Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneShop 3.0 (import/export artwork files 3.0)

I am stuck. I can extract the other.artwork file. But after I have changed the desired icons and press the 'import' button nothing happens, and the original other.artwork file is still unmodified.

So how do I create a other.artwork files with the new edited images included?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdeye View Post
    I am stuck. I can extract the other.artwork file. But after I have changed the desired icons and press the 'import' button nothing happens, and the original other.artwork file is still unmodified.

So how do I create a other.artwork files with the new edited images included?
    When you do import.bat, the new other.artwork is in the other folder, to keep the original one untouched in case you messed up something.

Thanks, and btw I got a work-around for the icon gloss-layer problem and the weird black rendering thing:

Like some noticed it only happens with the icons which are located in the /private/var/mobile/Applications folder and the icons which are installed through cydia are changed correctly.

So now we need to copy the .app folder in /private/var/mobile/Applications to regular system/cydia location, /private/var/stash/Applications. (note: the .app folder is located in the map which has a lot of numbers, like 8CCFAA45-1D03-4026-8420-858D74B11DC6 for IM+). I also changed the permissions of the complete .app map to 775, but i`m not sure if that is really needed.

Because we do not need to have both apps installed, we need to delete the ''old'' folder in the /private/var/mobile/Applications.

After that you can replace the ''icon.png'' and respring. The gloss layer including the black surrounding box is gone, just like all the other system and cydia apps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdeye For This Useful Post:

pablogiorgini (08-21-2009)

Wow. Indeed this might work out, but what happens when you want to uninstall an application?

I don't think that's such a good idea to mess up with things like that

Hmm, i modefied my keyboard common and keyboard latin with macbook air keyboar, but the problem is that although the images are replaced when i import them in cmd it says : imported 0 images. Anybody know why?? I copy pasted all the png files in the macbook air keybord theme into the keyboard common and keyboard latin folders, clicked yes to all and all the images where replaced with the ones in macbook air. So the question is what did i do wrong??And why don't the images import?? Any ideeas?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm posting in this thread because you guys are doing exactly what i want....eventually haha... What about changing the lock clock font color? is this possible with out winterboard?

One day i'd love to theme my phone using the MAC UI theme WITHOUT winterboard i just wish my photoshop skillz were a little better.

thanks guys!

Thanks for this very useful tool. I finally got my phone the way I want it. Very appreciated.

Darn :'(.

When I saw tha iPhoneShop was compatible with 3.0, I was extremely happy, but not anymore.

The main reason I was happy was that I thought I'd be able to change the keyboard (finally), since Winterboard can't do it, but I guess there's still no way to change it . I noticed that when importing the Keyboard-Latin file, it only put in 18 files instead of the 150 or so.

Does anyone know how to change the keyboard images?

And I also know that not all of my Other.artwork files were imported. Maybe the source for iPhoneShop wasn't coded right for 3.0? I wish there was a program similar to WinRAR that could just open them right up with no problems.

I'm also having problems with transparency. Look at this screenshot here: Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

I replaced the progress gear images with the one from the beach ball loader package from Cydia, and you can see some pixels around the edges of the image, as if it were square. Hard to explain, but yeah .

Really tempted to reinstall Winterboard, but I don't wanna sacrifice performance again. Even having it installed makes things like respringing a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Okay, here is Artworker 3.0 for Mac. Just extract the zip and double-click on the app. It includes a Read Me in case you need instructions. Essentially, just drag and drop a .artwork file on the app and it will create a new folder with all images inside. Edit those images or copy edited files into that folder, then drop the folder back on the app and the images in that folder will be returned to the artwork file.

If a mod sees this and wants to put it somewhere else, feel free to move it to the appropriate thread.
    Does absolutely nothing.

I drag Other.artwork into it, it opens up in the dock, then the java thing opens up, acts as if it's extracting files, but when it goes away, there's no new folder anywhere.
    Last edited by gggguest; 08-13-2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't know what you are talking about. I just dragged the ArtWorker 3 app to the desktop and dragged a copy of the FW 3.0 Other.artwork file to the desktop. Then dragged the Other.artwork onto ArtWorker 3 and it created a new folder on the desktop called "Other.artwork pngs" with 624 images inside. It works absolutely flawlessly on my Mac. I wouldn't know how to fix something that isn't broken.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Not sure why it's not working for me... I drag the .artwork in there, it does some stuff, and there's no new folder on my desktop... Maybe you can screen share and see for yourself?

This program is genius. Thank you so much!

Can anyone tell me if you can replace the background image for apps such as music when you're browsing through songs?

I'm still getting the error Java is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I installed the latest java but no luck. also ran in compatibility and administrator mode but nothing. any other suggestions?

You have to install JDK to run JAVA commands. Java SE Downloads - Sun Developer Network (SDN)

I'm having a problem with the emoji artwork, when I try to export it says unsupported artwork file but the exporting works the Latin and common artworks. I know emoji only works for 2.2 but I have freemoji and it works on my 3.0.1 so I thought if I used the old jar it might work, so I used 1.22 and 1.22.4 but still no dice. I really want this to work, help?

Question iPhoneShop working on 3.1.2 FW??
    Hello, atm I'm still on 3.0 firmware but I'm going to upgrde to 3.1.2.
    Is iPhoneShop working on 3.1.2 other.artwork or not?
    I'd like to maintain the winterboard free-customization I'm using now ...

the script for artworker app 3.0 seems to have a little problem
    no problem with exporting, but I can't import back because when I add the pngs folder into the app it still asks for a correct file type. I am no scipter,but i tried changing the string asking for the name that ends with "pngs" but still no go,can anyone fix it for me?
    and I dont get it,people download the same link but some claimed their's worked while the script is obviously wrong?

The app works fine. I cannot fix anything that isn't broken. I can easily drop a folder on AW3 and it will pack the artwork file. I should say that this is only tested with FW 3.0 files. I have not tried 3.1 or later.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

Guys, has anyone successfully used this method to port matte ui onto the other.artwork? That is what i am wanting to do, but want to see if anyone has been successful in doing that or something similar .

i have made one for FW3.0, and i post on a chinese forum. [url=http://bbs.weiphone.com/read-htm-tid-563600.html[/url]
    you can go have a look...

Does this work with FW 3.1.2? I successfully exported the artwork files, replaced the page indicators, then ran the import.bat. I get no error but the files i added dont actually get added to the .artwork file. Anyone know if this does work or if there is another method/program for doing this?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast