+ Reply
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 310

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Theme Keyboard on 3.0!!!

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Well, the reason is that most people don't bother to adapt the existing keyboards to the idiosyncrasies of the iAcces keyboard. They simply take the modded keyboards from 2.x and
...
  1. #181
    Theme Creator armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 591 Times in 365 Posts

    Well, the reason is that most people don't bother to adapt the existing keyboards to the idiosyncrasies of the iAcces keyboard. They simply take the modded keyboards from 2.x and totally ignore that the keyboard layouts are in fact different. I may be wrong, since I have not seen all of the keyboards floating around, but the only complete and accurate keyboard for iAcces that I know of is the Aqwoah iAcces keyboard by yours truly
    Last edited by armadillo; 10-24-2009 at 11:10 AM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

    Carrbone (10-25-2009), choihyun (10-24-2009)

  3. #182
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaroc View Post
    a Lot of these themes are nice, i got it working no problem thanks to the collective advice of most people here.
    But one issue remains whats a problem in all themes posted here.

    While using the modded keyboard, hitting the "123" to get to the numbers, Then hitting "#+-" key to get extra symbols such as "> < [ ]" there is no keyboard art for that (i looked) Is this a known issue? or is everyone missing this?

    please let me know if you have an answer, i would love to have a fully functional keyboard if all possible (besides stock) lol
    nope i have had that on my modded theme since 2.2.1
    and i just extracted all i need from that theme and made it work with iaccess

  4. #183
    Theme Creator armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 591 Times in 365 Posts

    There is no "#+-" keyboard in iAcces. This is what I was talking about in my post above. The keyboards from 2.x cannot be used as such. The number "123" keyboard now contains all the special characters. Each key has a dual assignment. That's why there is no fully working keyboard theme for iAcces other than mine that takes this into account.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

  5. #184
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    There is no "#+-" keyboard in iAcces. This is what I was talking about in my post above. The keyboards from 2.x cannot be used as such. The number "123" keyboard now contains all the special characters. Each key has a dual assignment. That's why there is no fully working keyboard theme for iAcces other than mine that takes this into account.
    i see what your saying and i didnt explain very well. but i realize what you mean cause i had to put extra keyboard pics inside the image folder in iaccess. it does have a dual assignment and when i press the "#+=" key it works just like the "caps" icon. and if i double click on the "#+=" key it will lock on the keyboard just like the "capslock" key would. so yes, what im using takes that into account also. thus mine works flawlessly.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to choihyun For This Useful Post:

    TheCrow13 (11-02-2009)

  7. #185
    Theme Creator armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 591 Times in 365 Posts

    My apologies to choihyun for the harsh reply. Here's the deal: iAcces had an update recently, which wreaked havoc on users updating from the previous version (including myself). What happened was that the updated version disabled themes altogether, which is why I reverted to the old version. I did not test the new version, but I have now completely uninstalled the old version and installed the new version (which was a nightmare) to check out the shift key behavior choihyun was talking about (the shift key wasn't even present in the last version). It turns out that the latest version of iAcces has indeed changed the behavior of the multiple assigned keyboards in that it allows both gestures and shifted keyboards (the original .com key has been replaced by a shift key that now puts up a new keyboard with special characters). So again, my apologies to choihyun. He was right about the keyboard behavior in latest version of iAcces (which I still warn against installing, if ou have the previous version installed), whereas I was right about the previous version, but wrong in commenting about. This makes life for themers more difficult, since the latest version of iAcces has some problems with installation for some users.
    Last edited by armadillo; 10-25-2009 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Come visit AlohaSoft

  8. #186
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Maybe that explains why I cant get the theme to work, something changed in the new iacces 3044. Who knows??????????????????

  9. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit_kaine View Post
    Ok guys i have figured out a way to get themed keyboards on iPhone and I'm guessing iPod with OS 3.0. I tested it on an iPhone 3GS with firmware 3.0.




    Here's a quick how to.


    1. Open Cydia
    2. Go to sections
    3. download the iAcces Repo
    4. Install iAcces OS3 from the newly added repo.
    5. Install and Reboot phone
    6. You now have the chinese iAcess keyboard whenever you press the "globe" icon on the keyboard, it switches from your default to the chinese.


    SSH into the phone to /Applications and copy the iAcces.app to your desktop. Go into the images folder and open the keyboard type you want to edit and replace it with an image of a themed keyboard from another theme or whatever. SSH the modified files back into the phone.

    Reboot and respring your phone.

    Open iAcces from the iPhone springboard and go into ALL options and turn everything to OFF. Go into all the arrows you see and turn everything to off.. Go back to the FIRST iAcess screen and leave only the very first option set to ON (which is the keyboard itself).

