Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Carrier icons

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Custom Carrier icons
    Hey everybody,

I am having an annoying problem whilst installing my custom carrier icon which I need some advice about. I downloaded the pimpin carrier from the downloads section, deleted my original o2carriers, ssh'd the pimpin carrier into my iphone, and it all starts up fine and works.

My annoying problem is that I now have 2 sets of signal bars! One set from the original o2 thing and the new pimpin icon. It is making my status bar at the top look really crowded.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to get rid of one of these signal bars, I am pulling my hair out! I have attached a pic.

Happy new year all!
    Take care

Danny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png  

Thanks

i would suggest going into ssh or iPhone Browser and renaming the originals to .bak and respring. this will make the iPhone not find them or display them. they can be found in /system/libary/coreservices/springboard.app
    the images start with "Default" i believe there are two colors.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iGarza For This Useful Post:

stroodle (01-04-2010)

Thanks

Thanks alot bud, worked like a charm.

Take care
    Danny

I have to ask as it seems unclear everywhere else, is it possibl to insert these carrier ions on the ipod touch 1st gen? Thanks :P

Thanks

you should be able to. after all they are pretty much the same unit. the images may be stored in a different location.

i will give it a go, will post back here wether it works or not :P

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

for and ipod touch it's in the same location it's called soemthing else though like Default_IPOD_CARRIER.png or soemthing like that

right i have had a look but dont have tinme to test it so if you can with your custom one please get back to me :P.

Ok if you make a folder called whatever you want (this will be the title name in winterboard) maybe put .theme at the end? try both :P

then in ther make: Bundles > com.apple.ATT_US & com.apple.springboard

Inside com.apple.ATT_US:
    call the images,
    Default_CARRIER_ATT.png
    &
    FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png

Inside com.apple.springboard
    call the images,
    DEFUALT_CARRIER_IPOD.png
    &
    FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png

all the images for each file appear to be the same :P
    if someone can test them out on ipod and iphone htat would be great, thanks ^^

ok turns out i had time after all xD on ipod touch within com.apple.springboard iput in "Defualt_CARRIER_IPOD.png" and "FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png" and the iphone att ones seem to have apeard out of nowhere :P of course i jsut added it it stright to my custom theme so im not sure how it will work if you shoose to do it as a seperate winterboard title, anyway the it works for ipod touch jsut if you wanted to now, and im very happy with th WoW carrier logo i jsut downloaded form this site :P hope you followed
    Last edited by zygersaf; 01-07-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zygersaf View Post
    right i have had a look but dont have tinme to test it so if you can with your custom one please get back to me :P.

Ok if you make a folder called whatever you want (this will be the title name in winterboard) maybe put .theme at the end? try both :P

then in ther make: Bundles > com.apple.ATT_US & com.apple.springboard

Inside com.apple.ATT_US:
    call the images,
    Default_CARRIER_ATT.png
    &
    FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png

Inside com.apple.springboard
    call the images,
    DEFUALT_CARRIER_IPOD.png
    &
    FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png

all the images for each file appear to be the same :P
    if someone can test them out on ipod and iphone htat would be great, thanks ^^

ok turns out i had time after all xD on ipod touch within com.apple.springboard iput in "Defualt_CARRIER_IPOD.png" and "FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png" and the iphone att ones seem to have apeard out of nowhere :P of course i jsut added it it stright to my custom theme so im not sure how it will work if you shoose to do it as a seperate winterboard title, anyway the it works for ipod touch jsut if you wanted to now, and im very happy with th WoW carrier logo i jsut downloaded form this site :P hope you followed
    to make it it's own theme in winterboard just make a new folder call it WowCarrier or something like that there is no need for the .theme in there put Bundles and in there com.apple.springboard in there you place the Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png and FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png that will only work for ipod if you are on att in the us you will need the other folders you said