Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!

Default Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!
    Ok guys i have figured out a way to get themed keyboards on iPhone and I'm guessing iPod with OS 3.0. I tested it on an iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.0.

Here's a quick how to.

1. Open Cydia
    2. Go to sections
    3. download the iAcces Repo
    4. Install iAcces OS3 from the newly added repo.
    5. Install and Reboot phone
    6. You now have the chinese iAcess keyboard whenever you press the "globe" icon on the keyboard, it switches from your default to the chinese.

SSH into the phone to /Applications and copy the iAcces.app to your desktop. Go into the images folder and open the keyboard type you want to edit and replace it with an image of a themed keyboard from another theme or whatever. SSH the modified files back into the phone.

Reboot and respring your phone.

Open iAcces from the iPhone springboard and go into ALL options and turn everything to OFF. Go into all the arrows you see and turn everything to off.. Go back to the FIRST iAcess screen and leave only the very first option set to ON (which is the keyboard itself).

Reboot and you now have themed keyboard on OS 3.0

I went into the phone settings, and turned off the stock english keyboard and only left the emoji keyboard, so now the themed keyboard is my stock one, and the globe icon switches me to the emoji.

This is a great alternative while winterboard gets updated so that you can theme your own keyboard/dictionary.

This is not a themed keyboard but a whole new keyboard so it has no dictionary (auto correct).

I won't be giving much support for this i have no time, if anyone wants to follow up on it you may do so..

I give credit to iAcces for making the keyboard and credit for figuring out that you can mod keyboards this way goes to me.

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to bandit_kaine For This Useful Post:

3G S (08-15-2009), 8iSputnik (11-11-2009), aethyreal (11-19-2009), barsoverbeats (07-22-2009), blandv (07-29-2009), Borigol (08-14-2009), FFLEMMING (08-23-2009), Freerunnering (11-20-2009), glowell (10-14-2009), k.nitsua (12-02-2009), Krak4211 (08-17-2009), Lilalaune (09-10-2009), love2drive2fast (12-29-2009), matthew1111 (11-05-2009), notovich (10-08-2009), oldskoolkid13 (08-09-2009), panthersboi4 (08-01-2009), ryanpeiris (08-18-2009), soto806 (07-29-2009), thangquynho4mat (02-04-2010), Titus74.at (10-29-2009), uncle_don (08-23-2009)

Thanks bandit....btw NICE KEYBOARD!!

Default Giving it a try
    OK so im game and going to try this out lol Anyone noticed that the iAcces file is 6MB i hope its worth it lol going to try with my favorites in the keyboard world - STORM and Chromium ill post back with results im following the above instructions FYI

Quote Originally Posted by ErikSocal View Post
    OK so im game and going to try this out lol Anyone noticed that the iAcces file is 6MB i hope its worth it lol going to try with my favorites in the keyboard m- STORM and Chromium ill post back with results im following the above instructions FYI
    Hey let me know if there's any step i should change or modify to make it easier for people.

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    Thanks bandit....btw NICE KEYBOARD!!
    Of course.. you made it

By the way on my 3G with the PRO theme it's missing a keyboard any ETA on when you are going to release the UI images for it?
    Last edited by bandit_kaine; 07-22-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I can't afford to make it untill winterboard is updated because it takes way too long to make all of the uiimages and respring in between WITH winterboard. Does this method utilize ALL of my uiimages or just a handful?

ok maybe im not seeing it....but when i copy the app out to my desktop then go into the keyboard theme i want to use vs what iAccess labels thier image files as there is no match so im guessing i need to rename all of the images to match what they have? or am i missing something here??

Thanks

Incredible find bandit! Winterboard will not be updated ANYTIME soon. Matter of fact I dont think it ever will. So this is great! Thanks and cant wait to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikSocal View Post
    ok maybe im not seeing it....but when i copy the app out to my desktop then go into the keyboard theme i want to use vs what iAccess labels thier image files as there is no match so im guessing i need to rename all of the images to match what they have? or am i missing something here??
    Yes, the names are different.. you need to look at the keyboard, and see which one matches from the UI images you have.. don't rename the file and copy it over..

Open the original image, and paste the image from the themed keyboard over it.

And Rob it uses all and i believe MORE images then the UI themes from winterboard.. i themed the complete keyboard with all your UI images and still had some stock images left which i don't know what they're for..

heres the iAcces.app folder for download, you can dissect all the images if you want MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Quote Originally Posted by stillbrad View Post
    Incredible find bandit! Winterboard will not be updated ANYTIME soon. Matter of fact I dont think it ever will. So this is great! Thanks and cant wait to try it.
    i hope you're wrong This may theme the keyboard but it leaves you with no dictionary, so no auto correct.. and i kind of miss that due to my sloppy tying LOL.
    Last edited by bandit_kaine; 07-22-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

do you have a number of the files you edited?
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

Quote Originally Posted by soto806 View Post
    do you have a number of the files you edited?
    What do you mean a number? how many files? I just edited a few, 1 for the keyboard ABC, 1 for 123, and like 3 or 4 for the accented pop ups when you press a key.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bandit_kaine View Post
    What do you mean a number? how many files? I just edited a few, 1 for the keyboard ABC, 1 for 123, and like 3 or 4 for the accented pop ups when you press a key.
    yeah, that's what i ment to say. thanks

AHH! I want to try this, can someone please do the modifications needed for the neo keys dark [WhiteSpace] keyboard theme and upload them up here.

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by feelinggetsold View Post
    AHH! I want to try this, can someone please do the modifications needed for the neo keys dark [WhiteSpace] keyboard theme and upload them up here.

thanks in advance
    You will still have to install iAcces OS3 from cydia, then replace the /applications/iAcces.app with whatever someone uploads here.

I can try and rig one up for you tomorrow if i got time, if not the weekend.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Nice find!

Thanks

i have run into a problem , when i finished installing it from cydia, it tell me it can't unload com.iacces.plist and some other problems.then i do what you told me to but nothing happens, and everything turns back on. please take a look at the attached image. i am on an iPod Touch 2G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0139.png  
    Last edited by soto806; 07-22-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: added details

Quote Originally Posted by soto806 View Post
    i have run into a problem , when i finished installing it from cydia, it tell me it can't unload com.iacces.plist and some other problems. please take a look at the attached image. i am on an iPod Touch 2G
    Might be due to not working on ipod touch.

Did you install the right one? iAccess OS3? See if it installed in your springboard.. Try to reinstall, i installed on 2 iphone 3gs and didn't get any errors.

Thanks

Might be due to not working on ipod touch.

Did you install the right one? iAccess OS3? See if it installed in your springboard.. Try to reinstall, i installed on 2 iphone 3gs and didn't get any errors.
    I think it is because i'm on an iPod Touch. I'll try that.

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

Hell yeahhhhh!!!!!!! Great job!

You will still have to install iAcces OS3 from cydia, then replace the /applications/iAcces.app with whatever someone uploads here.

I can try and rig one up for you tomorrow if i got time, if not the weekend.
    I can totally handle that, i just don't know what to rename and such. any help would be appreciated!

Is there a way to replace the keyboard and keep all the autocorrect settings?

Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast