+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modify Date/Time Color Different Clear/Solid Status Bar

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
To Finish my theme I would like to know how to change the status bar time/date to a different color... The catch is they need to be a different color
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Modify Date/Time Color Different Clear/Solid Status Bar
    To Finish my theme I would like to know how to change the status bar time/date to a different color...
    The catch is they need to be a different color on the clear bar vs the solid bar.
    The code <Key>TimeStyle</Key> in info.plist Changes both clear and solid.
    Since default clear color is White, and Solid is Black
    There must be a code that sets one of them seperately.
    Anyone know what it is? or the key name of each?

Examples:

Modify Date/Time Color Different Clear/Solid Status Bar-img_0433.png

Modify Date/Time Color Different Clear/Solid Status Bar-img_0434.png

iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Thanks

Well i dont know of a way to change each one individually, but i would suggest you get one that matches both. Maybe change status bar for the spring board to be light also so you can get a darker color that will work for both?

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    	<key>NavigationBarStyle</key>
    	<string>1</string>
    	<key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    	<string>/*font-family: monospace;*/ font-size: 11px; color: black</string>
    	<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    	<string>/*font-family: monospace;*/ font-size: 11px; color: black</string>
    	<key>TimeStyle</key>
    	<string>/*font-family: monospace;*/ font-size: 16px; color: black</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    the clock on status bar is the "TimeStyle"
    docked icon labels are names for docked apps, undocked is for the rest(if you wanted to change those to match the time)

Change where is says color: black and replace black with either a nother color name,rbg value, or hex color codes.

go HERE for hex codes for anycolor

After you are done editing it, save it as Info.plist and change the encoding at the bottom to UTF-8 then hit save.

Either drop it in your main theme's folder or make a new folder for the the plist file. Name the folder what ever you want to and ssh into your device and drop the folder into /var/stash/themes.xxxxxx then activate it in winterboard and respring ^^

*NOTE* If your theme already has an Info.plist file, replace the old one or delete the other plist file or deactivate the theme in winterboard. You never want 2 themes active in winterboard that will overlap each other.

EDIT: I did some searching around in my device via ssh, and couldnt find anything on this. What it actually might be is not 2 separate values(like white and black) but when you open apps/settings it just does a command that inverts the color.(and since you are using winterboard, and when you change a color it forces it to load this color so it wont invert it)
    Last edited by jbone1337; 02-08-2010 at 04:51 AM.
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks man, I totaly modified the info.plist if ya can tell by the docked and un docked text, and created my own theme. So you think its an invert huh...well that might be the case but still if it is an invert then if you just change the "invert when app open code" to "set color blue when app open code" then that would probably work as well. The only problem is -where is the code? where would something like that be hummm....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bmxace View Post
    thanks man, I totaly modified the info.plist if ya can tell by the docked and un docked text, and created my own theme. So you think its an invert huh...well that might be the case but still if it is an invert then if you just change the "invert when app open code" to "set color blue when app open code" then that would probably work as well. The only problem is -where is the code? where would something like that be hummm....

when i typed info.plist part i didnt fully read your post and had to go bad and edit it, but i thought i would leave it for someone who maybe didnt know lol

Anyway,
    Just figured out something today. Not the exact thing you are looking for, but will solve the problem.

Default_BG.png = the statusbar for in settings and ect places.
    FST_BG.png = Statusbar for lockscreen area.
    FSO_BG.png = status bar for springboard(alternative to making a statusbar.png).

put them in com.apple.springboard folder.

The 1st one is for what you need, but i thought i would post others for anyone else. Just make them all the same design so the same font works for them all ^^

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbone1337 View Post
    when i typed info.plist part i didnt fully read your post and had to go bad and edit it, but i thought i would leave it for someone who maybe didnt know lol

Anyway,
    Just figured out something today. Not the exact thing you are looking for, but will solve the problem.

Default_BG.png = the statusbar for in settings and ect places.
    FST_BG.png = Statusbar for lockscreen area.
    FSO_BG.png = status bar for springboard(alternative to making a statusbar.png).

put them in com.apple.springboard folder.

The 1st one is for what you need, but i thought i would post others for anyone else. Just make them all the same design so the same font works for them all ^^
    I'm know I could be nice and search for it for you, but I'm sure I saw a info.plist trick (setting) to make it always use the same status bar for everything too.

Mark

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by love2drive2fast View Post
    I'm know I could be nice and search for it for you, but I'm sure I saw a info.plist trick (setting) to make it always use the same status bar for everything too.

Mark
    hmm, does it copy the statusbar.png and place it in others or just set the color of them? And does it have to put it to all or is there <key> for each one? (i dont like having a lockscreen statusbar).

because with .png files you dont have just straight colors, you can have shades,patterns,textures ect.

But it works with making png files in the com.apple.springboard folder. I dont really feel like searching it either lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys is it possible to hide the status bar clock just on sprinngboard but have it displayed while apps are opened?? any help would be highly appreciated.

Update: Its Ok, i found out a way to do it, jus make sure you have your status bar and staus bar clock in black color, to get this goto cydia u can download these from there.
    Last edited by zilverhawk; 03-08-2010 at 11:09 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do i keep the status bar clock and everything else the same color