Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!

Sorry, but you really need to stop writing stuff that is completely idiotic. Read what you wrote:

If I push the double aA button, it switches over to show the % sign and the others.
    That is the Shift key on the alpha keyboard and what it will and should do is to let you type upper and lower case letters. It will absolutely not shift to any other keyboard. That's just pure nonsense. Stating anything different (like the above) just makes you look like a fool. I don't need to install anything to see that you are completely wrong.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Thanks

What ever armadillo, if you unhappy that I have one that works than just take it as that and move on and it does everything as I have mentioned and you have said it can not do. I have no issues with this keyboard and my 3.0, so just be happy because I have told you everything and shown the images to it and for you to say that it can not work that way is just being a poor sport! BeSweet, just do as I said and I will give it to you because I already told you that I can not post any of it here!

Hey. thanks for the keyboard mod! Love it. But, I noticed your carrier logo. What is it called? Where can I find it? Thanks!!!

Has anyone tried to create a transparent keyboard. I am working on a completely transparent theme, but I need some help. I'm on 3g 3.1.2 unlocked (ultrasn0w) to tmobile & jailbroken (cydia)
    Last edited by aethyreal; 11-19-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow13 View Post
    What ever armadillo, if you unhappy that I have one that works than just take it as that and move on and it does everything as I have mentioned and you have said it can not do. I have no issues with this keyboard and my 3.0, so just be happy because I have told you everything and shown the images to it and for you to say that it can not work that way is just being a poor sport! BeSweet, just do as I said and I will give it to you because I already told you that I can not post any of it here!
    You still haven't told us why...

Thanks

I don't need to say why and I believe I already said it is against the rules to post something like this in the open forum, so take it for that or leave it alone. I already said if you wish to have it, than to PM me or just find your own.

can someone help me please i installed the buuf keyboard it works but sometimes when i hit abc itll go to the chinese keyboard instead othert times itll go to the buuf i dunno why?

so on the buuf keyboard on the numbered keyboard it has a big button called ABC lower left corner , i notice when i click on the right side of this buton is switches because underneath its 2 seperate buttons on the chinese keyboard , is there a way to prevent this?
    Last edited by BradTN; 11-25-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm very much looking forward for TheCrow13 to answer this question
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

I don't know about the buuf keyboard, it is not the one I have been giving to members??? So I don't know what your getting at armadillo, if you know the answer please give it to him! Why would I be able to answer that, my keyboard does not go chinese!

Okay, I'll answer the question. All keyboards that have a wide ABC key (this includes all keyboards I know except for my own) will face this problem. The reason is simple and is best illustrated by the following picture of the original iAcces keyboard:

As you can see on the bottom left, there is a narrow AB key followed by the "Chinese" key, followed by the space key (which also has a globe icon on the very left). These keys mark the map of iAccess functionality. So if you tap on the AB key you will return to the alpha keyboard, if you tap on the "Chinese" key, you will get the Chinese keyboard, and if to tap on the globe, you will get any other international keyboards you may have enabled (e.g. emoji or Russian, etc.).

So far so good. Now we have people that replace the original iAcces keyboard images with skinned versions. Here's the ominous keyboard that Crow13 is peddling:

[

Obviously just changing an image will have no effect on how iAcces maps user taps. Note that the above keyboard (and probably the Buuf keyboard as well) has a wide ABC button. It covers the original keyboard's AB button and Chinese button. So if you tap on the left side of the wide button, you will get the alpha keyboard, but if you tap on the right side, you will get the Chinese keyboard, because that's how iAcces maps your tap (just like in the original keyboard).

Note that Crow's keyboard has additional flaws. First, it has a button that is labeled .com (instead of shift), but that button actually will access the special characters keyboard. In addition, the globe is missing from the space bar, and finally, the most important feature of iAcces is missing, namely the ability to access the special characters without having to switch to another keyboard. Notice in the original keyboard there are lighter special characters above the normal keys. All keys have dual functions without you having to leave the keyboard. So you can tap on "6" to type the number 6, but alternatively, you can tap on "6" and then slightly shift your finger up to type the alternate character (in this case "%"). You will see the popup sheet change from 6 to % if you do this. And here is an image that illustrates this (this also happens to be a keyboard that is fully compliant and fully mapped to iAcces):

Please Crow, stop posting here since you really do not seem to even want to understand how the iAcces keyboard works. Just stay with your keyboard and ignore my posts. I really don't care what you use or have to say. The above is exactly how it works.
    Last edited by armadillo; 11-28-2009 at 07:16 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

how do you copy the "/Applications and copy the iAcces.app to your desktop" to the desktop? and do you mean the desktop of the phone?

Thanks

If I can interupt the crow13 armadillo argument for a moment with a real question: Why do only a couple keyboards change? The one for search and email changed, but not for notes, messages, cydia, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
    The Buuf icon pack though page 350 can be found here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMHNDKA7 or for those of you who asked for Rapidshare, here, http://rapidshare.com/files/34719307...Icons.zip.html

If my post helped you, don't forget to click Thanks!

The reason is that iAcces does not provide all keyboard images that Apple has implemented. Actually, iAcces isn't really interested in the qwerty keyboards at all. Their main feature really is Chinese input. So only the standard keyboards are substituted. As soon as an app requests a special keyboard (e.g. the .com versions or those with special labels on the Enter key) iAcces does not patch that call and instead pop up Apple's keyboard.

P.S.: The Notes keyboard does show up for me.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

13. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

uncle_don (11-30-2009)

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Most all of mine work accept Cydia!

Try the URL field in Safari... and Cydia never played ball even in the old days of FW 2.x
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

It will work in the Google part, but not in the Safari url.

As I said, the special keyboards won't work. The URL field does not allow spaces. Instead you get three separate buttons for ".", "/" and ".com". iAcces has no such keyboard image and therefore won't substitute Apple's keyboard. The Google field is normal text. I was just trying to answer uncle_don's question at the top of this page and this is the answer.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

Yep I was just shading some light on the subject!

Thanks
    i tried on my 2G . doesnt work for 2G i think

does the phone lag at all from doing this....

Thanks

First off why would it not work for the 2G, it works for me on my 1G/8gb iPod Touch?? Also what lag would you be talking about, your question is so unclear and are we supposed to guess? One thing that has bothered me about this post and the other that came before it is this, I have had both of these keyboards on my iPod Touch for 4weeks now off YT and how do we know that this member has created these or just took them off YT like I did but actually put them on here as his own?? (sorry Soto) It is just odd to me that no one else is creating keyboards for 3.0 but the 2 that come out here are exactly the same ones that I have had for 4weeks from 1stShift off YT, and he has his own online site with all kinds of stuff for iPods/iPhones?? Sorry to any whom I offend by this but it has to be said, if this person can actually show a PSd file that shows they created it fine but again that might not prove anything because they could have taken the ones I have off YT and touched it up some using PS and created their own PSd files. Again please take no offense and I know you will but again, if I have had these 2 and 1-2 others off YT for 4weeks and no one else on here with more experience have not created any 3.0 keyboards how can we believe these are actually Soto's?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast