Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App or Script to Clear Springboard Icon Cache?

Default App or Script to Clear Springboard Icon Cache?
    I'm looking for a way to delete/clear the springboard icon cache to fix the good ol AppIconOverlay, AppIconMask.png, AppIconShadow.png problem.

I know you can just ssh in or use iFile and delete the files myself, but I would love to be able to do it without this. I was thinking just an icon or a script that runs and then resprings.

Any suggestions?

Smile Ssh
    I have the problem with the icons, and you said you know how to get into the icon cache via SSH. Can you please give me the directory, because no one else will. I have WinSCP, if that matters.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

this is old, but yes they do have that...it's called like iWipeCache or Something and its new but i bet nickhesson knows about it cause I think somebody did a writeup about it.....
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncousin2 View Post
    I have the problem with the icons, and you said you know how to get into the icon cache via SSH. Can you please give me the directory, because no one else will. I have WinSCP, if that matters.

you could download iWipe it automatically does it.

I think its better to do it yourself. I mean you will waste memory/battery life to be lazy and not take 5sec to delete the cache every time you get a new theme?

And i tried to look for it on ifunbox(usb ssh) but i couldnt see the folder from there(im on windows). So im not sure if you can do it from sshing from your computer. I did it in iFile.

But the directory is: var/mobile/Library/Caches
    SpringBoardIconCache & SpringBoardIconCache-small are the folders you need to delete
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

you can do it manually...it's there.....I did it that way before I even knew about iFile (maybe before it had been released?) but like I said I'm pretty sure nick knows how...this post was 2 months ago...
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

hehe whoa, this is definitely old. Yeah, I got tired of waiting for a solution so I collaborated with some developers and we created iWipe Cache. Hope everyone enjoys it.

I first tried to delete cache manually and then downloaded iWipe cache and my icons are still stuck on the default. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

iWipe cache keeps causing my device to respring, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by drjailbreak View Post
    iWipe cache keeps causing my device to respring, any suggestions?
    That is exactly what it is suppose to do. It deletes chache, and then resprings the device

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    That is exactly what it is suppose to do. It deletes chache, and then resprings the device
    Oh so it does not actually open up lol? ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boognishmofo View Post
    I first tried to delete cache manually and then downloaded iWipe cache and my icons are still stuck on the default. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    +1

iwipe cache doesn't work for me either.

I'm using iPhone 4 on 4.0.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I guess it's because the cache directory changed.AFAI see it's now
    Code:
    /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache
    Delete all files inside this folder and respring.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to x5c0d3 For This Useful Post:

Mr G (02-14-2011)

Hi,
    I try to replace AppIconMask.png, AppIconShadow.png and AppIconOverlay.png manually, without using WB. (iOS 3.1.3)
    I managed to extract others.artwork file, unpack it with iPhoneShop. Then I replaced original above files with modified ones (from Matte Nano theme), packed artwork file again, and replace the original one with mine modified. I did clear icons cache (deleted all files from var/library/caches/springboardiconcache). Unfortunatly after reboot and respring icons totally messed up (they changed size like they should, but there are messed colours
    What did I wrong?
    Last edited by kinetiq; 03-22-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Great with this article. Moreover, here is another way to clear cache files, cookies, temp files and more on your iPhone

iPhone Cleaner : Remove Junk Files to Make iPhone Run Faster - YouTube

Moreover, here is another way to clear cache files, cookies, temp files and more on your iPhone.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ILHNHJvJkA