Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to change system settings icons on iphone

Question how to change system settings icons on iphone
    can anyone help me
    how to chnage the icons under setting menu where u get mail phone sms calender icons in settings for iphone .i had some theme which i don't remember now which used to change its icons

Default Like this?

Download the iPhone 3.0 stock files from the download section on here and then look in Bundles/com.apple._________.settings

Each different icon goes in its own settings folder. I haven't figured out the SMS icon yet

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yer was wondering about that one, how come the messages icon is different from the others. Try as i might, it won't change X(
    (renamed to text, sms, messages, added some full stops ... ain't budging)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gauravsuneja View Post
    can anyone help me
    how to chnage the icons under setting menu where u get mail phone sms calender icons in settings for iphone .i had some theme which i don't remember now which used to change its icons
    Here's a list of the stock iPhone settings folders and the icon name that go with them. All folders go inside the "Bundles" folder of your theme. Correct spelling is a must.
    -com.apple.AccountSettings
    icon.png
    -com.apple.mobileipod.settings
    icon.png
    -com.apple.mobilephone.settings
    icon.pnf
    -com.apple.mobilesafari.settings
    icon.png
    -com.apple.mobilestoresettings (no . between name and settings)
    icon.png
    -com.apple.Preferences
    Messages.png
    Settings-Air.png
    Settings-Display.png
    Settings-Sound.png
    Settings.png
    -com.apple.settings.airport
    icon.png
    -com.apple.wallpaper.settings
    icon.png

All icon sizes are 29x29px.
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

Daciple (07-27-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by iTJ View Post
    Here's a list of the stock iPhone settings folders and the icon name that go with them. All folders go inside the "Bundles" folder of your theme. Correct spelling is a must.
    -com.apple.AccountSettings
    icon.png
    -com.apple.mobileipod.settings
    icon.png
    -com.apple.mobilephone.settings
    icon.pnf
    -com.apple.mobilesafari.settings
    icon.png
    -com.apple.mobilestoresettings (no . between name and settings)
    icon.png
    -com.apple.Preferences
    Messages.png
    Settings-Air.png
    Settings-Display.png
    Settings-Sound.png
    Settings.png
    -com.apple.settings.airport
    icon.png
    -com.apple.wallpaper.settings
    icon.png

All icon sizes are 29x29px.
    Thanks for the info, it helped get me started but you left one out, the one for photos. It is:

-com.apple.mobileslideshow.settings
    icon.png

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daciple For This Useful Post:

iTJ (07-27-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daciple View Post
    Thanks for the info, it helped get me started but you left one out, the one for photos. It is:

-com.apple.mobileslideshow.settings
    icon.png
    Sorry my bad. It doesn't appear on my iPhone, so I wasn't thinking about it.
    Here are two more I left off, because they aren't on my iPhone.
    -com.apple.notificationsettings (No . between name and settings)
    icon.png
    -com.apple.settings.carrier
    icon.png

Here's what mine looks like.
    Last edited by iTJ; 07-26-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Added screenshots
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

Daciple (07-27-2009)

Awesome did u do the cydia n app store the same way?
    -com.apple.whatever.settings
    icon.png

and it's a little of this thread but I've themed everything for my phone xcept the AppStore and the iTunes store. I've tried everything... Even dl the stock files and ssh the exact png into the xact com.apple folder and nothing...

Have u figured out how to theme those?

Thanks

Awesome did u do the cydia n app store the same way?
    -com.apple.whatever.settings
    icon.png
    Yeah they are similar, but they won't have com.apple in front of them, because they weren't created by Apple. For example, for the FCSB setting is:
    -net.r-ch.fcsbprefs
    Icon.png

I dug through my iPhone in /System/Library/PreferenceBundles and looked at each Info.plist to find the correct preference bundle identifier name.

As for the AppStore apps, the same goes except you won't look in the PreferenceBundles folder. You'll just look for the CFBundleIdentifier name in each app's Info.plist. For example, for Vay it is:
    -com.somoga.vay
    Icon.png
    The thing about the AppStore apps is that the Icon.png will change the in the Settings app and on the springboard, so the Icon.png will be the normal 60x60px image and the OS shrinks the the icon to fit in the Settings app. I hope that's not too confusing.

and it's a little of this thread but I've themed everything for my phone xcept the AppStore and the iTunes store. I've tried everything... Even dl the stock files and ssh the exact png into the xact com.apple folder and nothing...

