+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard 3.2 won't show downloaded Themes

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi, I am also having the same problem. I have installed symmerboard 3.2. I have also installed a couple of themes fron installer\themes(summerboard). When clicking and checking for themes in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I am also having the same problem. I have installed symmerboard 3.2. I have also installed a couple of themes fron installer\themes(summerboard). When clicking and checking for themes in SMB prefs there are no themes showing in there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but no luck. Am i missing a certian application or source? Please help

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok I have tried everything in this thread except for adding the sorce to my installer, mainley because I don't know how to do it. I still don't see any themes in my smb.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WinSCP to your phone and check the Summerboard(folder) properties the Octal should read 0755. Yeah i know that the fix should already do this but damn just try.

Thanks

update I have now tried everthing in this thread and still cannot see installed themes. I am running 1.1.4

Should I just restore and start all over? I just don't know what else to do.
    Last edited by Doran; 03-31-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone have a list of themes that work for sure after using SMB theme fix?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    update I have now tried everthing in this thread and still cannot see installed themes. I am running 1.1.4

Should I just restore and start all over? I just don't know what else to do.
    same here tryed it all now iam stuck

Thanks

OK I restored my iphone to new and started over....... all is working well now.......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok I have installed smb theme fi. And boss prefer but some themse I have still don't work, any solutions?

Thanks

For all of you that are ssh savvy try changing the permissions on Installer to 755. That should stop the main execution error.

For those of you with smb issues try changing permissions to 755 on your smb prefs app and on the summerboard folder in your library where the themes are kept.You will also need the fix for 1.1.3/1.1.4. Hope that works.

If the themes you download arent visible to select it's because it's putting them a folder they don't belong in. For instance
    I just installed a theme for summerboard when I ssh I find it in /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    The problem is that it belongs in /private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    All you have to do is move them to the correct fold and make sure your permissions are set correctly
    The same issue occured with customize files installed to /private/var/mobile/Library/Customize
    But they belonged in /private/var/root/Library/Customize

Good luck
    Last edited by evolutionarymc; 04-03-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Additional Info
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

Thanks

wow kool i wish i knew what a summerboard theme looked like on my iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The reason for all your problems is that firmware 1.1.4 and 1.1.3 both utilize a different folder for summerboard themes. Therefore when you download a theme and install it installs to the old summerboard themes folder and not the new folder location tjhat Summerboard 3.2 reads from. Therefore it will not show up in summerboard at all. Best bet is to try and install themes manually using iphonebrowser etc.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure I already explained that in an earlier post.^^^
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdl535 View Post
    I've done all the fixes and can see the themes in Summerboard, but certain ones don't work. When the theme is activated, it just show the defult theme with my own background, not the actual theme. I can't find a rhyme or reason for this. Happens on different themes, uploaded by different people and on different sources.
    I'm pretty sure if your on firmware 1.1.3/4 you need uninstall then reinstall the theme fix after you download a new theme every time

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nothing works with me
    what can i do
    i just wanna delet this app from my iphone

Thanks

abu what FW are you using

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi to all. I tried all options, from the 1.1.4 fix theme, to changing all the permissions to 755. I also copy the whole theme folder from var-root-library-summerboard-themes to the mobile-summberboard-themes folder. nothing happens. T_T also I re-installed the fix, reboot the phone, still nothing works. I got 1.1.4 FW (1.1.3 otb) Any suggestions?

P.S. My themes have the complete images for all my applications, usually the weather app has the prob loading its image with the smb theme

Never mind I got it already running ^^
    Last edited by sato; 04-07-2008 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sato what made yours start working

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i use 1.1.4 fw

Thanks
    Default i found another way
    i found another way to change the permissions in the folder its at this thread i have here

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120271

worked right after i did it and it was all from the iphone not having to connect through a computer which had me down

hope this helps you
    do you smell smoke

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had this problem... Nothing would work so I restored and re jailbroke and then summerboard worked hope this helps...

Ps... This is my first post!!! Woo!