Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where do I begin?

Default Where do I begin?
    Hey, idk if this has been addressed before or not but I want to create a theme and I was curious as to where to start, like what size images should I use, what type, how to get the default icons off of my phone, etc.?
    I have both Mac and Windows so a little tutorial for either would be great!
    I have a 1.1.4 8GB iPhone unlocked via ZiPhone
    I'm sure I have all the necessary tools needed to begin such as
    Photoshop CS3 (for my mac and windows)
    Cyberduck
    WinSCP
    iPhoneBrowser
    WiFi Connection
    Etc.

Thanks in advance!

As far as where u should start is fully up tp u, umm lets see what I can remember off the top of my head.... the files (images) are .png's so they would all have to be that format

size wise u can go 59x60, 60x60 or Ive seen some be as large as 80x80 which is kinda large in my taste but works. Wallpaper size is 320x480 U dont have to "get rid" of the default icons u can simply overwrite them (always make urself a backup incase) (use iphonebrowser it e-z'er "in my opinion")

Ez'est way to have an entire theme is to create a summerboard theme. To make a long story short create all ur icons and name them the same as the app, make a dock & wallpaper throw em in summerboard and voila!
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

blacksti (03-12-2008)

ok, ok, um following but say I get all my images frim photoshop, then what? Where do I actually "make"the summerboard?
    Thnx

if you have SummerBoard for the iPhone. Make a new folder in "the /var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes" called "mytheme" or what ever. and there you can put in Wallpaper.png (for the wallpaper) Dock.png for the dock. and an Icon-Folder where you put all icons in. The icons name have to match the name on the Homescreen.
    e.g. Safari -> Safari.png, Installer -> Installer.png. And so on.

click thanks if i could help you out.
    A*obe CS3 by ubik "teh CS3 iPhone theme":
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48371

My FW way:
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 locked ->1.0.2 JB/unlocked ->1.1.1 JB/unlocked. ->1.1.2 JB/locked fxxcked up not booting ->
    1.1.1 JB/unlocked ->1.1.2 JB/unlocked ->update to 1.1.3 JB/unlocked ->1.1.3 JB/unlocked fxxcked up, spinning wheel of death ->
    restore 1.1.3-> 1.1.3 JB/unlocked.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ubik For This Useful Post:

CBR^1 (03-13-2008)