Have u figured out how to theme those?
    If you are referring to the AppStore and iTunes icon on the springboard then yes I have. Inside my theme I have an "Icons" folder and all the my icons go inside here. Take the icon you want, name it exactly the way it's spelt on the springboard, place it the "Icons" folder, respring, and you'll see your changes. Like for the AppStore and iTunes, name the icons App Store.png and iTunes.png and place them in the "Icons" folder and after a respring you should see your changes.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (12-19-2012)

If you are referring to the AppStore and iTunes icon on the springboard then yes I have. Inside my theme I have an "Icons" folder and all the my icons go inside here. Take the icon you want, name it exactly the way it's spelt on the springboard, place it the "Icons" folder, respring, and you'll see your changes. Like for the AppStore and iTunes, name the icons App Store.png and iTunes.png and place them in the "Icons" folder and after a respring you should see your changes.

Actually i m not talking about the icons im talking about inside the app itself.. im posting some screen shots so you can see what i am talking about.

The first one is the app store and if u look at the bottom it has the stock icons for the featured ect.

The 2nd is youtube and u can see I have changed the bottom to the icons that fit my theme.

Like i said b4 I know its off topic but u seemed to know wth ur doing so i thought id might give it a shot.

If you cant change it dont feel bad Ive tried a bunch of times and looked all over the net n cant find nething.

Btw thanks for all the other advice about the settings, i think i understand and will be try that tonight or tom!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0239.png   -img_0240.png  

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Daciple For This Useful Post:

ifish0503 (09-21-2009)

Default Cant quite get it
    Yeah they are similar, but they won't have com.apple in front of them, because they weren't created by Apple. For example, for the FCSB setting is:
    -net.r-ch.fcsbprefs
    Icon.png

I dug through my iPhone in /System/Library/PreferenceBundles and looked at each Info.plist to find the correct preference bundle identifier name.

As for the AppStore apps, the same goes except you won't look in the PreferenceBundles folder. You'll just look for the CFBundleIdentifier name in each app's Info.plist. For example, for Vay it is:
    -com.somoga.vay
    Icon.png
    The thing about the AppStore apps is that the Icon.png will change the in the Settings app and on the springboard, so the Icon.png will be the normal 60x60px image and the OS shrinks the the icon to fit in the Settings app. I hope that's not too confusing.
    Ok I tried to do this with Cydelete to start. I ssh to /System/Library/PreferenceBundles and found the image to change. But I cant figure out where to put this folder in my theme.

The folder that Cydelete is in is called /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/CyDeleteSettings.bundle

If i directly change the icon in that folder i can get it to change on my springboard, but i thought there would be a way to change it by naming a certain folder in my theme something like how u do with all the stock setting icons.

I tried everything i could and i cant get it right. I created a PrefrenceBundles folder and put the CyDeleteSettings.bundle folder with the icon inside that in my theme, that didnt work.

I tried putting the CyDeleteSettings.bundle folder with the icon inside in the Bundles folder in my theme and that didnt work either.

So i am stuck. Also I have no idea what to look at when i open the Info.plist. Do u just use note pad? And where are the Appstore apps Info.plist located?

Sorry for all the questions!!!

Lol I can usually figure things out pretty quickly but I am totally stuck on this. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks

Actually i m not talking about the icons im talking about inside the app itself.. im posting some screen shots so you can see what i am talking about.
    The first one is the app store and if u look at the bottom it has the stock icons for the featured ect.
    The 2nd is youtube and u can see I have changed the bottom to the icons that fit my theme.
    Like i said b4 I know its off topic but u seemed to know wth ur doing so i thought id might give it a shot.
    If you cant change it dont feel bad Ive tried a bunch of times and looked all over the net n cant find nething.
    Btw thanks for all the other advice about the settings, i think i understand and will be try that tonight or tom!!!
    Try naming the App Store bundle com.apple.AppStore and name the iTunes bundle com.apple.MobileStore. You can look inside the apps to find the names of the files. Since you've done it for YouTube, you should be able to find the file names easily.

Ok I tried to do this with Cydelete to start. I ssh to /System/Library/PreferenceBundles and found the image to change. But I cant figure out where to put this folder in my theme.

The folder that Cydelete is in is called /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/CyDeleteSettings.bundle

If i directly change the icon in that folder i can get it to change on my springboard, but i thought there would be a way to change it by naming a certain folder in my theme something like how u do with all the stock setting icons.

