Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Moon phases icon set

Default Moon phases icon set
    I'm trying to make a winterboard theme that shows the current phase of the moon. I wonder if anyone knows where I can find icon sets of lunar phases?

Here are some that are pretty plain but you can open them in photoshop and add some cool effects.

Google Image Result for http://old.koalateam.com/batik/moonPhases.png

cheers

look on deviant art or google images
    make your own

Here is one more thats much better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -moon_phases.jpg  

I tried googling, of course, but couldn't find anything relevant. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

The first I found was this theme, but the problem with that iconset is that it only contains 27 phases, whereas a typical lunar cycle last 29 nights.

Do you really need all 29 lunar cycles? unless you are going to stay up all night and watch your iPhone going through each phase it seems a little pointless

if you like the current image i posted, i will be more than happy to clean the up for you and separate them out into individual images.

let me know.

cheers

Of course I don't need 29 phases. With 27 images, what I did was simply dividing the moon phase by 29 and then multiply by 27, to approximate the phases with only 27 icons. The problem with this is that I'd often end up with new moon icon when it's not really new moon, and so on for full moon and half moons -- these are the ones that are really obvious.

Yes, I would love to have your moon icon set. Many thanks in advance!

ok i understand.

i have created individual images and there are a total of 23. Let me know if this will work for you.

cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks!

The icons are great, but is it possible for you to give me all the 28 (or 29) images in the set? Or are the "cloudy" icons all there is?

the "cloudy" icons did not have any images but im sure i can add a cloud if you like. Did you want the cloud over any particular moon phase image?

What I meant is that I'd like to have 29 different phases of the moon. The picture you showed had 28 separate icons, but 5 of them are "cloudy". I wonder if you have the actual moon icons for these phases instead of "cloudy".

hmmm i dont know if they do.

I found this as well. maybe this will work better for you?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -11-08-moon.jpg  

Thanks, but I prefer the more "graphic" looks of the other icons.

Im having difficulty finding images that match the original items i sent you.
    here is one that is complete and they look much better.

what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -moonphases.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Spam^^^^