Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help making a custom dialer?

Default Help making a custom dialer?
    okay so i made a new dialpad for my phone. i don't really know what size it should be or anything about it. i made it and saved it as a png file. the next problem is where do i put it on the phone? i wish there was a new tutorial for this. found one but very old.

thanks for helping

Get any custom dialer from Cydia, SSH into phone to get that custom dialer theme to your computer then examine the images and structure of the dialer theme.

how do i open them up? they are under mobilephone.app. si there a tutorial somewhere out there to start from scratch or replace the image behind the dialer? i found a template on here that i can make the background a pic of my kids but don't know what to do with it when done

I personally don't know of any dialer theme tutorials but doing it this way is imo the best way to understand theming. By just getting a previously made theme and examining it. You will be able to see the image sizes, names, location.

The custom dialer theme will be in /Library/Themes/ <--here along with all your other Winterboard themes.

I didn't understand your question "how do I open them up",
    Are you stuck on opening the Mobilephone.app within the Theme?
    Are you on a Mac or PC?

Edit: Broomhead just posted a link to "how to" here in the other thread you posted in:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/skinnin...de-dialer.html
    Last edited by THEdAY; 03-17-2009 at 11:05 PM.

okay i figured out how to open them up and i made a quick one with my kids but i can't get it to show up on the iphone. i put it in Applications/MobilePhone.app and saved it as BarDialer_Sel.png. in winterboard i have all the themes off and no dialers checked. all i get is the stock dialer.

thanks

The images need to go only in the theme in Winterboard not in the actual Applications/MobilePhone.app.

In your Dialertheme/Bundles/com.apple.mobilephone/ you should have:

dialerkeypad.png 320x273
    dialerkeypad_pressed.png 320x273
    dialerlcd.png 320x74
    DefaultDialer.png 320x460
    callbkgnd_pressed.png 3x64
    callbkgnd.png 3x64
    addcontact_pressed.png 107x64
    addcontact.png 107x64
    delete_pressed.png 107x64
    delete.png 107x64

PM me your email and I will send you the default images so you can have an idea what they are for.

BTW, the BarDialer_Sel.png is the small "Dialer" icon that goes on the bottom of the phone app along with Favorites, Recents, Contacts, "Dialer", Voicemail

I'm sorry to bring an old thread back to life, but heres a great tutorial on the subject...
    Make Your Own Custom iPhone Keypad Guide