Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To: Changing ANY carrier logo

Default How To: Changing ANY carrier logo
    here are the steps i performed to change my carrier logo, i had to replace some files to make it work, ill post it step by step what i did so you wont get confused

first of all you need to have a graphic of your carrier, or making any graphic to show, wanna know how to do it?? check here:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1127

After you have the logo, make a copy of it, and name one as
    Default_CARRIER_ATT.png
    and the second one should be
    FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png

after you've done that, upload both files to: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
    and replace them over the originals

then download a patched springboard here
    http://rapidshare.com/files/55713719/SpringBoard
    and place it here:
    System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
    over the original

reboot iphone, and you are done

any comments are welcome

Warning: Don't patch springboard with iBrickr or iPhoneBrowser or anything else that can't make sure its permissions are set to 0755. This has been locking people out of their springboard. Use an SSH client instead and insure that the new springboard file has 0755 permissions before disconnecting. -Unclear
    Last edited by unclear; 10-24-2007 at 02:28 AM. Reason: warning

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PvD For This Useful Post:

carlembert (09-30-2007), luiz (10-28-2007), mekodamier (10-22-2007), miltosjj (10-21-2007), phuong18 (05-20-2008)

Thank you Sir

Hi guys, I followed the instructions but it would restart! It was stuck on the apple startup screen so I had to do a upload the original springboard.app what was i doing wrong? I hate seeing this FIDO logo as my carrier!!

could u upload the patched springboard again ?
    i woverwrote all carrier logos but still stays on vodafone -.-
    Even customize cant change it

http://r_apidshare.com/files/55713719/SpringBoard

There is the link to get the patch just remove to underscore between the r and a in rapidshare. Just fyi it crashed my phone and i needed the original springboard.app to restore it. Make sure u copy the original and leave your wifi on while to restart after using cyberducky...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

worked for me with no problem - thx

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do you need a modified springboard? I just throw the files into the correct locations and restart the phone.
    -DoocesWild

Green Apple
    Thanks

ya that process just crashed locked at apple logo till I restored it again

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

it doesn't work with my t-mobile sim card but it does work perfectly with att or cingular sim card. Anyone knows the issues?
     Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    it doesn't work with my t-mobile sim card but it does work perfectly with att or cingular sim card. Anyone knows the issues?
    I can't seem to figure that out. I use T-mobile but want my unlocked iPhone to appear unmodded. So I want to make the AT&T logo appear instead of the Tmob. I tried replacing every T-mobile image with the AT&T images but named as the Tmob ones. No dice.

What gives?

I had the same problem, I am a Rogers user. This is the file I used to replace my springboard - this basically forces the phone to use DEFAULT_CARRIER_ATT - in other words, after replacing springboard with this copy your carrier will say AT&T - then you can use the carrier logo's in the Customize app or create your own.

http://rapidshare.com/files/59284068/SpringBoard.html

Now, I am not sure if this is the same file as posted above because I haven't tried that one - but this one did not freeze my iPhone and I can basically make the carrier logo anything I want. The install instructions are the same as posted above.
    Last edited by brodie01; 09-30-2007 at 07:00 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to brodie01 For This Useful Post:

elvisphong-US (10-31-2007)

Default why pay ?
    do I have to pay fileshare to get the patched springboard ?
    lol
    anyone know of a free place where I can upload that same file ?
    thx

Thanks

Default Problem with the Springboard
    I had an issue with iFuntastic where I used it to try to rearrange the icons on my screen. Later on, apps that I installed via Installer launched but refused to run. I restored my iPhone to 1.0.2 and just did the activation and installed the lockdownd file as I didn't have to run the anySIm application again. My phone starts like normal, voicemail, YouTube and internt- everything works. Even 3rd party apps. The problem I get is when I try to change my carrier logo and replace the SpringBoard file, my phone boots up and sticks at th Apple Logo. I even replaced the whole springboard.app and then tried. The phone restarted. Then this time, instead of uploading my custom images, I only changed the SpringBoard file. And my iPhone froze up on me again. Now I really MUST replace the carrier logo as my preferred service Carrier in Trinidad- their logo does not come up on the iPhone. Instead, there's a bunch of numbers. It has been like this from the begining and with other cellphones when I've connected them to my mac. Help me please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -what-my-carrier-logo-looks-like.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