    Reboot and you now have themed keyboard on OS 3.0

    I went into the phone settings, and turned off the stock english keyboard and only left the emoji keyboard, so now the themed keyboard is my stock one, and the globe icon switches me to the emoji.

    This is a great alternative while winterboard gets updated so that you can theme your own keyboard/dictionary.

    This is not a themed keyboard but a whole new keyboard so it has no dictionary (auto correct).

    I won't be giving much support for this i have no time, if anyone wants to follow up on it you may do so..

    I give credit to iAcces for making the keyboard and credit for figuring out that you can mod keyboards this way goes to me.
    1) From where do I download specific keyboard themes specific to the iAccess keyboard?

    2) Is it possible to use themes for iAccess without Winterboard? I don't like winterboard.

  10. #188
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ont.Canada
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 144 Times in 121 Posts

    I have done all of this and even on YouTube vid. instructions on all this and his own black keyboard, I did exactly that and SSHed it into var/stash/Themes and I checked it off in my WinterBoard but the keyboard does not show up like the images?? Also he said if you wish to use the ones on Cydia that were for 2.2.1 firmware, all you would have to do is install them on your iPod and than drag and drop them on your desktop. Than change all the image names to what he has and than just SSH them back into my iPod and they would work but nope? Is there a certain way to do this and do the Keyboard ones have to be in a certain folder like (com.apple.springboard/com.apple.TelephonyUI)? I really want my old keyboards back (Black Glossy/& 3G iPhone Black), but I don't know what to do and if anyone can tell me if they are to be put into the above folders? I have installed the iAcces OS3 and the other and turned all the tabs off accept for the top one like was suggested, but I don't know why it is not working?

    Thanks

  11. #189
    Theme Creator armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 591 Times in 365 Posts

    There are two ways to skin iAcces:

    WinterBoard: Create the following folder hierarchy and put the keyboard png images there:
    /Library/Themes/Black Keyboard/Bundles/com.iacces.iAcces/images/

    iAcces direct: Replace the original png images in the app itself:
    /Applications/iAcces.app/images/

    Both methods will work.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

    TheCrow13 (11-01-2009)

  13. #190
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ont.Canada
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 144 Times in 121 Posts

    Thanks armadillio, I am trying to understand this but a couple of questions for ya. With the WinterBoard method, your saying to create a new folder called (hierarchy) and put the keyboard images there. Are you saying to take that template keyboard for iAcces (black) and put those images in that new folder, than go to /Library/Themes/Black Keyboard/Bundles/com.iacces.iAcces/images/? Does this part of that (Black Keyboard/Bundles/com.iacces.iAcces/images , already exist on my iPod when I open up WinSCP?? I want to do this and also change up the image labels on the Black Glossy/Chromium/and the 3G Storm one, so they will match the iAcces one and will work on my iPod touch. I have the 1G/8gb iPod touch with the 3.0 firmware and can this all still work, I hope so because I love those 3 keyboard off Cydia?



    WinterBoard: Create the following folder hierarchy and put the keyboard png images there:
    /Library/Themes/Black Keyboard/Bundles/com.iacces.iAcces/images/

    iAcces direct: Replace the original png images in the app itself:
    /Applications/iAcces.app/images/


  14. #191
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ont.Canada
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 144 Times in 121 Posts

    No need to do all that has been mentioned, I have figured it out and anyone who tells you that you can not change the keyboard to say the 1st Storm keyboard is not really helping you (sorry). Just PM me and I will give you what you need, so if you want the black/dark 1st Storm keyboard on your 3.0 firmware iPod Touch/iPhone come and PM me

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by TheCrow13; 11-04-2009 at 09:49 AM.

  15. #192
    Theme Creator armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 591 Times in 365 Posts

    As I have tried to explain to you in my PM, these old keyboards do not match the functionality of iAcces. Sure, you can rename them as several people in this thread have already done, but you will end up with glitches that are just annoying. For example, in the above keyboard, tap on the "123" button right of center (the normal tap area for most people) and tell me if you get the numeric keypad. Or tap on the left side of the space bar and tell me if that types a space for you. Also try and use caps lock on the above keyboard and then do the same on the numeric key equivalent. For fun, also tap on any numeric key and slide up slightly (that is the built-in functionality you have with iAcces.

    What I'm trying to say is that the old keyboards (all of them) need to be modified if you want to have a match between iAcces functionality and keyboard behavior. The old keyboards simply do not support dual-assignment keys, because Apple never implemented that feature.

    Finally, you state "No need to do all that has been mentioned". What do you mean by that? Have you found a different way to install keyboards? Are you saying that the above keyboard works without iAcces? That would really be interesting. Please share if you figured out a way in which none of what others and I have stated in this thread are needed.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

  16. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Here's his PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow13
    I did not say not to install iAccec and the iAcces OS3, you do have to do that but I found a YouTube vid. that walks you right trough it all and gives you the 1st Storm (black) keyboard with all functions. Also have a YouTube vid. that will show you something else to install in your Sources, so if you want them get back to me because I can not put this on the main pages
    So it looks like he found a package in a certain repo that automatically installs a keyboard that has already been modified for use on iAcces.

