboard but I can't really find any written beyond a basic understanding.

Thanks again for answering my earlier question.