This one worked for me: http://rapidshare.com/files/59284068/SpringBoard.html (see post by brodie)
    iPhone 8GB (updated to 1.1.1)
    Belgium // Proximus - Belgacom Mobile

Please use the thank button if a post or reply helped you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkandDrive View Post
    I can't seem to figure that out. I use T-mobile but want my unlocked iPhone to appear unmodded. So I want to make the AT&T logo appear instead of the Tmob. I tried replacing every T-mobile image with the AT&T images but named as the Tmob ones. No dice.

What gives?
    If you're feeling adventurous, open Springboard in a Hex editor, Goto Offset 0003887C. Search for 0500000A and replace it with 0000A0E1. Relauch Springboard.

Once done, the iPhone will display the AT&T Logo regardless of what Carrier you are with.

Replacing the springboard file didn't work it made it so I got stuck at the apple logo when turned back on.

Trying to edit the springboard in the hex editor, there was no offset of 0003887C. So anybody else got any other way to do this. Or an actual answer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mentch View Post
    Replacing the springboard file didn't work it made it so I got stuck at the apple logo when turned back on.

Trying to edit the springboard in the hex editor, there was no offset of 0003887C. So anybody else got any other way to do this. Or an actual answer.
    Well, there actually is an offset 0003887C if you know how to use a hex editor. My mod works quite fine, and if you want an "actual answer" learn how to do the bloody thing yourself. Maybe then you won't have to rely on others and then put down their responses.

Thanks

Thank you guys. I will most definitely be trying this and will let you kno how it went down. Thanks for the support!

Well guys I tried everything, I used the Hex Edit application for the mac and went to the address specified and I had no problems finding it. I changed the hex and uploaded it to my iPhone via Cyberduck. When I restarted the phone, it did normally with the numbers for my carrier logo.
    No Change.
    Then I tried the modded SpringBoard that was available- replacing the SpringBoard with it in the SpringBoard.app folder. I restarted my iPhone and looked at the apple logo for a long time and then replaced the springboard with a copy of the original file via ssh over wifi. When I restarted, it did so normally. I think i will just switch my iPhone with someone wo does not care for having a custom name in the carrier area. My iPhone is less than a week old with no scratches. Plus, in addition to having 596 songs, I also put the transformers movie on it so I gues they would go for it.
    Last edited by kofster; 10-04-2007 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What Hex Editor to people use, the ones i've tried so far dont seem to work very well. I can find offset 0003887C but dont see anything to change once im there. Theres just 2 numbers there (34) but nothing else.

So what program should I use. Im on a macbook pro.

Edit: Ok I figured it out, I compared the edited springboard I downloaded with my saved one off of my phone and figured out that the offset I needed to edit was actually 0003787C not 0003887C. This may help some of you who cant get it to work.
    Last edited by Mentch; 10-04-2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Post Need lotsahelp here with springbroad in springboard.app
    I'm begining to think that since I had restored my iPhone to 1.0.2 and I didn't have to reunlock the iPhone again caue the baseband was not updated, maybe that has something to do with the Springboard folder and the springboard file not forcing the att.pngs being displayed. If I'm right, i was wondering if there's anyone here who has had to restore their iPhone to 1.o.2 and then try to replace the carrier logo with a custom one and got through, any insight on how you went about doing this will be very helpful. However, in the meantime, if anyone who's modded their SpringBoard.app folder, I would appreciate it greatly if you can email me a copy at [email protected]. I would replace the springboard app on my iPhone with the one that you guys send me- custom graohics and modded springboard and all. I tried with another's friend iPhone and the phone froze at the startup with the white apple logo.
    I won't lie, it is kind of annoying and frustrating- I was able to do it once and now is a no-no. Anybody else got any sugestions/solutions to help me with my plight?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast