+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Browser... Where do I change icons??

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I've done this before, but I cannot remember HOW or what folder I went into to change the icons. I know you go through iPhone Browser, but which folder holds
    Thanks
    Default iPhone Browser... Where do I change icons??
    I've done this before, but I cannot remember HOW or what folder I went into to change the icons. I know you go through iPhone Browser, but which folder holds the SMS, Phone, Weather and Calendar icons?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you are trying to make a theme then you would go into the theme folder for instance like this:

/private/var/stash/Themes.lJLEgU/My Penn State Theme

You can change the icons for apps in the Icons folder
    To change the sms background save a .png image in the directory of the theme naming it SMSBackground.png

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tjb5099 For This Useful Post:

Boner Soup (04-07-2010)

Thanks
    Ok, that helped some. The thing is, when I did this last icon change, it changed the icons permanitley. Now when I go to change themes, the icons stay the same. They dont change to the new themes icons. Its three particular icons. My calendar, sms and weather icons all stay the same no matter what theme I change to. I'd like to change them back to default.

Scratch that, I think I figured it out, but I do have another question. I changed themes, but the icon never changed the PHONE icon, but the theme has a different phone icon from the default one. How do I get it to change? And where is the stock theme located?
    Last edited by Boner Soup; 04-07-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Where did you change them at last time?

~Tim

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tjb5099 View Post
    Where did you change them at last time?

~Tim

I figured out the weather icon and clock icon, as I had changed the main icons in "klear weather" and "live clock", but I cant seem to locate the stock icons or the stock theme.

Well Im getting pissed. I went and changed the clock icon back to default in the LiveClock folder, but its a no-go. Its still staying the same icon I had changed it to months ago. Besides the icons folder, is there another location for the icons to be? Im sure I changed it somewhere that Im not remembering.

No more help is needed for this problem. Somehow while deleting a theme in iPhone Browser, my WHOLE THEME FOLDER was deleted. That solved my problem, but now I have to re-download everything.
    Last edited by Boner Soup; 04-07-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Glad to hear that you have worked out the problem.

~Tim