+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Complete List of Info.plist keys for Winterboard

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Complete List of Info.plist keys for Winterboard
    OK, this is getting ridiculous… I have never seen something requested so many times without a single attempt at an answer from this community (The whole jb community, not just this site, cause I have searched EVERYWHERE for this) So seeing as how an “official” response is unlikely in the near future, let’s try and get this thread to at least centralize as much info as possible. Here is what I have found so far for the main Infol.plist for a winterboard theme.

1.) Key – “BadgeStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description – Modifies the Notification Badge that appears above the SMS, Email, Phone, etc. apps. Can change font, color, position, etc.

2.) Key – “CalendarIconDateStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description – Modifies the Calendar Icon Date. Can change font, color, position, etc.

3.) Key – “CalendarIconDayStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description – Modifies the Calendar Icon Day. Can change font, color, position, etc.

4.) Key – “ComposeStoreIcons”
    String – “True” or “False”
    Description – True imposes the “rounding” affect to icons (also known as rapping). False bypasses those UIImages to allow for custom icons to not be affected by this process.

5.) Key – “DockedIconLabelStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description - Modifies the docked icon label style. Can change font, color, position, etc.

6.) Key – “UndockedIconLabelStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description - Modifies the undocked icon label style. Can change font, color, position, etc.

7.) Key – “StatusBarMode”
    String – “0”, “1”, “2”, or “3”
    Description – Forces the use of only one of the three status bars. “0” defaults the “Default_BG” status bar, “1” defaults the FST_BG status bar, and “2” or “3” defaults to the FSO_BG status bar.

8.) Key – “StatusBarContentsMode”
    String – “0”, “2”, or “3”
    Description – Forces the use of only one of the two sets of status bars icons (the little icons that appear on the status bar). “0” defaults the “Default_BG” status bar icons, and “2” or “3” defaults to the FSO_BG status bar icons. Note: using the “StatusBarMode” key will automatically impose the corresponding StatusBarContentsMode string. Use this key if u want a different string to be utilized.

9.) Key – “TimeStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description - Modifies the Status Bar time. Can change font, color, position, etc.

10.) Key – “IconAlpha”
    String – “.1” to “.9”
    Description - Modifies the Brightness of icons. (.9 being the brightest an icon can be before it is “normal”.

Note: anything with a CSS string can be used to make that item transparent (invisible)

Known Keys with unknown Strings or Descriptions
    1.) NavigationBarStyle-0
    2.) NavigationBarStyle

Mods, and serious themers (u know who u r) lets try and put this together. This is an extremely requested topic, and I think there are a LOT that r not listed here.

2. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to leram84 For This Useful Post:

Aldog18 (08-03-2010), Alfroggy (07-05-2012), Andreas Larsen (03-26-2013), blkcadi (03-27-2009), chriskeens (03-24-2009), Cody Overcash (04-17-2010), delark (03-24-2009), Doppelgriff (04-06-2009), doseofnerd (06-22-2013), dsg (10-21-2011), Enkidu (04-01-2009), harmycl (04-10-2013), HisNameIsAngel (04-08-2009), IbelithLP (08-04-2010), imported0 (07-05-2012), It's Mi (08-27-2013), Jackim (01-28-2011), JayZhar (05-17-2009), jiggygtr (07-02-2009), Jonathan H a x o r (10-30-2010), King_O_Hill (12-07-2012), love2drive2fast (01-15-2010), maxwinick (03-28-2009), menard_00 (08-11-2013), michaelrw (01-25-2014), NeuroNerd (03-15-2011), Pistol1 (07-15-2009), PotatoHead (05-11-2009), Sk37cH (02-02-2014), StaticFX (03-25-2009), Stereo89 (07-12-2010), Tdog729 (11-18-2010), Turd-Slicer (07-15-2009), tw1zt (05-03-2009)

Thanks

Wow... Seriously?... Nothing?? I guess i need to make a macthemes account. Shame we cant get anything more advanced on this forum beyond "HELP CYNTHIA BRICKED MY PHONE!!!" or "Can someone make me a lolipop and gumdrop theme?".

