Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
05-04-2010, 08:20 PM #1
"OS 4.0 Folders" backgrounds for Categories
These two files that I attached can be used with Categories and CategoriesSB to (kinda) simulate the appearance of OS 4's folders.
The first file is the one used in the just-released Beta 3 (medium gray, cross-hatched, in the picture above), and the second file is the dark gray pock-marked look from the previous beta (gotta love those spongy dots).
1. Assuming you've already created some folders, use iFile to navigate to /private/var/stash/Applications/
2. In EACH category folder (Category000.app, Category001.app, etc) replace the background.png file with whichever one of these files you prefer.
- Make sure the new file that you're importing is named background.png
- Be sure to back up the originals if you're ever going to want to go back to them
3. Then open your Categories app, hit 'Manage Folders' then 'Edit' - then touch the blue arrow by the category(s) you want to mod, and make sure 'Use Background Image' is set to 'ON'.
- If you want all folders to have this background, hit 'Apply to All Categories.'
You should now have a 100% authentic knock-off of the backgrounds used in OS 4's folders.
I know there's a way to do it via winterboard as well, but I didn't bother with it, and am too lazy to look it up . . .
Last edited by wvcachi; 05-09-2010 at 06:45 PM.
05-05-2010, 02:28 AM #2
Last edited by wvcachi; 05-05-2010 at 03:31 AM.