Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't get rid of reflective dock... after restoring to 3.1.2

Default Can't get rid of reflective dock... after restoring to 3.1.2
    I was recently forced to restore my phone, after it started restarting as I unlocked it. Oddly, once I restored it, many things stayed, such as my PogoPlank settings, my Cydia Store login information, and the reflective dock. When I started themeing it, I realized I could not get rid of the reflective dock, even after re-downloading the package, reinstalling it, and uninstalling it. When i first restored it, downloading things like SBsettings, infinidock, and pogoplank wouldnt work unless I re-downloaded them via Rock, so something here is obviously F'd up. Any help would be appreciated into fixing this!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Stupid question:

After you reinstalled reflective doc, did you try going into you iPhone settings area, going into the Reflective doc option and turning it all off?
    If that works, then you can uninstall it and you should be ok.

Yeah I went in after installing it and disabled the reflections, nothing happened, it didn't even automatically respring. I also just tried uninstalling it, it's still there :-\.

Thanks

another stupid question. are you sure the reflection is not part of the doc and that theme?

Yes, even with Winterboard disabled it still reflects.

Default Remove reflective dock!!!
    I'm stuck with the dumb reflective dock. It would be helpful to inform us where we can find the file and manually remove it. It is interfering with the functionality of my Infinidock, which is infinitely better.

Interestingly enough, my infiniboard is working fine with the reflective dock. Also, another thing I noticed, my reflective dock stays, even in safe mode.

idk if this will work or not but i tryied this with something else on ifile to delete it but if you can get ifile and search reflective dock or something maybe you can delete it from there cause i had to delete something from cydia that wouldnt uninstall and it was uninstalled from there.

Oh yea.. Tried to find it in iFile, searched downloaded package by package in both Cydia and Rock, then folder by folder in Cyberduck before i gave up. I also tried re-installing Infinidock, to no avail. I found and installed ReflectiveDock ITA (Italian), and watched where it went, followed its path and deleted it. Still, no help. The simplistic orange switch in Settings as the only switch you see in the first list still is "infinitely" there.

Thanks

Yeah that's bad. if you delete the source, package and all its contents from iFile and it still wont remove... Perhaps its a cache issue. I would google iphone cache and see what you come up with.

sorry bud.

I'm going to try that in a bit, does anyone know who made the reflective dock? He must have some insight into this, since it doesn't seem to be an isolated problem. I'm wondering if this is a tweek to something in the regular firmware, kind of like how the numerical battery can be activated on the 2g and 3g iPhones, and will carry over into iTunes and onto another fresh OS installation.

Yes I agree with Masterz.. iGarza, no sorries.. we are happy to experiment with stuff people like you create!

I had this exact problem. Don't know what it is but the only way I got it fixed was restoring it completely (not from a backup)

Hmm sorry for asking a stupid question but how do I "google" with iFile and search for filenames in my iPhone? My iFile is simple, and I tried advanced search inside iFile app settings, but only can search the /x list I've navigated to, not the entire iPhone system. (went into register, and saw i'm registered but can't "buy license" from Cydia.. get an error msg?).. anyway I used my laptop, opened Safari and tried to "google", but what do you mean?

Thanks

sorry Buckstar - When i say "google" i meant to go to Google and do a search for "clear your iphone cache" or "reflective dock issues".
    im sure you will find something.

cheers

This thread may help
    [ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=479727]How to remove Reflection on Dock? - Mac Forums[/ame]
    Last edited by iGarza; 03-16-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Try installing iwipe cache from cydia and running it.

YES. I did think about that.. Just used iWipe the first time, and still, Reflective Dock WINS over Infinidock. Please help: I want my Infinidock back. Been doing Cousteau-style dives into everything since day one, which was Jan 22 (not even 2 months). iGarza, Google was the first step taken, and posting here in Modmyi was my last step after trying everything. How do I get rid of Reflective Dock? There is no known solution? Go look see yourself, I did look high and low, left and right.

iWipe does nothing for me either. Infinidock keeps on working though for me Buckstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post
    I was recently forced to restore my phone, after it started restarting as I unlocked it. Oddly, once I restored it, many things stayed, such as my PogoPlank settings, my Cydia Store login information, and the reflective dock. When I started themeing it, I realized I could not get rid of the reflective dock, even after re-downloading the package, reinstalling it, and uninstalling it. When i first restored it, downloading things like SBsettings, infinidock, and pogoplank wouldnt work unless I re-downloaded them via Rock, so something here is obviously F'd up. Any help would be appreciated into fixing this!

Quote Originally Posted by iamlegend1 View Post
    I had the same problem since gt, my dock sat way too low and my wallpaper date sat really tight with the last row of my sb apps. Here are some things to look for (credit to dave from RD).

Make sure there is no /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ReflectiveDock.dylib file. Also, download and look at /User/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist and make sure there is a flag in there about the Dock. What you may be seeing is the built in reflection capabilities in 3.0.

My SBUseOldDock was set to "true", I set it to false, resprung, and my dock has sat perfect since than. Im on a 3gs, 3.1.2....

edit/
    I uninstalled/reinstalled RD, resprung just to be sure after I fixed my plist.
    this may do it

20. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

Masterz1337 (03-17-2010)

Worked perfect barsoverbeats! I never knew that folder existed, was quite surprised when I saw there was a record of every jailbroken app I had downloaded, even from the 2.x days. Guess Apple can see if you have been jailbreaking if they want to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast