+ Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
has anyone run into a problem after installing iAccess? i was able to get the folder off the phone but when i ssh back i turned off my phone and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

has anyone run into a problem after installing iAccess? i was able to get the folder off the phone but when i ssh back i turned off my phone and it wont boot back up now. I have to restore now

it stands for Secure Shell its a networking protocol

i got it to wrk but not in SMS?
    Last edited by ttakethereinsr; 08-03-2009 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what does Iacces do exactly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Bandit
    I would love to get my keyboard like the one above has anyone got the images?
    I would appreciate it if some one would upload them
    Thanks all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, so here is my problem : for some tine now i am trying to find where exactly are the UIImages for the default iphone keyboard, but no luck. I came across some post saying that they are in Other.Arwork file, ok so far so good but no one sayd where this file is.
    I was thinking of replacing the original png files from the default keyboard with the ones from MacBook Air Keyboard, because in theory it should work just fine and i should have the desired keyboard. I don't have to repeat that winterboard does not yet work with keyboard themes in general and among them is this one. Some information would be apreciated even if it's a bit more complex (meaning if i have to open some folder with some program and edit text and lines with the necesary new files) i think i can handel it.
    So far i have a custom (by custom i mean i wrote something alse in stead of the default writing) slide to unlock, slide to answer, slide to power off and the slider for alarm, so i think i know a bit about what i have to do although it's rather easy to custom these sliders.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3.0 Keyboard
    Seems to be working but of course have lots of work to do. One thing I can't figure out is when I'm on the themed (iAccess) keyboard and I hit the 123 button to bring up the numbered keyboard there are two different characters on each button. The number 1 key for instance has a 1 and in light gray the [ symbol. Can't figure out how to select the [ rather than 1 when you press that key. The english keyboard brings up another button when you select the number key that lets you switch to another keyboard with the other symbols.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!-photo.jpg   Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!-photo2.jpg  
    Last edited by phatboyfromla; 08-05-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phatboyfromla View Post
    Seems to be working but of course have lots of work to do. One thing I can't figure out is when I'm on the themed (iAccess) keyboard and I hit the 123 button to bring up the numbered keyboard there are two different characters on each button. The number 1 key for instance has a 1 and in light gray the [ symbol. Can't figure out how to select the [ rather than 1 when you press that key. The english keyboard brings up another button when you select the number key that lets you switch to another keyboard with the other symbols.
    to type the [ symbol, when you tap the number 1 you have to slightly move your finger up or down
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soto806 View Post
    to type the [ symbol, when you tap the number 1 you have to slightly move your finger up or down
    Yep that was it. Man I didn't think they would have made it that way but it works. Thanks.

Thanks

Yep that was it. Man I didn't think they would have made it that way but it works. Thanks.
    no problem
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ttakethereinsr View Post
    has anyone run into a problem after installing iAccess? i was able to get the folder off the phone but when i ssh back i turned off my phone and it wont boot back up now. I have to restore now

it stands for Secure Shell its a networking protocol

i got it to wrk but not in SMS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daciple View Post
    iaccess just crashes constantly, it even killed my cyida. Good job on the work around but this app just pwns my iPhone. Beware, I almost had to restore to fix it. Took about 5 hrs of messing w my phone to get cydia back up!!!!!!
    Not sure but it almost pwnd my 3gs and after fixing it I tried on my 2g 3.0 to see if it would work n it constanly crashes when trying to start it...

Ima just leave it be n wait till winterboard gets updated not worth the headache to me. But hey if it works for u awesome!!!
    Actually I hadn't even started messin w iaccess at all n the app itself crashed about 5 times b4 it opened. I then ssh n changed only 4 files all .png files rebooted had the keyboard looking ok. So I tried to open iaccess to turn off the other kybrds as the post said n it's kept crashing.

I tried to pull up cydia to delete n reinstall iaccess n it kept crashing and after about 5 hrs a bunch of ssh mobile terminal and rejailbreaking(no restoring thank god) I was finally able to delete iaccess and get cydia up n running.

Also I just str8 up installed iaccess on my 2g 3.0 no ssh or any alterations and it just repeatedly crashed. So I quickly deleted it b4 it pwnd cydia.

It's a hell of a find for those who don't run into problems but Ima just wait till winterboard gets updated for the kybrds. Don't wanna risk pwning cydia or my phone again.

No ur not the only one...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iAccess 3.0 Blue
    Not sure if anyone wants to use this but I made a simple blue theme for iAccess. When you click the smilie button it brings you to the alternate keyboard. From there once you click the ALT key then one of the icon buttons you get a list of items to choose from above the keyboard. Hit backspace if you want to select a different icon button. Hope that makes sense.

Also, I would rename and/or backup these original files before copying them over to the iAccess images folder just in case.

/var/stash/Applications/iAccess/images

or

/private/var/stash/Applications/iAccess/images

Added screen shot with a translation for some items. The item circled in red must be set to on for the "smilie" function to work. That page is found by clicking the Enabling Chinese Input and Configuration option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!-photo.jpg   Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!-photo-2.jpg   Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!-photo3.jpg   Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!-photo4.jpg   Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!-iaccesssettings1.jpg   Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!-iaccesssettings2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by phatboyfromla; 08-07-2009 at 07:51 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to phatboyfromla For This Useful Post:

thebigdog (08-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bandit_kaine View Post
    Hey let me know if there's any step i should change or modify to make it easier for people.

Of course.. you made it

By the way on my 3G with the PRO theme it's missing a keyboard any ETA on when you are going to release the UI images for it?
    can you make a vidoe

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Not sure if anyone wants to use this but I made a simple blue theme for iAccess. When you click the smilie button it brings you to the alternate keyboard. From there once you click the ALT key then one of the icon buttons you get a list of items to choose from above the keyboard. Hit backspace if you want to select a different icon button. Hope that makes sense.

Also, I would rename and/or backup these original files before copying them over to the iAccess images folder just in case.

/var/stash/Applications/iAccess/images

or

/private/var/stash/Applications/iAccess/images

Added screen shot with a translation for some items. The item circled in red must be set to on for the "smilie" function to work. That page is found by clicking the Enabling Chinese Input and Configuration option.

Any possibility of someone making this up in a greyscale/white?

I'm scared of mucking things up and my photochop-fu is weak!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Keyboard 3.0 Theme
    Isn't the default keyboard pretty much greyscale already? You want it more white?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Isn't the default keyboard pretty much greyscale already? You want it more white?
    That's essentially what I'm looking for, yeah.

I've attached a screenshot of a work in progress SpringBoard and was hoping to get something working that matched it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!-img_0067.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its possible to change the keyboards in 3.0 now?
    Last edited by carranza259; 08-07-2009 at 03:31 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3.0 Keyboard Theme
    Not without some work.

Apparently it has to be done programatically and the only program that's available is iAccess which is to install a Chinese keyboard. Just so happens they included an English keyboard also. So you have to install that app and change the English keyboard files. Bad part for now is that you lose spell check/auto correct feature.

That keyboard does have some sort of spell check functionality because you can see they reference dictionary files in the ini files. But I haven't figured out any way to get it working with English keyboard. I emailed them just for the heck of it to see if they would offer any suggestion but haven't heard back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3.0 Keyboard Theme
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    That's essentially what I'm looking for, yeah.

This is something kinda white. Used your screen shot for an overlay but it's kind funky.

After thinking about this it would really be hard to get some of the other buttons made with this layout. Some of the smaller buttons like caps and backspace have to be made separately and I would have to get that overlay lined up in the exact same spot so when you pressed it it wouldn't look like it's jumping off center. Hope that makes sense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!-wide_kb_abc-white.png  
    Last edited by phatboyfromla; 08-07-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

isn't there a way to edit the original files found on the iphone (that is if anyone has found the location to them)?...I want to have a transparent keyboard if anyone can help. the iphone already has the transparant keyboard in certain applications so i know the files exist. Wondering if there was a way to just replace the solid keyboard files. I know a thread on this exists under the file modding section of this forum but noone has found anything on how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by soto806 View Post
    i have run into a problem , when i finished installing it from cydia, it tell me it can't unload com.iacces.plist and some other problems.then i do what you told me to but nothing happens, and everything turns back on. please take a look at the attached image. i am on an iPod Touch 2G
    I just got the same error when installing iAccess... I am on a 3gs... I tried to hit the Reload Springboard button and all i got is that spinning wheel in the middle of my screen for like 5 minutes now and it hasn't done anything.
    Last edited by SVD85; 08-08-2009 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Can anuone load up the 3g storm keyboard for me so i can install it in iacess please.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After I uninstalled Iacces, nothing launches now. Apps, cydia, nothing.

EDIT:

Fixed it, but now respring no longer works. I have to do hard reset everytime I install something or if I need to respring. When I respring, it stays on the circle forever. Great...
    Last edited by dx169; 08-09-2009 at 12:12 PM.