+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The REAL keypad replacements.

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
View Tread here for 2 kits and install. Keypad Tread If you would like to create your own keypads. You have to get this program. iPhoneShop READ READ READ and
    My iPhone is a Part of Me LoringStudios's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The REAL keypad replacements.
    View Tread here for 2 kits and install. Keypad Tread

If you would like to create your own keypads. You have to get this program. iPhoneShop

READ READ READ and dont just download. It allows you to extract and repack artwork files within the iPhone.

Once you extract them. Photoshop your new keypads.. Over 100 images.. and repack them USING THE INSTRUCTIONS from IPhoneShop.

EDIT: Just so you know.. It is Java. And apparently it works on Pc and Mac.. Thanks Armadillo =)
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 09-24-2007 at 10:45 AM.
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

ClassiChelle (09-25-2007), name00 (05-03-2008)

Thanks

This is not entirely correct. iPhoneShop is a java file and can be run very easily from a Mac. In fact, I wrote an AppleScript wrapper that automates the import and export of .artwork files.

My iPhone is a Part of Me LoringStudios's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    This is not entirely correct. iPhoneShop is a java file and can be run very easily from a Mac. In fact, I wrote an AppleScript wrapper that automates the import and export of .artwork files.
    Ahhh. I was not familiar. Thats good news. If you you have that wrapper. You are gonna be a popular guy. With this just being released its gonna get a lot of views. I'll edit the tread
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

True.... armadillo, a release, please?

I will get a Wiki up on this soon!
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 09-24-2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do i get this program to work on a mac? what version of java do i need for it to work?

When i try to open the file if get the following message:

The jar file "iPhoneShop-0.4.jar" couldn't be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages

Thanks

Ok, here's my wrapper for the Mac. How to use:

1. Download iPhoneShop-0.4.jar here

2. Download the attached zip file and unpack (this is an AppleScript applet) and put on desktop or wherever you can access it for drag and drop.

3. Make a new folder anywhere you like and call it iPhoneShop. Move iPhoneShop-0.4.jar into that folder. Create a new folder inside the iPhoneShop folder and call it whatever you like (e.g. MyKeyboard or MyBarDialer). This is where you will put your modded pngs and the .artwork file.

4. Before you can mod the pngs that are bundled in the .artwork file, you need to extract them from the .artwork file. To do this drag the .artwork file onto my artwork applet (on the desktop). Let it do its thing and you will find a new folder called "pngs" inside the MyKeyboard or MyBarDialer folder right next to the .artwork file. This pngs folder contains the extracted pngs for modding. Go ahead and mod as you please.

5. When you're done, we need to transfer the files back into the .artwork file. Select the "pngs" folder and drag it onto my applet. Let it do its thing and you will have a brand new .artwork file for testing and/or distribution.

You can repeat these procedures as desired. The applet will automatically detect whether you are extracting from a .artwork file or stuffing a .artwork file from a folder full of pngs. In each case, the files will be overwritten.

I should add that I have only tested this with the BarDialer file, but the Keyboard should work the same. It's just a different filename. Let me know if you have any problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by armadillo; 09-24-2007 at 04:27 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

meisterlumpi (03-05-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can any1 make 1 for windows?

Thanks

This is great guys, really. BUT that's just it.... guys Where's the pinks and purples for us girls... Can someone hook me up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am working on making a hovering one, any idea how to make the bg on the keyboard transparent?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow74 View Post
    can any1 make 1 for windows?
    Or even does it Work for 1.1.4 artwork
    thank you

Banned
    Thanks

Default Beautiful Holiday Wallpaper
    Hello everyone! I like it here!

Please check out my favorite collection of beautiful holiday wallpaper for your desktop!