Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneShop 3.0 (import/export artwork files 3.0)

I can't get this to work in Windows 7 or Vista. I keep telling me that it can't read the jarfile. Anybody got a fix or solution?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I can't get this to work in Windows 7 or Vista. I keep telling me that it can't read the jarfile. Anybody got a fix or solution?
    have you tried running in compatibility mode and as administrator?

I have gotten the export to work but if I edit an image it doesnt import that image into the new artwork file. It completely skips the file during the import, saying it only imported 623 files instead of all 624, and when I export the new artwork file the file is present but unchanged

still need to know
    Last edited by moerderwolf; 07-10-2009 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by leijae View Post
    have you tried running in compatibility mode and as administrator?
    I have and it doesn't change anything. It says in the window that pops up it's for firmware up to 2.2. Not 3.0. The jar file is iphoneshop 1.3. Is there a newer version or something? I can't get it to work at all. This is what I'm getting. I've run it under Parallels and in Bootcamp using Windows 7 and Vista. All have the exact same problem!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-3.png   -picture-4.png  
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-11-2009 at 02:38 PM.

KartRacer: Have you installed in vista or Windows 7 the java runtime downloadable from java.com: Java + You

moerderwolf: Have you changed the size of the image you are trying to import back? The images must remain the same height and width as the original png file. I use Paint shop pro to edit the images and they work fine. And as far as i know Photoshop too.

HI@all

I have a Problem with iphoneshop 3.0 and the FW 3.0 Artwork Files

1. I export the Images from the Artwork Files.
    2. I edit them in Photoshop!
    3. I import the edit images.
    4. I copy the Artwork Files on the iPhone.
    5. Respring or Reboot

The Problem is that the new Images doesn't display!?!
    After reboot the Original Theme is still there!

I have do that so many times...

Whats wrong? Can you help me?

anyone know of a list that describes what files are what in the .artwork files like other.artwork? it'd really help. like what file controls what

Quote Originally Posted by praim24 View Post
    HI@all

I have a Problem with iphoneshop 3.0 and the FW 3.0 Artwork Files

1. I export the Images from the Artwork Files.
    2. I edit them in Photoshop!
    3. I import the edit images.
    4. I copy the Artwork Files on the iPhone.
    5. Respring or Reboot

The Problem is that the new Images doesn't display!?!
    After reboot the Original Theme is still there!

I have do that so many times...

Whats wrong? Can you help me?
    same problem I know that they import into the other file but they dont change when I put them into the iphone

The big question is whether we are actually modifying the artwork files correctly. The Keyboard-Latin.artwork file is 17 MB in size. Extracting the pngs results in a folder of 1.7 MB. What else is in that artwork file? A duplicate set of keyboards?
    Come visit AlohaSoft

10. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Ice9812 (07-15-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    The big question is whether we are actually modifying the artwork files correctly. The Keyboard-Latin.artwork file is 17 MB in size. Extracting the pngs results in a folder of 1.7 MB. What else is in that artwork file? A duplicate set of keyboards?
    that is interesting to know....
    was the file size difference like that in previous firmwares?
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

Well, I guess I will have to shoot down my own theory. Here are the sizes of the Latin keyboard of 2.2 and 3.0:

Original 2.2 = 27,252,736 bytes
    Original 3.0 = 18,499,584 bytes

So 3.0 lacks some of the images we had in 2.2 and that is reflected in the smaller size of the artwork file. It is also reflected in the actual PNG folder sizes:

PNGs 2.2 = 2,455,626 bytes (11.1%)
    PNGs 3.0 = 1,534,730 bytes (12.1%)

So these are roughly equivalent. The next numbers are crucial though. They are the sizes of zipped artwork files:

ZIP 2.2 = 2,421,870
    ZIP 3.0 = 1,505,856

Since PNGs are already compressed, it is clear that the artwork file's true content is essentially all the PNGs we can extract and the bulk of the file is just padding zeroes. Unfortunately, there are no hidden images in those files...
    Come visit AlohaSoft

13. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Ice9812 (07-16-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

i cannot get this thing to work on my Mac... anyone have any advice?