  17. #194
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ont.Canada
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 144 Times in 121 Posts

    Next time ask if you can share my PM messages with others, I will share with whom ever wants to know and to you armadillo yes it does all work (sorry) your wrong I appreciate what your trying to say but your wrong and mine works great, so maybe you need to revise your statements and stop trying to get members to follow and download your info of your themed keyboard

  18. #195
    Theme Creator armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 591 Times in 365 Posts

    Alright, prove me wrong and post a screenshot of the numeric keyboard with dual key assignments. Anyone using iAcces can easily verify the fact that this is a functionality. Also, anyone can easily verify that tapping on the right side of the "123" button will not actually put up the numeric keyboard. Just because you say it all works, doesn't make it so. So anyone who PMs you to get the storm keyboard can easily verify that it is you who is wrong. All of my points in the previous post are entirely correct. So please stop telling people what is verifiable untrue. Just say that those glitches are in fact the price you pay for using unmodified old-style keyboards, which is exactly what I said in post #181.

    While you're at it, you should also state that all of the instructions that bandit posted in the first post and my help to you in figuring out where to put images are in fact needed to make this work.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

  19. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow13 View Post
    Next time ask if you can share my PM messages with others, I will share with whom ever wants to know and to you armadillo yes it does all work (sorry) your wrong I appreciate what your trying to say but your wrong and mine works great, so maybe you need to revise your statements and stop trying to get members to follow and download your info of your themed keyboard
    I don't think anyone understands what you're talking about...

  20. #197
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ont.Canada
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 144 Times in 121 Posts

    BeSweet, I was talking to you in the beginning because when someone PMs you keep it between you and the person your PMing. The other comments were towards armadillo and him/her saying that it can't be done, because I found it by 1Shift and it works flawlessly also with my images you can see that I am at 3.0 because of the percentage of the battery next to the batter as well! So anyone wanting to know how to get the 1st Storm (black) keyboard on 3.0, just PM me like I mentioned already So this is both images of the keyboard and as you can tell, if you do as armadillo says it does work as it should Also in Cydia/Sources/iAcces, there are 4 more keyboards and two of them are Storm ones.

    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by TheCrow13; 11-04-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  21. #198
    Theme Creator armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,310
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 591 Times in 365 Posts

    Thanks for posting the numeric keyboard. The layout of this keyboard is for iAcces version 3042 (that version had the .com key). That version of iAcces also absolutely required a dual keyboard. It did not contain a keyboard for special characters, since they were all assigned in the numeric keyboard as alternate characters that you access with tap-slide. So if you use iAcces v3042, then this keyboard will not let you easily type special characters. For example, how would you type "[" or "%" or "_" or "#"? Where are those keys? As I said, they are accessed with the the same numeric keyboard as alternate characters.

    Bottomline: The above keyboard will NOT help you in iAcces 3042

    Now in iAcces 3044 (the latest version), this changed. The .com key is no longer there and has been replaced by a shift key. The shift key will now access a new keyboard that contains the alternate characters as single keys. However, the dual assigned keys in the numeric keyboard remain fully functional.

    Bottomline: The above keyboard will not use the .com key to type ".com", but instead will switch to another keyboard. The .com key will temporarily (or persistently in case of caps lock) change to a shifted button that is the same for all keyboards, which in your version will wrongly tell you that pressing it again will access the "abc" keyboard.

    So the above keyboard does not work flawlessly in either of the iAcces versions. Dude, stop pretending that it works flawlessly, because it doesn't. Tell people exactly what they will get. It's okay, if they can live with the glitches, that's fine. But you are making false claims. That really does not help anyone.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

  22. #199
    My iPhone is a Part of Me TheCrow13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ont.Canada
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 144 Times in 121 Posts

    If I push the double aA button, it switches over to show the % sign and the others. Sorry to ruin your day armadillo but this is proven and even in Cydia/Sources/iAcces ,it has 4-5 keyboard and 2 of them are Storm ones Also, I am not giving false claims and if members look at the Storm keyboards in Cydia and install them and than drag and drop them out of their iPod Touches/iPhones using WinSCP or whatever they will notice what the keyboards look like. I really don't care but if members want what I am displaying, they can choose to PM me and get rid of the boring gray keyboard
    Last edited by TheCrow13; 11-04-2009 at 06:07 PM.

  23. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Why don't you just post the instructions here? Are the keyboards in an illegal repo? Just post it in binary or something.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts