Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Removing the top and bottom grey bars on lock screen

  1. #1
    Default Removing the top and bottom grey bars on lock screen
    Is there any way to remove the top and bottom grey bars on the lock screen?

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North Augusta, SC
    Posts
    527
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 287 Times in 196 Posts

    This is how I did it, but there may be other ways to achieve the same goal. For the bottom bar I created a transparent image that was 1x96 pixels and named it bottombarbkgndlock.png, then placed it in the com.apple.TelephonyUI folder. For the top bar make a copy of the previous image, but name it UILCDBackground.png and place it the UIImages folder. You can also get rid the background image on the lockscreen that appears behind the iPod controls. To do so, create a transparent image that is 1x156 pixels and name it SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png, then place it in the com.apple.springboard folder. That should make the bars on the lockscreen disappear!!

    Cheers!!!

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

    kungfuchicken (05-04-2009), richiow (10-08-2010)

  4. #3
    Worked perfectly, thanks!

  5. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North Augusta, SC
    Posts
    527
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 287 Times in 196 Posts

    You're welcome. Good Luck modding.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by iTJ View Post
    This is how I did it, but there may be other ways to achieve the same goal. For the bottom bar I created a transparent image that was 1x96 pixels and named it bottombarbkgndlock.png, then placed it in the com.apple.TelephonyUI folder. For the top bar make a copy of the previous image, but name it UILCDBackground.png and place it the UIImages folder. You can also get rid the background image on the lockscreen that appears behind the iPod controls. To do so, create a transparent image that is 1x156 pixels and name it SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png, then place it in the com.apple.springboard folder. That should make the bars on the lockscreen disappear!!

    Cheers!!!
    Hi!
    it's there a way of doing this without winterboard?
    i cant find the directory

    thanks!

  7. #6
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    31,054
    Thanks
    3,887
    Thanked 10,066 Times in 6,150 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pablogiorgini View Post
    Hi!
    it's there a way of doing this without winterboard?
    i cant find the directory

    thanks!
    The method described above is without winterboard. It is accomplished by using an SSH tool like WinSCp/PC or DiskAid/Mac.
    You can also accomplish this in winterboard by using an app in Cydia called "Best Clear Lockscreen".

  8. #7
    great!
    but, where is the com.apple.TelephonyUI folder?

    this method also work in 3.0 fw or i have to modify artwork files?

  9. #8
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    31,054
    Thanks
    3,887
    Thanked 10,066 Times in 6,150 Posts

    that would be within your theme folder
    theme/bundles/com.apple.telephonyUI

  10. #9
    I guess i was'n clear.
    I know how to do it with winterboard.
    But i upgrade to 3.0 and i don't want to install winterboard because the memory consume and lag.
    So i try to theme without winterboard. And i don't know where is the bundles/com.apple.telephonyUI folder, to replace the SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png

    any one knows how to do this?

  11. #10
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    31,054
    Thanks
    3,887
    Thanked 10,066 Times in 6,150 Posts

    I just gave you the path.

  12. #11
    but the theme folder isnt't for winterboard only?

    there is no theme/bundles/com.apple.telephonyUI in the root.

    only Library\themes but is for winterboard. And i don't have installed.
    I'm looking to change the images without using winterboard theme's.

    theming without winterboard

  13. #12
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    31,054
    Thanks
    3,887
    Thanked 10,066 Times in 6,150 Posts

    Ok, then follow this link and read, you should be able to find it.

  14. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North Augusta, SC
    Posts
    527
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 287 Times in 196 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pablogiorgini View Post
    Hi!
    it's there a way of doing this without winterboard?
    i cant find the directory

    thanks!
    Ok if you're wanting to do this without WinterBoard, this is what you need to do. First before altering the original images I would recommend making a backup of them just in case to want to go back to the original look. 2 of the 3 images are easy to change, but the last one is a pain.

    Bottom bar behind slider:
    Same dimensions, same file name as my first post (bottombarbkgndlock.png / 1x96px)
    The new file will be placed in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework

    Bar behind iPod controls on lockscreen:
    Same dimension, same file name (SBLockScreenControlsLCD.png / 1x156px)
    The new file will be placed in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

    The last and final image is a pain. I can tell you what you need to do, but I haven't personally done this (I haven't had any problems with WinterBoard, I try not to have a lot of themes going on at once).

    The last image can be found in: /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework
    The next file you be looking for is called Other.artwork. This is were it gets fun. Inside the .artwork file are a bunch of small .png files crammed together. You'll need a program like iPhoneShop to be able to pull the .artwork file apart just to see the .png images. From there you'll have to go through each file to find the one you want to edit. The bad thing about this is that the images don't have a proper name like UILCDBackground.png when using WinterBoard. The names consist of letters and numbers. Once you find the proper file and mod it, you'll have to use that same program (iPhoneShop) to combine the .png files back into a .artwork file and it has to be named Other.artwork. Place it back where you got it and you'll be done.

    I hope this helps you. Sorry if the last step is a little confusing. I tried to explain it the best way I could think of.
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

    Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

    pablogiorgini (07-01-2009)

  16. #14
    Excelente Answer iTJ !

    Really appreciate!

    Done this one (/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework)

    And yesterday was reading somethings about decompress Other.artwork but now i'm going to try it!

    recently found this great post. And i give a try
    Massive list of .artwork files and what they edit on the phone

    also want to change the keyboard so...

    the only thing that remains to change is the lock image on my liveclok.
    Still showing the standard.

    Thanks a lot!

  17. #15
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North Augusta, SC
    Posts
    527
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 287 Times in 196 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pablogiorgini View Post
    Excelente Answer iTJ !

    Really appreciate!

    Done this one (/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework)

    And yesterday was reading somethings about decompress Other.artwork but now i'm going to try it!

    recently found this great post. And i give a try
    Massive list of .artwork files and what they edit on the phone

    also want to change the keyboard so...

    the only thing that remains to change is the lock image on my liveclok.
    Still showing the standard.

    Thanks a lot!
    No problem. Let me know how it turns out.
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

    Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

  18. #16
    Thanks a lot!
    i finally made it!

    some one post me the other.artwork.

    here is the link for anyone that need it

    Artwork.rar

    i guess i fail on the creation of the png

    Thanks a lot guys!

  19. #17
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North Augusta, SC
    Posts
    527
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 287 Times in 196 Posts

    Cool deal! I'm glad it all worked for you.

  20. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pablogiorgini View Post
    Thanks a lot!
    i finally made it!

    some one post me the other.artwork.

    here is the link for anyone that need it

    Artwork.rar

    i guess i fail on the creation of the png

    Thanks a lot guys!
    Can you or someone else who has cleared the lock background reupload it again ( the link does not work anymore)?
    that other.artwork file is like a pain in my as*.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ereptor; 12-14-2009 at 01:20 PM.

  21. #19
    lol i get so confused with all this stuff

  22. #20
    Try cydia's clear lockscreen mod?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •