+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Want to make a Theme

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Greetings all, I'm interested in making a theme for my soon to arrive iPhone. I have read a lot of threads and advice on skinning, theme creation but there is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I Want to make a Theme
    Greetings all,

I'm interested in making a theme for my soon to arrive iPhone.
    I have read a lot of threads and advice on skinning, theme creation but there is so much information and it changes so fast that I'm totally confused.

I think I have a handle on creating the carrier and slide logos. I'm wondering about the Dock and homepage background though. I'm not sure I want to make icons yet.

What size does the dock need to be?
    Is there an easy way to change the homepage background yet? If so, is there a guide?
    What other things can I change that would work well with a theme?

I'm about to retire from the Air Force and think an AF theme could have lots of potential. (F-22 slider, blue and silver stuff, etc...) I do have some skills with CS3, just need some iPhone direction.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

what i would suggest is creating the theme with summerboard and the customize program in mind. for summerboard, you can find the specs for the pics at http://www.apptapp.com/summerboard. i think a good AF theme would be awesome and a good addition to the iphone community. i need to find some time to convert my themes to summerboard.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I really can't wait to get my phone. I'm currently in Baghdad, and shipping is taking a looooong time.

I will definetely play with Summerboard when it gets here. I'm working on icons/sliders and wallpapers already. Guess I'll just make straight png's, nothing special...cool.