Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: changing glasklart icons

Default changing glasklart icons
    so ive downloaded the Glasklart theme, and a few of my apps have the stock apple icon (probably because they're newish) but anyways, ive read up on how to change the icon, and i follow the directions to the T, put the .png in the private/var/stash/themes.XXXXXX/Glasklart Icons.theme/Icons but all to no avail, what could i possibly be doing wrong, and is there something im missing? Thanks in advance!

-Ryan

Please tell me you respring the phone after installing the icons.

i reboot the phone, that would be sufficient, correct?

specifically the icons i need to change are AP Mobile, **********, PS Mobile and some others

Then make sure you are renaming the icons correctly, that's the only other reason they are not showing. Also, make sure Glaskart is the topmost theme in Winterboard. See if that checks.

well, when im in the themes folder, there wasn't a dictation icon, so i found one on here, and SSH'd it into the proper spot as Dictation.png. but still nothing. i wonder what could be wrong

Go to Winterboard and make sure that the theme you are modding, in this case Glaskart, is at the top of the list and respring, no need to reboot. I am using a modded Dictation.png icon without a problem. Make sure your Dictation.png does not have that dot after the png. Read your post. Check that too.

what root folder did you replace the icon in, because originally, Dictation isn't in Glasklart's icon folder. When i put it there, nothing happens. I was able to do AP Mobile and PS Mobile, because i just changed the names to the correct one (he already had the icons, just not named correctly)

Not the root folder but the folder where the Themes are. Make sure the icon is named correctly there. In your post, you typed Dictation.png. <IF you have that period after png it will not work. Check that. Just make sure your icons are named correctly.

yea, that . after png was just a period. i have it set correctly. it seems as if the only way i can get anything to work is overwrite the icons he included, which is alot, but not all. i cant seem to add new icons myself.

Hmm. The only other thing that comes to mind is that permissions have been compromised in that folder but that's beyond me how'd that happen. Sorry.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

ryntlbt (12-09-2009)

okay, so ive got all of them except one, dictation. im able to uplaod a different icon under dictation, so ive come to the conclusion the .png i was using was corrupt. can you by any chance upload the .png you used? macthemes seems to be down and i cant find it anywhere :/

really appreciate your help!

This is down and dirty to tide you over until one of the masters creates a proper one. Hope this works for you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to metaserph For This Useful Post:

ryntlbt (12-09-2009)

perfect! i really really really appreciate your help!

@metaserph

I followed your steps but pandora icon isn't changing.
    I checked in the Glasklart icon and I see pandora with It's icon but somehow it doesn't change?