Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Rant! short and sweet...

Default Theme Rant! short and sweet...
    Transparent/Opaque icons on a specific wallpaper/background does not qualify as a theme!

They look cheesy and poorly thrown together and frankly it's humiliating and I feel sorry for anyone who has the above described "theme".

Get creative people, sheesh.

(If you're not sure what I mean, well thats too bad. I would post examples but that would be a **** move on my part.)

here are all post's by J00sh whining on this forum
    http://modmyi.com/forums/search.php?searchid=174116

I don't see you contributing anything. Get a life
    Hit Thanks!

If you contribute a few "themes" and post them up here, then I'll maybe take you seriously. Until then, just stop ******** before you look more like a dumb ***.

Haha. Maybe I should've noted that this post wasn't intended for the faint of heart. I actually had my own design company and have done work for several bands. But, that is besides the point...

The point is: Anyone who knows anything about design and aesthetics knows that these so called "themes" are a few too many miles far from being well created.

Haha you're right. I don't contribute that much, partly because...I HAVE A LIFE.

It's called working 9-5, 5 days a week. So you my friend are the one who needs a life. Get a job ya bum. Wait, you probably aren't even of age to get a job. Well....****.

lol this guys a joke...
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

I work 10 hrs a day..6-7 days a week.. And I STILL find time to do a little here and there. I understand your arguement.. But usually only the ignorant and untalented have the nerves to actually say something.,, and in a forum? C'mon.
    The goal of all this is to network and help the less talented. Give them praise and they will gain the confidence to get better. Give them guides and they will take the time to learn.. If you noticed and actually read around.. everybody is on here asking/learning/and trying to create things.
    If you were really that good.. you might take 2 mins and help someone instead of posting this which just makes me think your really not that great.
    Actually..............
    Quote Originally Posted by j00sh View Post
    .............................had my own design company
    That pretty much sums it up
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

So lets see the totally awesome custom theme you must be running.

You know, so we know what a "real" theme looks like.

... actually had my own design company and have done work for several bands. But, that is besides the point...
    If you have enough time to whine, you have enough time to impress us with your amazing design skillz.

**** or get off the pot.

Put up or shut up.

Love it or leave it.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Transparent/Opaque icons on a specific wallpaper/background does not qualify as a theme!

They look cheesy and poorly thrown together and frankly it's humiliating and I feel sorry for anyone who has the above described "theme".

Get creative people, sheesh.

(If you're not sure what I mean, well thats too bad. I would post examples but that would be a **** move on my part.)
    If only one person downloads and uses one of your so-called "cheesy" themes, then the effort was worth it. This is a forum for iPhone users and all their different situations and needs; it's not here solely for your satisfaction. So get off your high horse before you get a nosebleed and upload one of your obviously legendary themes to show us what a design god you are...

All of this makes me giggle. Unless someone contradicts my first statement then none of your comments are valid. Rebuttle people, rebuttle.

All of this makes me giggle. Unless someone contradicts my first statement then none of your comments are valid. Rebuttle people, rebuttle.
    I can't believe you're that much of a tool. I mean, Christ!

Listen Rembrandt, people contribute to their level of capability or desire. You don't like it, then don't install it.

Pretty simple really.

Go attention-whore somewhere else.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright...

Transparent/Opaque icons on a specific wallpaper/background qualifies as a theme!

And what the hell is a rebuttle? Is it when you buttle something again?

First of all. You dont even know the meaning of opaque do you? Im gonna help you out before I move on with this..
    –adjective
    1. not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through

That means... You can't see through it. Opacity is the level off of 100% that it goes "transparent".
    So you might wanna take the "Opaque" Part off. Regaurdless of what you "rebuttle" with, And try to compensate for.. What you were thinking when you wrote that has nothing to do with the definition "MR. Graphic Designer"

Next off... ooOOOooo This theme I did 2 months ago has "transparent" icons.. and a wallpaper.. Does that make it not a theme?

Stop already. Transparent Icons and a Wallpaper Does equal a homescreen theme.
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

damn this a brutal thread ...whoa!!!!

Your theme Loring is one step closer to a theme.

Read the discussion here and you will see that some people actually agree with this "Mr. Graphic Designer"

^^These are the transparent Icons I was referring to before you all jump to conclusions. These icons are portrayed on all of these backgrounds where the icons have nothing to do with the background. THAT to me is not considered a theme. Trying to make the background more visible so it can bring out the likeness of a theme is not the same as having relevant icons match your background.

(no disrespect to the original creator...I realize some people dont have the ability or are just starting out...but this is NOT a theme to me.)

A theme in graphics or art, is a unifying piece displaying a central idea or "them" in my definition.

Your "Matrix" theme has some icons that follow the central idea while others do not. Therefore, your theme...is closer to what people should look for in a theme.

You people seriously need to calm down, you'll cause yourself to stress and end up with high blood pressure.

I thought you people could react like adults. Obviously you guys aren't used to rants? I was expecting people to disagree but not be crude and over the top. Sheeeeesh.

I still don't get what you're trying to accomplish. Nobody cares what you or I think about what a theme is or isn't. They are going to get a wallpaper and throw some transparent icons on it and call it a theme if they want. You and your little rant thread are not going to change that. So you creating this thread does absolutely nothing. All of your posts contain the words me and my...there are billions of people in the world and all of them but you couldn't care less about j00sh's definition of a theme.

Just voicing an opinion. I respect yours.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i agree with both LoringStudios and j00sh. My skill in graphics is nothing in comparison to LoringStudios and I bow to his abilities. but I have made a few themes that I consider to be complete with sounds and everything. I think j00sh has a point to a degree. The wallpaper-and-icon themes for summerboard and iswitcher may not be complete themes but they are still themes and the creaters deserve credit and appreciation for themes that they create. i work a good 100 hours per week and still manage to make a few themes. I love how Summerboard and such has made it much easier for us to create themes and they just need tweaking to add the rest of the stuff to the themes to make switching themes better and safer. Everyone, especially LoringStudios, keep up the great work!!!!

There is nothing horribly original about my themes but i personally like them and lots of other people like them and i feel they are creative. And there are many out there that are.

lets not forget that these are all free and ppl are taking time out of there lives to share their artistic and technical abilities with the rest of the community. We should acknowledge and appreciate that!!!