Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!

Default I upgraded iAccess 3.1 30.4.3 to 30.4.4!!!
    Help I had keyboards working for a couple months! I upgraded iAccess to version 30.4.4 and now I have no keyboards the app opens then closes! I can't do anything! if you want to keep keyboard themes working then don't upgrade! I'm a idiot please help! Alright I found the fix! You must "REBOOT" your iPhone after upgrading iAccess!! Then SSH your iPhone and replce the iAccess keyboard with your custom keyboard! Back to normal!! Also for those using iAccess keyboard trick if you leave the english keyboard on you can cycle thru the keyboards with the world icon from your custom keyboard back to your custom keyboard and you should have "AUTO CAPS" when you start a new sentence! Hope that made sense! For "AUTO CORRECTION" download "Inspell" from cydia its a spell check app with a editable "AUTO CORRECTION" feature! You can add and take away words from this feature! It's $4 but well worth I've add 40 auto correct words to it and they all work great! Hit the thanks if this helped you!
    Last edited by Krak4211; 10-04-2009 at 12:52 PM.

I can confirm that this update breaks keyboard themes. The app seems to check whether it was purchased. So I assume that purchased apps will continue to work, but the previous trial versions are now expired.

Update: I have now gone through some motions to see what's going on. This is what I did:

1. Updated iAcces to 3.0.44 - After updating, the Reload Springboard screen in Cydia remained for at least 10 min - So I force quit (hold home and power button until the screen went black. Tested keyboard on Spotlight screen and got the stock keyboard.

2. Reboot

3. Open iAcces and set all toggle switches to OFF except the very first one. Exit iAcces. Still no themed keyboard. Reopened iAcces and found that all switches were still ON.

4. Back to Cydia and uninstalled iAcces - Reboot - Back to Cydia and fresh install of iAcces 3.0.44

5. Reboot

6. Set switches in iAcces to OFF - Finally the keyboard theme is back (switches still don't work, since they are all ON).

So the bottom line is that iAcces 3.0.44 still works, but I don't know for how long. I would still suggest to not update, since there is absolutely nothing new I can see with this version. If you have never installed iAccess, but want to use keyboard skins, you may try iAcces, but be prepared for a rocky activation process.
    Last edited by armadillo; 10-04-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Come visit AlohaSoft

I think I should tell the world I designed a blackberry storm keyboard, all inclusive, for the 3.0 OS.

I threw my own twist in there, and it turned out amazing.

I am a graphic designer of over 10 years.

Thanks

give us a link please to see your handywork
    Last edited by avenger; 10-06-2009 at 06:11 AM.

is there anyway that someone that has already done some of the editing of the image can post their link and then we can ssh it into iphone after doing some of the other steps?

Default How to upgrade iAccess from 30.4.3 to 30.4.4!
    OK I have upgraded iAccess on 3 different iPhone's and there is a hack you have to do! Before you upgrade!
    1. Save your "images" folder from iAccess! If you have "iFile" installed on your iPhone you can go into ifile and goto var/stash/applications/iAccess there you will find your "images" file! Copy it and paste it in var/stash/themes!

2.Go into Cydia upgrade iAccess! Reboot your iPhone after upgarding!

3.Go into "iFile" to var/stash/applications/iAccess open iAccess there should be a document called "acode.dat" click on it and view file with "text viewer"! The document should read "not paid 0987654321" push edit and delete the "not" part of the text it should now read "paid 0987654321" then save!

4.Reboot iPhone!

5.Go back into "iFile" var/stash/themes find the "images" folder you copy and pasted earlier! Copy it! Now goto var/stash/applications/iAccess click on iAccess and paste the "images" file! iFile will ask if you want to overwrite! Click overwrite all! Reboot iPhone and your done!
    You can do all this with SSH! This is how you can do it without a CPU!

Quote Originally Posted by marvin378 View Post
    Here by request! Storm378

storm378.zip
    Screeny?

Default help
    I have gotten the custom keyboard to work but my problem is that after install my status bar will disappear on the home screen and the only way to get it back it is lock then unlock my phone. This usally happens when typing on the keyboard in an app then going back to the home screen any ideas?

Can someone please make me a royal blue or navy blue themed keyboard like the black one thats on the first page? I really will apprecitate it.

Default Dont use that version of storm above
    it's obvious he is an amateur graphic designer (he might be good one day, but that is still down the road...);

the version he made SUCKS. Also, he forgot some things, and it is NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL.

I took a look, and the FONTS ARE INCORRECT and DO NOT MESH.

IF YOU PUT IT ON YOUR PHONE, YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES WITH TYPING, AND IT WILL LOOK GHETTO-RIGGED (because it is - it is definitely not professional work).

I haven't had the time, but I will make a video to put up on youtube really soon showing my professionally custom-designed blackberry storm keyboard for the iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerNumberX View Post
    it's obvious he is an amateur graphic designer (he might be good one day, but that is still down the road...);

the version he made SUCKS. Also, he forgot some things, and it is NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL.

I took a look, and the FONTS ARE INCORRECT and DO NOT MESH.

IF YOU PUT IT ON YOUR PHONE, YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES WITH TYPING, AND IT WILL LOOK GHETTO-RIGGED (because it is - it is definitely not professional work).

I haven't had the time, but I will make a video to put up on youtube really soon showing my professionally custom-designed blackberry storm keyboard for the iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS.
    Hello,

It is so easy to blame one work but first is better to read all about this.
    It is hard to make proffesional work when you modd iAcces file and there is no winterboard support for keyboard.
    Meybe you will try to change some past keyboard to work with iFile and you will see that is a lot do do.

After this if somebody needs i make modd file for MacBook Air.

So :

1. Download iAcces from repo and restart.
    2. Turn off all options in open app unless first options ( it iAccess keyboard himself).
    3. Download my modded files below :
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    4. SSH on device and go to Applications/iAcces.app/Images
    5. Overwrite my files on iAcces.app
    6. Respring...and that is..

Tnx,
    Nicos
    Last edited by vectranos; 10-21-2009 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vectranos View Post
    Hello,

It is so easy to blame one work but first is better to read all about this.
    It is hard to make proffesional work when you modd iAcces file and there is no winterboard support for keyboard.
    Meybe you will try to change some past keyboard to work with iFile and you will see that is a lot do do.
    Try not to listen to anyone who has problems spelling and who does not have the education to use proper grammar - their work is probably equivalent (really bad or with lots of errors), and could cause system errors to your iPhone - if you do use these people's stuff and your iPhone starts being slow or crashes incessantly, then I will be sure to say "I told you so".

This person was right about one thing: IT IS DIFFICULT to mod your iPhone and hack the iPhone, WITHOUT CAUSING PROBLEMS.
    This is why it is best to leave to iPhone hacking to the professional, or at least someone who really knows what they are doing and has a lot of experience in that particular arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Krak4211 View Post
    OK I have upgraded iAccess on 3 different iPhone's and there is a hack you have to do! Before you upgrade!
    1. Save your "images" folder from iAccess! If you have "iFile" installed on your iPhone you can go into ifile and goto var/stash/applications/iAccess there you will find your "images" file! Copy it and paste it in var/stash/themes!

2.Go into Cydia upgrade iAccess! Reboot your iPhone after upgarding!

3.Go into "iFile" to var/stash/applications/iAccess open iAccess there should be a document called "acode.dat" click on it and view file with "text viewer"! The document should read "not paid 0987654321" push edit and delete the "not" part of the text it should now read "paid 0987654321" then save!

4.Reboot iPhone!

5.Go back into "iFile" var/stash/themes find the "images" folder you copy and pasted earlier! Copy it! Now goto var/stash/applications/iAccess click on iAccess and paste the "images" file! iFile will ask if you want to overwrite! Click overwrite all! Reboot iPhone and your done!
    You can do all this with SSH! This is how you can do it without a CPU!

DON'T DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be really easy to mess something up if you haven't had extensive experience hacking the iPhone!!!

PLUS, these ridiculous instructions are ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY!

DO THIS, IT IS MUCH BETTER AND MUCH EASIER!

• Go to Cydia
    • Click Modify
    • Click Uninstall
    • Respring iPhone
    • Go back to Cydia
    • Re-download iAccess

This will avoid any problems that could happen when you mess around with all the files on your iPhone.
    Last edited by KillerNumberX; 10-21-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm definitely not going to get in the middle of this cause I believe it is quite stupid, but I will please kindly ask KillerNumberX to remember that this is the worldwide web so the user vectranos may have english as his/her second language, and that I know that I and many others use abbreviations and purposely spell things wrong for time's sake, and I know I definitely don't use spellcheck while I'm on forums. Remember these things before you diss. Thanks!
    O and I believe constructive criticism works better than insults, so maybe "how can I fix your keyboard so it works" instead of "you suck"
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wannabprogramma For This Useful Post:

nicofiend (10-24-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by wannabprogramma View Post
    I'm definitely not going to get in the middle of this cause I believe it is quite stupid, but I will please kindly ask KillerNumberX to remember that this is the worldwide web so the user vectranos may have english as his/her second language, and that I know that I and many others use abbreviations and purposely spell things wrong for time's sake, and I know I definitely don't use spellcheck while I'm on forums. Remember these things before you diss. Thanks!
    O and I believe constructive criticism works better than insults, so maybe "how can I fix your keyboard so it works" instead of "you suck"
    Dude what's wrong with you. I was NOT CRITICIZING. I was WARNING other people, that the THEME SUCKS.

And you're wrong about second language. How can someone write a program in English when they can't even SPELL in english, nevermind have the ability to use proper grammar?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerNumberX View Post
    Try not to listen to anyone who has problems spelling and who does not have the education to use proper grammar - their work is probably equivalent (really bad or with lots of errors), and could cause system errors to your iPhone - if you do use these people's stuff and your iPhone starts being slow or crashes incessantly, then I will be sure to say "I told you so".

This will avoid any problems that could happen when you mess around with all the files on your iPhone.[/B]
    Hello,

Sorry for my bad english but you can see that i am not english or american people ...so i dont know grammar so well.
    I dont know what you do ( what is your studies or skills) but to compare grammar with photoshop it is very smart thing.

Thanks
    Nicos
    Last edited by vectranos; 10-22-2009 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vectranos View Post
    Hello,

Sorry for my bad english but you can see that i am not english or american people ...so i dont know grammar so well.
    I dont know what do you do but to compare grammar and photoshop it is very smart thing.

Thanks
    Nicos
    I'm sorry but I can't understand what you're talking about.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

Default :)
    I was talking to KillerNumberX, but if bimmermd is killernumberx, then i will point out a couple things:
    1) I was right about the user not being american (you must be/have been a very sheltered child to not know that many non-americans have to use our language on the internet because much of the web being predominately Americans)
    2) I mentioned that you were criticizing, and you said that you weren't then you said "I was NOT CRITICIZING. I was WARNING other people, that the THEME SUCKS." and by saying THE THEME SUCKED you criticized
    3) You, also, must be horrible at using the english language if you couldn't understand that vectranos was saying that you are stupid for comparing his use of the english language to his photoshop skills- if you speak english you could have figured out what he was saying
    GREAT job
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

has anyone found out how to get rid of the black text pop up thing when your trying to type? i got rid of the pop up square but not the black text. currently im using "mrpunk2u" & "soundforge" storm keyboard. i just need for that annoying text to go away and to edit the globe icon on each keyboard and ill try to post up a zip. paint is a pain in the *** lol

thanks everyone for the input so far

Default Issues
    a Lot of these themes are nice, i got it working no problem thanks to the collective advice of most people here.
    But one issue remains whats a problem in all themes posted here.

While using the modded keyboard, hitting the "123" to get to the numbers, Then hitting "#+-" key to get extra symbols such as "> < [ ]" there is no keyboard art for that (i looked) Is this a known issue? or is everyone missing this?

please let me know if you have an answer, i would love to have a fully functional keyboard if all possible (besides stock) lol

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast