+ Reply
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Cool,I can't wait to try this
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool,I can't wait to try this

Green Apple
    Thanks

My thanks to all the geniuses on here who figure this stuff out and share it with the rest of us. And for the developers who bring us the great apps that allow us to make these phones personal reflections of our personalities, and not just like everyone else's.

Following the instructions on here, I was able to install iacces and a couple keyboards (using the winterboard method) successfully, thanks to all the great advice on here.

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your knowledge with us, and let others know that if you take the time to read through the posts, you can do it, and it does work.

Mark

3. The Following User Says Thank You to love2drive2fast For This Useful Post:

TheCrow13 (12-30-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i got it to work but the 3G Storm that "Bars" created doesnt seem to fully show
    neither does it work on the address bar on safari

but its still better
    Owner of: iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, 2G
    Check out my theme: Metallic Shine HD (+SD) in Cydia
    Leave feedback and thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RonHC For This Useful Post:

TheCrow13 (01-12-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

It should work on Safari but it won't work on Cydia, I don't know why it is not working on Safari but it works for it on 3.0FW
    Follow me on Twitter-Crow1372

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow13 View Post
    It should work on Safari but it won't work on Cydia, I don't know why it is not working on Safari but it works for it on 3.0FW
    well it might have not fully render all the images from the keyboard
    on Safari, the Google search box works with the theme

But what i did to add the theme was through Winterboard, i didnt replace/remove the one in the images folder from iAccess which may be the problem

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I GOT IT WORKING

But the space bar and the enter/search key don't have theiir labels on but its no big deal

I am gonna make a tutorial once i get my PC working again this friday

Thanks

anyone able to make a metalbrushed/carbon keyboard theme out of this?
    that would be awesome!
    good job with this!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if i do this can i still get spell check?

Thanks

Yes you can buddy, just try them out because it won't hurt anything and remember to install off Cydia (iAcces) or just look at a vid. on YouTube (3.0 keyboards for iPhone/iPod)

Thanks

O.k new issue (iAcces 4), this is getting worse because they claim in Cydia with at least 3 keyboards that they work with the new iAcces 4 and I don't see it working yet??? iAcces 0S3 is not available in Cydia now, not that I can see and I have moved up to firmware 3.1.2 so what now?

Thanks

Thanks

It looks fantastic!

DMT
    Thanks

i have a custom keyboard but i didnt do it this way... i youtube it and watched a video of a dude doing it and thats how i do it... i didnt ssh nothing...

iPhone? More like MyPhone andydlux's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Only iacces mac book air works ???
    Hi all i followed the steps of someone and installed iacces successfully i rebooted my device 3gs 3.1.2 and started downloading the skins from cydia, iacces mac book air works except when i press a key and u usually see the key u pressed bigger is totally black so practically i cant see what i pressed except i look up to the message window itself which i normally dont do. anybody knows why? and the big thing is all the other skins i downloaded from iacces don`t work anybody knows why? and is it normal that in my phone the mac book air skin works only for messages and not for like example cydia where the keyboard is still the same? help help ;D

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andydlux View Post
    Hi all i followed the steps of someone and installed iacces successfully i rebooted my device 3gs 3.1.2 and started downloading the skins from cydia, iacces mac book air works except when i press a key and u usually see the key u pressed bigger is totally black so practically i cant see what i pressed except i look up to the message window itself which i normally dont do. anybody knows why? and the big thing is all the other skins i downloaded from iacces don`t work anybody knows why? and is it normal that in my phone the mac book air skin works only for messages and not for like example cydia where the keyboard is still the same? help help ;D
    From what I've read, there seem to be a lot of issues with iAccess and 3.1.2 (which is pretty much the only reason I still haven't upgraded from 3.0). And the reason that it won't work in Cydia (and a few other places) ... on any version, is because it replaces the "standard" keyboard only ... and if an app (like Cydia) uses one of the "special" keyboards, then you get that's what you get (unskinned).

I have it working great on 3.0 ... except missing spell check / auto correct (but it's worth it when all the other iPhone peopel in the office make a fuss over my keyboard when the see it .. lol).

Mark

Thanks

Install iAcces OS3 from
    (Removed X....site) and you will be fine, I am running firmware 3.1.2 and have 3 BlackBerry Storm versions of keyboard with iAcces OS3 but do not install iAcces 4! Also you can type into YouTube (how to install iAcces on my iPhone) and you will get full instructions, good luck
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 02-15-2010 at 01:42 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TheCrow13 For This Useful Post:

andydlux (01-30-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow13 View Post
    Install iAcces OS3 from (Removed X....site) and you will be fine, I am running firmware 3.1.2 and have 3 BlackBerry Storm versions of keyboard with iAcces OS3 but do not install iAcces 4! Also you can type into YouTube (how to install iAcces on my iPhone) and you will get full instructions, good luck
    so i uninstall iacess 4 then install iAcces OS3 from (Removed X....site) and use it with all the normal iacess keyboards thats it? sounds simple enough i give it a try and let u know thanks
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 02-15-2010 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks

Yes uninstall iAcces 4 and than just ADD the (Removed X....site) and than PM me for the rest, I will give you what you need to put iAcces OS3 into your iPhone/iPod o.k
    Last edited by A Retired Mod; 02-15-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Thanks

i have the Xsellize repository already and checked there.. there is only one iacces file in there that must be the one then right? do i have to reboot again after i installed iacces?

Thanks

O.k this is for all who have (iAcces OS3) like your supposed install and if you watch the (YouTube) vid. on it, it is so easy but here it is. If indeed you have the iAcces OS3 (3044) one, than just open up the icon and it will boot you out. Than you will power off the iPhone/iPod completely by holding the Power button and Home button at the same time till it goes black, than hold again until the Apple logo comes up and let it come back on its own. Than go back and open up the iAcces icon and it will allow you to push O.K now, so do so and than turn all buttons off inside (accept) the top one and jump out. If you don't have any (real) good iAcces keyboards just PM me and I will give you 3 versions of BlackBerry Storm ones o.k

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit_kaine View Post
    Ok guys i have figured out a way to get themed keyboards on iPhone and I'm guessing iPod with OS 3.0. I tested it on an iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.0.

how can i do icon of wi-fi like on screen ?