Green Apple
    Thanks

This list should be pinned. It's very useful, and if it had been there before, I could have probably evaded 3 topics here.

Unfortunately I'm only a starting modifier and aim more towards graphical editing, I can't really contribute to this list. But I will try, whenever I can!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Great so far... but im sure theres more

still digging

Thanks

Yeah, this post is actually stickied on macthemes, and they havn't been able to come up w anything else yet either. I know that there is a Font Key, but i havn't really had a need to mod that, so i never bothered to learn all the keys, but its basically a command that changes every instance of the font u enter in the key, to the font u enter in the string.

If somoeone could list all the possible keys and strings for that command, as well as the two listed at the bottom of the first post, that would at least be a good start.

Green Apple
    Thanks

FONT key would be AWESOME

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leram84 View Post
    OK, this is getting ridiculous… I have never seen something requested so many times without a single attempt at an answer from this community (The whole jb community, not just this site, cause I have searched EVERYWHERE for this) So seeing as how an “official” response is unlikely in the near future, let’s try and get this thread to at least centralize as much info as possible. Here is what I have found so far for the main Infol.plist for a winterboard theme.

1.) Key – “BadgeStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description – Modifies the Notification Badge that appears above the SMS, Email, Phone, etc. apps. Can change font, color, position, etc.

2.) Key – “CalendarIconDateStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description – Modifies the Calendar Icon Date. Can change font, color, position, etc.

3.) Key – “CalendarIconDayStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description – Modifies the Calendar Icon Day. Can change font, color, position, etc.

4.) Key – “ComposeStoreIcons”
    String – “True” or “False”
    Description – True imposes the “rounding” affect to icons (also known as rapping). False bypasses those UIImages to allow for custom icons to not be affected by this process.

5.) Key – “DockedIconLabelStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description - Modifies the docked icon label style. Can change font, color, position, etc.

6.) Key – “UndockedIconLabelStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description - Modifies the undocked icon label style. Can change font, color, position, etc.

7.) Key – “StatusBarMode”
    String – “0”, “1”, “2”, or “3”
    Description – Forces the use of only one of the three status bars. “0” defaults the “Default_BG” status bar, “1” defaults the FST_BG status bar, and “2” or “3” defaults to the FSO_BG status bar.

8.) Key – “StatusBarContentsMode”
    String – “0”, “2”, or “3”
    Description – Forces the use of only one of the two sets of status bars icons (the little icons that appear on the status bar). “0” defaults the “Default_BG” status bar icons, and “2” or “3” defaults to the FSO_BG status bar icons. Note: using the “StatusBarMode” key will automatically impose the corresponding StatusBarContentsMode string. Use this key if u want a different string to be utilized.

9.) Key – “TimeStyle”
    String – CSS
    Description - Modifies the Status Bar time. Can change font, color, position, etc.

10.) Key – “IconAlpha”
    String – “.1” to “.9”
    Description - Modifies the Brightness of icons. (.9 being the brightest an icon can be before it is “normal”.

Note: anything with a CSS string can be used to make that item transparent (invisible)

Known Keys with unknown Strings or Descriptions
    1.) NavigationBarStyle-0
    2.) NavigationBarStyle

Mods, and serious themers (u know who u r) lets try and put this together. This is an extremely requested topic, and I think there are a LOT that r not listed here.
    I've tried changing the BadgeStyle so that i can move the sms etc notification but nothing happens. All that it ends up doing is leaving the badge background there with no number in it. Anyone successfully got this working?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rich1976 For This Useful Post:

NeuroNerd (03-15-2011)

Thanks

Yeah, unfortunatly ther is a pre allocated space for the badge to exist. The CSS properties only apply within that space. If u want to see the edges of were the that badge can go, u can use the allignment properties (left and right) to see, but it will basically show u that there is not much space to move around in. Modding it the way u did is the same method the "invisible statusbar clock mod" uses (basically just moving it outside the viewable space). Unfortunatly there really is no easy fix for this. From what i gather, the badge properties are codded by the specific apps, and are not modifiable via plists, or .string files, beyond the capabilities that Saurik specifically programmed into WB.

Green Apple
    Thanks

the number is all that will move with the BadgeStyle

for fun... try changing the size of the badge Image (I havent tried this yet....)

make the image taller or wider and see where it shows?

it might work. I tried making an icon 120x60 and it worked fine

Thanks

Yes... u can move the SBBadgeBG, and it will MOVE, the problem is moving the text... again, the BadgeStyle key has full CSS capabilities, the problem is the space its boxed into. If you move it, it will move, but it will move outside the viewable area.

BTW, just to update, this list of keys is actually complete. it was added to a wb guide here, and u can see the last few font keys, and basically all the wrap up info on it.
    MacThemes Forum / [WinterBoard HELP] Almost-complete iPhone Theme-ing Guide.

Green Apple
    Thanks

unless im missing it.. what "last few font keys?"

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,491 Times in 5,833 Posts

For myself, I appreciate the hard work you put into this. I am a noob and I have struggled to find these with tons of time searching forums and google.
    Again, Thank you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    unless im missing it.. what "last few font keys?"

Thanks!
    Just read my last two posts from that thread, i linked to it there, itl explain everything

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    For myself, I appreciate the hard work you put into this. I am a noob and I have struggled to find these with tons of time searching forums and google.
    Again, Thank you.
    Word

16. The Following User Says Thank You to leram84 For This Useful Post:

StaticFX (03-27-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just read my last two posts from that thread, i linked to it there, itl explain everything

Word
    misssed that.

THNAKS FOR THE RESEARCH!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah, unfortunatly ther is a pre allocated space for the badge to exist. The CSS properties only apply within that space. If u want to see the edges of were the that badge can go, u can use the allignment properties (left and right) to see, but it will basically show u that there is not much space to move around in. Modding it the way u did is the same method the "invisible statusbar clock mod" uses (basically just moving it outside the viewable space). Unfortunatly there really is no easy fix for this. From what i gather, the badge properties are codded by the specific apps, and are not modifiable via plists, or .string files, beyond the capabilities that Saurik specifically programmed into WB.
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    the number is all that will move with the BadgeStyle

for fun... try changing the size of the badge Image (I havent tried this yet....)

make the image taller or wider and see where it shows?

it might work. I tried making an icon 120x60 and it worked fine
    Thanks for your advice guys

Green Apple
    Thanks

leram84 - new one to add...

<key>UIInterfaceOrientation</key>
    <string>UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight</string>

sets the statusbar on the right side (Im assuming you can do left too?)

Thanks

wtf???? r u serious???? I don't even know where to begin with this... if this is true, it is really going to throw my whole "this is the complete list" theory... I'm gonna try this right now, but can u tell me how u found this? I really want to know if Saurik is adding code to the info.plist without telling anyone (which i still can't believe would be true because ... whats the point of that??)

Edit: It doesn't work... did u get this to work on urs?

ok, after a quick search on this, it appears that the key u gave is from the sdk. Is that how u found it? cause it is a valid key in the skd for apps to use, but as far as i can tell it has nothing to do with winterboard... Remember that the keys in winterboard are not a hood of a default plist, each one of the keys has to be specifically codded by Saurik, They'r kind of like "Features" of WB. idk, but i think u already know all this, so im really curious to see if im missing something.

Let me know.
    Last edited by leram84; 04-01-2009 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Crap, sorry. didnt read far enough... was hurrying lol

this cant be done thru WB like you said. you have to mod the orig plist files.

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
    /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Info.plist

sorry.. i got a bit excited.

Thanks

haha... ok, thats cool, but does it actually make the status bar horizantal? From what i see, it looks like that is just a method of making a horizantal display WITHIN AN APP, but not for the whole UI or on the SB... right?

Have you actually tried this? and if so, can u put up a ss or something? If it really is that easy to make status bar on the right, i don't understand why Saurik wouldn't add that hook to WB. Also, what would happen to the dock?
    Last edited by leram84; 04-01-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Edit

Green Apple
    Thanks

i think its only recently been discovered. I saw it here:

[ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127008]OMG, landscape springboard! - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame]

but it seems it was found on macthemes forums