Okay, here is Artworker 3.0 for Mac. Just extract the zip and double-click on the app. It includes a Read Me in case you need instructions. Essentially, just drag and drop a .artwork file on the app and it will create a new folder with all images inside. Edit those images or copy edited files into that folder, then drop the folder back on the app and the images in that folder will be returned to the artwork file.

If a mod sees this and wants to put it somewhere else, feel free to move it to the appropriate thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by armadillo; 07-16-2009 at 01:03 AM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

brandon250r (08-06-2009), PSYC0TIC ONE (07-16-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Okay, here is Artworker 3.0 for Mac. Just extract the zip and double-click on the app. It includes a Read Me in case you need instructions. Essentially, just drag and drop a .artwork file on the app and it will create a new folder with all images inside. Edit those images or copy edited files into that folder, then drop the folder back on the app and the images in that folder will be returned to the artwork file.

If a mod sees this and wants to put it somewhere else, feel free to move it to the appropriate thread.
    you are THE MAN... wish i would have refreshed this post a few minutes ago...

i just used the write up in the "wiki" section here for an older version of iPhoneShop and that worked like a champ... i couldn't get the .bat files to open correctly in the mac, i tried using console to open them but, it didn't do anything... figured it out

i will definitely use this...

oh, and FYI, i had no luck with the Keyboard either hopefully soon this will change!!!! where else could the files be to change them?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Could somebody please post a link to a guide on how to use this?

All I want to do is make it so that there is no shadow and overlay on the App Store icons. I exported the pngs and editted the 3 files using PS. Imported and then SSH'd other.artwork to iPhone. Rebooted AND respring but the icons don't change. Can somebody tell me the proper steps to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

^^^^

I'm having the same problem. Would be awesome if someone had a fix.
    Another thanks in advance!

edit: zeflash over at Macthemes, claims to have succesfully removed the overlay-gloss:

Quote Originally Posted by zeflash
    Edit:
    by the way, I'm editing each info.plist to turn off the prerendering flag - otherwise I'm getting a glass overlay that doesn't look that good - but which weirdly enough hasn't a black background!
    Although, I can't get that hack to work either, anyone else got any luck with that?

edit2: Got it! (credit goes to zeflash)

Below is a quick fix to removing the gloss effect, so slightly offtopic as I'm just teaching the iPhone to ignore the AppIconOverlay.png file, not really telling it to render the new one.

1/ For each icon to un-gloss, add a UIPrerenderedIcon attribute to its Info.plist, and set the boolean value to true.
    In XML:
    <key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key>
    <true\>

2/ Delete the icon caches, located at /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches

3/ Respring
    Last edited by ccaroline; 07-31-2009 at 05:11 AM.

Well, about the glossy overlay, I'd like to actually do like winterboard (like someone already mentioned) but without winterboard. Changing the templates makes more sense than to edit each and every info.plist, right?

I copied the AppIcon* from the UImage folder in a winterboard theme (matte nano) to replace the ones from other.artwork, import, put back the file onto the iphone, and upon respring and clear cache, I end up with this:

Obviously, there's a transparency issue like people previously mentioned. IT kinda look like the R, G and B channels need to be pre-multiplied by the alpha channel? I'll have to do some tests. If someone can figure out what to do to prevent that, please please *please* tell us!

Edit:
    Well, I fixed issue 1), the white lines on the left & right - I just added an overall 1% black transparent layer onto the AppIconShadow.png - and boom, white is gone. Kind of a hack, but it looks much better now
    Just need to figure out the overlay now!
    Last edited by Zeflash; 07-31-2009 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Partial solution

I've experienced the same after you told me to clear the caches, quickly changed back to the default Other.artwork :$

I'd love to see this fixed as well, but I won't be toying around within my iPhone's filesystem for a few days now . I'm sure you're close.

Ok KennyTm Has found out that the new 3.0 Os doesn't use the Images in the keyboard artwork files but instead uses code from the uikit file to create the geometry of the keyboards (vector graphics), maybe for compatability with next generation apple products (iTablet?).
    The Code contains instructions on how to build each key of the keyboard and depending on the size of the keyboard the keys will be scaled to fit in it. So the bigger the keyboadr the bigger the keys itself.
    For more info goto here: networkpx Project Blog

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast