+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Status Bar Clock Help

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi all...I'm trying to hide the status bar clock. Now let me elaborate before everyone starts screaming MIM... The iPhone calls on several different status bars; lockscreen, home screen, safari,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Status Bar Clock Help
    Hi all...I'm trying to hide the status bar clock. Now let me elaborate before everyone starts screaming MIM...

The iPhone calls on several different status bars; lockscreen, home screen, safari, and within apps. When on the home page, it uses a white font for the clock, and then a black font for apps, and safari.

see images below for example:

Now here is my goal, I want to hide the clock or make the font transparent for the home screen and lock screen, as I have a widget for the home screen and lockinfo on the lock screen, and both already have clocks. BUT I want to keep the clock in the status bar, for when I open apps or I am in Safari.

What I have been able to do is add the key TimeStyle to the main info.plist, but this overrides all colors for all status bars. Another option would to be say create an all black status bar for the home screen/lockscreen, and the change the font color to black...but that kind of kills my theme, as I am using a blank status bar, and have one built into my overlay...

So, anyone have any ideas? lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me Splitroaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Try putting transparent as the colour soz just reread your prob lol and I dont think it is possible to have it off on your home screen an on when you run an app
    Last edited by Splitroaster; 01-17-2010 at 11:58 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    In Cydia, search for and install "No Clock". Not sure if it works for the lockscreen as I have "Lockscreen Clock Hide" installed as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thac View Post
    In Cydia, search for and install "No Clock". Not sure if it works for the lockscreen as I have "Lockscreen Clock Hide" installed as well.
    No Clock worked like a charm!

Thanks!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope someone can help me, and this seems like the right thread. I made a custom status bar that I want to force on the lockscreen, home screen, and Safari. I have already replaced the 3 status bar files so mine shows up on all screens. The problem is that the AT&T logo (not custom) and the time and battery percentage text all show up black. I want all screens to show all status bar text (clock, battery percentage, and AT&T logo) in white. I tried adding the key TimeStyle to the main Info.plist in the root of my theme, but I never get any change.

Please help me out of my misery and help me out. I have an iPhone 4 running 4.1 if that helps.

Thanks so much...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thac View Post
    No Clock doesnt work on the4.2.1fw

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LOAD error View Post
    No Clock doesnt work on the4.2.1fw
    [RELEASE] Status Bar Time Removed - iOS 4.2.1