Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Skinning / Themes Discussionforums, a part of the
Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touchsection;
I can't figure out how this icon is supposed to be named. I've tried On this day....png, On this day... .png, On this day ....png Anyone know the correct name?...
04-08-2010, 05:05 PM #1
04-08-2010, 05:20 PM #2
Couple ways to do it.
1. For Cydia app, Install Cydelete and you will be able to press the X and view the name.
2. You can go to categories, then go to a category, then press add. now find the app you need the name of. that is the correct capitalization/spelling of the app
3. swipe SBSettings, then press more. go to Hide Icons, and find the app. that is the correct capitalization/spelling of the app.
4. Install Rename (I or II) and open it. find your app and its correct capitalization/spelling will be under the O-N (original name).
5. press icon and make it wiggle, press delete, a window will pop up for you to verify deletion and shows the way it is spelled, spaced and caps.
04-08-2010, 05:45 PM #3
I did the "do you want to delete" trick right off the bat and it looks
to me like it should be On this day....png.
But it doesn't work.
I looked it up under the hide icons from sbsettings and it is listed as OnThisDay, so I tried that (OnThisDay.png) and that also doesn't work. It's just really annoying. Ill try and download Rename and give it a try. Any way to see exactly how the app is being called up?
Last edited by mestapho; 04-08-2010 at 05:58 PM.
04-08-2010, 05:54 PM #4
go to spotlight and search for it
whatever comes up as the name will be what u name it as
Last edited by battlecrushr; 04-08-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
You too blkcadi
04-08-2010, 06:17 PM #5
04-08-2010, 06:22 PM #6
Ok then get rename in cydia and change it to an easier name to change
04-08-2010, 06:34 PM #7
Well using rename to rename it worked, but I want to fix this so that people
who download my themes don't have to do this. Any other ideas? Is there a directory in the app that will show exactly how it is looking for the icon?
This is the only icon that I've run into this with.
04-08-2010, 07:56 PM #8
Searched for it, it is named On this day....png, confused by why it doesn't work.
04-08-2010, 08:18 PM #9
I know! It doesn't make any sense. It's freakin driving me crazy.
04-09-2010, 12:20 AM #10
There is another way, which is the new Winterboard way of themeing. Check out Winterboard forum, I'll make a guide in a couple of minutes.