I tried everything i could and i cant get it right. I created a PrefrenceBundles folder and put the CyDeleteSettings.bundle folder with the icon inside that in my theme, that didnt work.

I tried putting the CyDeleteSettings.bundle folder with the icon inside in the Bundles folder in my theme and that didnt work either.

So i am stuck. Also I have no idea what to look at when i open the Info.plist. Do u just use note pad? And where are the Appstore apps Info.plist located?

Sorry for all the questions!!!

Lol I can usually figure things out pretty quickly but I am totally stuck on this. Any help would be appreciated!!!
    When you are looking in the Info.plist, look for the line CFBundleIdenifier. Below that line will give the name. For example, I will use CyDelete. After locating and viewing the Info.plist, you'll find the line CFBundleIdentifier to look like this:
    Code:
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>net.howett.cydelete.settings</string>
    The net.howett.cydelete.settings will be the folder's name that goes in the "Bundles" folder of your theme. I use a Mac, so I don't know what program you could use to view the Info.plist. You could download iFile from Cydia and view it directly on your device.

As for the App Store apps, navigate to /var/mobile/Applications. You'll find a bunch for folders that are randomly named with letters and numbers (Apple thinks are slick and are trying to hide the apps, but not too well ) Go through the folders and find the app you are looking for. Once you find it, the Info.plist will be in the app itself and you'll look for the line as above the get the bundle folder name.

Hope this helps and isn't too confusing.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

Daciple (07-27-2009)

Awesome!!! That Now makes total sense ... I guess I'll hafta find something to look at the info.plist for pc, not sure if notepad shows all that. I will be checking all this out tonight... Thanks again homie!!!

Also yea I've tried changing the folder names to get the AppStore iTunes to work n still nothing lol I don't get it. I even went into the orginal apple folder n changed all the dam icons n it still don't change, apple put some kinda hex on this crap n it's pissing me off lol

oh well... Thanks again for the settings info!!!
    Last edited by Daciple; 07-27-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Add onto post

Thanks

Awesome!!! That Now makes total sense ... I guess I'll hafta find something to look at the info.plist for pc, not sure if notepad shows all that. I will be checking all this out tonight... Thanks again homie!!!

Also yea I've tried changing the folder names to get the AppStore iTunes to work n still nothing lol I don't get it. I even went into the orginal apple folder n changed all the dam icons n it still don't change, apple put some kinda hex on this crap n it's pissing me off lol

oh well... Thanks again for the settings info!!!
    Well I was trying to figure out how to change those as well, but with no luck. I even installed a theme I used on 2.2.1 that changed the bars in the App Store and iTunes, but they weren't working any more. Dang Apple.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

Well I was trying to figure out how to change those as well, but with no luck. I even installed a theme I used on 2.2.1 that changed the bars in the App Store and iTunes, but they weren't working any more. Dang Apple.
    Haha rite... If it wasnt for those kids and that meddling dog I would of gotten away with pwning that iPhone!!!!

Thanks

Haha rite... If it wasnt for those kids and that meddling dog I would of gotten away with pwning that iPhone!!!!
    LOL Zoinks!!!
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

Here is my screen shots guys...I'm practicing on my 2G 3.0 what i like, before i put everything on my 3 GS... I need to remove the dock first thing tomorrow,etc. Is that possible to change Bossprefs? I did the icons so far. I like to change the light blue color to dark grey like Cydia.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1.jpg   -2.jpg   -3.jpg   -4.jpg   -5.jpg   -6.jpg  
    Success is about living life the way you want to live it and having a damn good time doing it.
    Click on the link to download my Buuf4 Theme version:http://www.mediafire.com/?vjmzdoyyfbk

Screen shots here:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-themes-launches/32178-buuf-353.html#post5116856
    Buuf icon pack download link updated to page 440:http://www.mediafire.com/?zbtkw0q5x6w0u41

could someone please tell me which bundle the general icon for settings is? thanks

could someone tell me how to change the chevron icons??? What Bundle is responsible for this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bryberg's Avatar
    Thanks

@Josh com.apple.Preferences

@Jube UIImages/UITableNext.png

Thanks

missing a couple still for Messages / notes / and Store... anyone got those locations as well?
    Thanks
    If i was of help, Slap that Thanks Button

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast