+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hide lockscreen status bar

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Is there a way to do this? By hide I mean make the thing transparent (which I have already) and hide the signal, battery, wifi, etc
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Hide lockscreen status bar
    Is there a way to do this? By hide I mean make the thing transparent (which I have already) and hide the signal, battery, wifi, etc

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if ur on winterboard, take this image "FST_BG.png" and put it in "yourthemename"/Folders/SpringBoard.app or "yourthemename"/Bundles/com.apple.springboard it will work either way. However this will only make the status bar transparent. If u want to make the wifi, signal bar, carrier logo, etc. dissapear as well, its gonna cost u some. The way the status bar works is there r three different ones (FST_BG, FSO_BG and Defualt_BG) FST for the lockscreen, FSO for the Spring baord and some apps, and Defualt for the other apps (its random which apps will use FSO or Defualt). But the thing is there are only two sets of images that go on the status bar (all those wifi, signal bar, etc things) and they are FSO and Default. So if u want the FST (lockscreen) status bar to have invisible images on it, u will have to make all the FSO_"imagename"'s invisible, and then u will have no images on the SB as well. I don't know how much u know about this stuff so it could be a little confusing for beginners. If u want to see how the images are structured, u can dl this http://www.modmyi.com/forums/winterb...rything-2.html and look in the SpringBoard.app folder to see all the stock images that im talking aobut.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to leram84 For This Useful Post:

pablogiorgini (06-30-2009)

Thanks

sorry forgot the image here u go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hide lockscreen status bar-fst_bg.png  

Green Apple
    Thanks

damn, I was hoping there was a different way. I guess I'll just be happy with a transparent bar. At least I got rid of the lock

Thanks leram

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there should be a way to do it much like editing the Info.plist file will hide the status bar in the SpringBoard.app UI

Thanks

Search Cydia for "SB Hidden StatusBar"
    ModMyi.com | SB Hidden StatusBar
    Enjoy. Just donít use it if you have Folder Enhancer...

iPhone? More like MyPhone ElectroRob's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm is there a way that the statusbar is only hidden at the Lockscreen and not in springboard?