Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with status bar on theme

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Help with status bar on theme
    I have a theme installed on my phone and everything is good on the status bar

but whenever I go into any app the status bar changes to grey and leaves my font white, so as you can see it is very hard to tell the time/info.

any way to keep it in black even in the applications?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theguy386 View Post
    I have a theme installed on my phone and everything is good on the status bar but whenever I go into any app the status bar changes to grey and leaves my font white, so as you can see it is very hard to tell the time/info.

any way to keep it in black even in the applications?
    Create a black image that is 5x20px and name it Default_BG.png, FSO_BG.png, and FST_BG.png and place them inside your theme's com.apple.springboard folder. That should take care of it.
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

theguy386 (06-02-2009)

Thanks

that did it, thanks

Thanks

that did it, thanks
    No problem man.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

Quote Originally Posted by iTJ View Post
    Create a black image that is 5x20px and name it Default_BG.png, FSO_BG.png, and FST_BG.png and place them inside your theme's com.apple.springboard folder. That should take care of it.
    I have winterboard and I don't have springboard. How do I use your instructions specific for winterboard to change the color of the status bar?

Also, I read somewhere that the status bar has to be 320x20 pixels. Why do you say it's got to be 5x20 pixels?

Thanks.

Last edited by obla; 06-06-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Thanks

springboard is just the main screen you see (your iphone desktop as it were). When you have a theme you'll have your "Icons" folder, "Bundles" folder, "UIImages" folder, etc.. If you were to open up the "Bundles" folder you might or might not have a "com.apple.springboard" folder (if you dont just make a new folder), in which case you drop the 5x20px image you created into it. What that little image will so is fill the whole top status bar by repeating itself on its own. Now once you activate whichever theme you put all of that into (in winterboard) you will now have the status bar in the color in which you made it. Makes sense?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,193 Times in 6,207 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obla View Post

Also, I read somewhere that the status bar has to be 320x20 pixels. Why do you say it's got to be 5x20 pixels?

Thanks.

I believe you are correct in the size it should be, at least that is what worked for me when I changed mine.
    Your springboard is what your icons sit on, you have one.
    To accomplish this you will need to SSH into your theme and make the changes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

iChick (06-06-2009)

Thanks

Thanks.
    The status bar can be either size. blkcadi and theguy386 are both correct. I just chose the 5x20px in this case, because the theguy386 was just wanting to create a solid black status bar, because the status bar text is white. If you check out the complete stock iPhone theme that can be downloaded from this site, the stock status bar images are 5x20px. You can create a image that 320x20px and it will work just fine. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (06-06-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTJ View Post
    The status bar can be either size. blkcadi and theguy386 are both correct. I just chose the 5x20px in this case, because the theguy386 was just wanting to create a solid black status bar, because the status bar text is white. If you check out the complete stock iPhone theme that can be downloaded from this site, the stock status bar images are 5x20px. You can create a image that 320x20px and it will work just fine. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
    The problem I had is when I changed all 3 to black, the text was also black on pages that were suppose to be a white status bar and made it kinda hard to see. I never figured how to turn the black text white, but it still looked pretty cool so I've kept it that way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    The problem I had is when I changed all 3 to black, the text was also black on pages that were suppose to be a white status bar and made it kinda hard to see. I never figured how to turn the black text white, but it still looked pretty cool so I've kept it that way.
    It's not too bad changing the text color, but it sometimes can be a pain when changing the images in the status bar to keep it the same throughout though. I also use a dark status bar.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

Thanks

How would you change the text to white? I'd like to know.
    Not that it's a big deal as I stated, I kinda dig it.
    Just like to have that info.

Thanks

How would you change the text to white? I'd like to know.
    Not that it's a big deal as I stated, I kinda dig it.
    Just like to have that info.
    Yeah no problem. Say if you were wanting to change the text color of the time to stay white all the time. Edit the info.plist like this:
    Code:
    <key>TimeStyle</key>
    <string>color: white</string>
    That and the weather temp are the only two (that I'm aware of) that will need to be edited through a plist file to stay a certain color (the weather temp will be edited through the com.ashman.WeatherIcon.plist file).

The rest of the stuff on the status bar are all images and will have to be edited through something like Photoshop.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (06-06-2009)

Thanks

thx, so simple too. You were a great help.

springboard is just the main screen you see (your iphone desktop as it were). When you have a theme you'll have your "Icons" folder, "Bundles" folder, "UIImages" folder, etc.. If you were to open up the "Bundles" folder you might or might not have a "com.apple.springboard" folder (if you dont just make a new folder), in which case you drop the 5x20px image you created into it. What that little image will so is fill the whole top status bar by repeating itself on its own. Now once you activate whichever theme you put all of that into (in winterboard) you will now have the status bar in the color in which you made it. Makes sense?
    theguy386, I got it to work as per your instructions. Thank you so much. But I got 2 questions for you:

1) How can I make the status bar semi transparent? Right now, I changed it to a solid dark grey. But I want to make it semi-transparent on the springboard, as long as it stays solid in the apps.

2) Also, in some apps like, calendar and ipod, the fonts in the status bar get very white (unlike in other apps where the font is off white). And the tmobile logo gets grey (which matches the status bar color, not good) and the Edge symbol has a white shadow. Mind you, this only happens in some apps. At any rate, how can I make the status bar have the same look in springboard and in all apps?

Thanks

thx, so simple too. You were a great help.
    You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

Thanks

theguy386, I got it to work as per your instructions. Thank you so much. But I got 2 questions for you:

1) How can I make the status bar semi transparent? Right now, I changed it to a solid dark grey. But I want to make it semi-transparent on the springboard, as long as it stays solid in the apps.

2) Also, in some apps like, calendar and ipod, the fonts in the status bar get very white (unlike in other apps where the font is off white). And the tmobile logo gets grey (which matches the status bar color, not good) and the Edge symbol has a white shadow. Mind you, this only happens in some apps. At any rate, how can I make the status bar have the same look in springboard and in all apps?

It gets to be a pain trying to figure how to keep the status bar semi-transparent on the springboard with out it doing the same in some apps. Some of the apps use the springboard status bar and others do not. There are three status bar images: Default _BG.png, FSO_BG.png, and FST_BG.png. Apps can use any of the three and the way some of the app are designed the status bar can be overrided by another. I just stuck with a solid status bar throughout my theme, it makes life easier. As for the T-Mobile and EDGE icons, they are images, not text, and those will have to be edited as well. I'm not 100% on the image names, but I think they are: Default_EDGE.png, FSO_EDGE.png, Default_CARRIER.png, and FSO_CARRIER.png.

Hope this helps.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

Hey, is there something i'm doing wrong? i've been trying to change the font/color of the time in my status bar, and for some reason it's not changing. here's my info.plist that is located in mytheme.theme (is that the right place??)
    thanks for your help

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0"><dict>

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: Courier-Bold; font-size: 13px; color: #00FF00;</string>

<key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: MarkerFelt-Wide; font-size: 13px; color: #2EFEF7;</string>

<key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string>color:#190707;font-size: 30px;font-weight: bold; #A61FD7 1px 2px 3px;</string>

<key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>color: #190707; font-size: 11px;</string>

<key>FontName-.Lock Clock</key>
    <string>MarkerFelt-Wide</string>

<key>TimeStyle</key>
    <string>color: red</string>

</dict></plist>

iPhone? More like MyPhone bryberg's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty sure you have to use the color code, not the word "red", try putting in #a50808

If you dont like that shade, use the color picker in photoshop to pick a new one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picker.png  

Yea, thanks. i tried that as well, still not working. I'm wondering if it's because i have a 2g ipod..