Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SpringJumps Mod

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SpringJumps Mod
    I was hoping to make an application that would be able to do all this in a simplified manner, but it's just easier to SSH everything into the phone. Attached is a zip file of everything that you'll need to get multipule springjump icons. Instructions are inside the zip file. Should be easy enough to follow. If you have any issues just ask and I'll do my best to help.

Here's a video of it in action I took earlier today.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbukFFSpQec"]iPhone Multiple SpringJumps[/ame]

Should make for some interesting themes to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

That's really sick. Once I get my phone replaced at the Apple store tomorrow and can jailbreak again I'll give this a shot. Nice work!
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Nice job mate, I got a quick question, I have the inav theme & I think thats why you came up with this cool mod, I have springjump already installed & using it for only page 7 the apps page, If I install this can i get all the apps titles of the left of that theme to open once pressed?
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The problem with the iNav theme was that there were more than 4 or 5 text items on the left side. With more than 5 there is no way to have a SpringJump icon for each one of them. That is the reason I created my theme with only 5 essential items.

So, the short answer to your question is, "no." The long answer is yes, with some mods to the theme.

Also, if I understand your question correctly, you are actually asking if pressing on the text will open up the application associated with that text. If so then the answer is no. It will only bring you to the springboard page that you have the larger icon on. I can take another video of how it works as I open up applications on the screen and everything.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alertrenegade For This Useful Post:

nickh (03-15-2009)

Thanks

Ok, thanks given for the reply mate. I understand it a lot clearer now.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No problem. A good example of this is my theme. The 5 icons "Phone" "Messaging" "Internet" "Media" "Apps" are all just SpringJumps with their icon.png file changed to those words which I made in Fireworks. 5 pages, 5 icons each.

I found an easy way to change every icon of those ones I wanted to have text. When editing the Info.plist file for each of the shortcut00_0.app's there was an item which called each one Page #. So I just placed an icon in my 'Icons' folder titled Page 0.png and it changed all of those SpringJumps.

An issue arose when I choose to replace all of the "about:blank" WebClip icons with a blank SpringJump icon. This was easily fixed by naming all of the shortcuts I wanted to have hidden the same name inside the Info.plist file. So now on each of my different pages the only areas that will change anything in the phone are the various peices of text for different pages, and the applications.

Hi,
    Thanks for your mod.That I waiting for.

btw I've any problem to use it.
    I follow the instruction but there're nothing appear on my springboard.

I put SpringJumps00.app and
    _shortcut00_0.app
    _shortcut00_8.app
    into the Applications Folder in iPhone.

I also set permission to "SpringJumpPrefs" to 755 and respringboard.

But nothing happen.
    What I've done wrong.Help me please.

Thanks again.

PS.I'm using windows.

sorry for my English

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

iNav could be modifed slightly to work with this - it'd have to be 5 sections obviously instead of 7.. but then itd work perfect.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by Montimedia View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for your mod.That I waiting for.

btw I've any problem to use it.
    I follow the instruction but there're nothing appear on my springboard.

I put SpringJumps00.app and
    _shortcut00_0.app
    _shortcut00_8.app
    into the Applications Folder in iPhone.

I also set permission to "SpringJumpPrefs" to 755 and respringboard.

But nothing happen.
    What I've done wrong.Help me please.

Thanks again.

PS.I'm using windows.

sorry for my English
    you need to download respring from cydia and use that to rebuild the springboard.

i am having some problems with this following you instructions placing all the files in the applications folder i have them on my springboard but i noticed that all the SpringJump**.app are the same thing are all these needed also the jumps aren't working they just open and close that isn't meant to happen is it?

Its cool i just installed it through cydia and it works great there thank you.
    Last edited by rocky5; 03-22-2009 at 03:44 PM.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The extra SpringJumps**.app's will not work. They will do what you said, open and then close. I ended up using poof! to hide those extra SpringJumps. Although now that I look at my phone. I removed the SpringJump**.app completely and still have multiple springjumps. So my /Applications folder looks like the attached .jpg file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -springjumps.jpg  

This is a nice little trick, is there anyway to get more rows? I doubt it, as the icons would overlap, but just wondering...

^add this http://cydia.touch-mania.com/ to Cydia Sources then install FiveIrows

Sweet Mod! Cheers

I'm running them fine without the extra SpringJumpsXX.apps
    Last edited by dsg; 04-26-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Default Problem!
    I have a problem with the new version of Springjumps. I have installed the Springjumps Mod on my iPod Touch for a iNav Theme. With the new version of SpringJmps I canít move the springjumps icon of the SpringJumps Mod. Whatís the problem?

I can not do anything too please help...
    This new version of springjumps is no working like before...

Legend. I was looking for something like this

Default Problem
    I was rejoicing when i saw this post! but after figuring out how to install. the icons appear and all seems well, but then once i tap them expecting to travel to the page, the page kind of pulses quickly as if it "moved" but it stays on the same page, and upon tapping other jump icons nothing happens.
    is this my fault for installing incorrectly?
    or is it a bug in relation to the iphone 4 os?

Sozogen, I might be a little bit late for you, but I know how to fix the issue. The files you get in the download file are a little faulty on this line, "<string>jp.ashikase.springjumps##.#</string>" you have to edit it so that it looks like this "<string>jp.ashikase.springjumps.##.#</string>". If you didn't notice, the period is in between springjumps and the #'s.

PS Sorry for the bump...